Henry Anderson on Pat McAfee show defends his dirty hit on Haushka

YoloinOhio

I'm shocked that no one on Buffalo's OL attempted to retaliate for that cheap shot. Perhaps a chop block or something to tell Anderson his play was not going to be tolerated.  That said, what's the cost to a team for injuring their opponents kicker? From a cost benefit perspective, a 15 yard roughing penalty and losing a starting DL for the game is worth less than injuring a kicker to the point they can't convert XPs or FGs.  With games won or lost more frequently on FGs, it's going to happen whether coaches admit it or not.   

This is a more serious violation than the Legion of Boom a few years ago committing PI or holding penalties on most plays because they all couldn't get called.  The competition committee needs to review when this occurs and how to officials respond when kickers/punters are targets and not involved in the play.  

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

What exactly did Henry day?

He said it was legal because it was technically from the side instead of the back and he could have still made the tackle on the blocked kick return and had tried to do so earlier, and that it looked worse than it was because he’s 100 lbs heavier than him. 

28 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I'm shocked that no one on Buffalo's OL attempted to retaliate for that cheap shot. Perhaps a chop block or something to tell Anderson his play was not going to be tolerated.  That said, what's the cost to a team for injuring their opponents kicker? From a cost benefit perspective, a 15 yard roughing penalty and losing a starting DL for the game is worth less than injuring a kicker to the point they can't convert XPs or FGs.  With games won or lost more frequently on FGs, it's going to happen whether coaches admit it or not.   

This is a more serious violation than the Legion of Boom a few years ago committing PI or holding penalties on most plays because they all couldn't get called.  The competition committee needs to review when this occurs and how to officials respond when kickers/punters are targets and not involved in the play.  

Looking at it from the other side, maybe it was the Jets who were retaliating against Dawkins' really dirty play on the first play of the game?

Was it a block in the back?  Maybe.  Was it a cheap shot on a "defenseless player".  Absolutely.  Have I seen that called before when a offensive players lays a blind side block on a defender like that?  Yes (I recall Benjamin getting called for that).  Is a special teams play different to the officials?  Seems like it. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Looking at it from the other side, maybe it was the Jets who were retaliating against Dawkins' really dirty play on the first play of the game?

I was thinking the same thing. And didn't Dawkins penalty come on the first play from scrimmage? Maybe something carried over from the previous game.

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I was thinking the same thing. And didn't Dawkins penalty come on the first play from scrimmage? Maybe something carried over from the previous game.

Yes; before the game, there was a quote from a Jets player (Jamal Adams, I think), who said that the Bills really didn't like the Jets, and that they really didn't like the Bills. It's personal between these two teams.

Lindsey Hauschka@lindseyhauschka

Really cool to hear you guys laughing about my husband being injured on a play on your show!!! Class acts.

Go get 'em girl.  

45 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Who's Pat McAfee ? 

As I started to read the title I was thinking Virus (McAfee) and Harry Anderson (Night Court was mentioned yesterday) 

Why the F is this on the main board and not OTW...  

then I House $ registered.  

28 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'd have to pull a McDermott and say I need to look at the tape. It could be. 

I would expect the Jets defense would target someone who wasn't defenseless, like say the guy (Dawkins) who did that.

• Like (+1) 1