AW23 Beef with the Bills-Any insight?

plenzmd1

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Nvm I guess. You said he needs to move on with his life. I just don't think we should say this about every Bill making an effort to stay in Buffalo.

But I really don't know the story here we just seem quick to pass judgement over a poorly worded tweet

I don't care where he lives....as long as he stops crying in public about how "bad" his former employer is treating him, despite the fact that they no longer employ him.

He didn't mind taking their millions for not playing football.

Edited by Mr. WEO

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He didn't mind taking their millions for not playing football

Oh yeah I forgot players forcibly take money, return money they are given when they have career ending injuries, and it comes out of Mr. WEO's pocket. Forgot that was precedent.

He must have loved having a career ending injury. Go watch cubicle jockeys type at a desk if you're only interested in watching people earn their money rather than entertain for money. You helped pay his salary as an NFL watcher dude.

I guess I forgot what capitalism means. What an *** for taking money! Who does that. I always return my day's salary.

Literally has nothing to do with this.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

I think I can explain this. It was a simple misunderstanding. AW showed up and did his public appearance, which was very cool, but he didn’t realize the world class wings provided by @plenzmd1 didn’t come until after the game. Who here hasn’t been cranky in the face of enormous disappointment? 

Look in the mirror people! 

aw has the false idea that pro football teams give a damn about their ex-players. they give a damn if they can get good pub,,or its a big star that will draw fans.

most ex-bills cant stand the buffalo bills..-for many reasons

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tcali said:

aw has the false idea that pro football teams give a damn about their ex-players. they give a damn if they can get good pub,,or its a big star that will draw fans.

Regarding the NFL, I tend to be pro labor.  But is there any truth to this whatsoever?

12 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Oh yeah I forgot players forcibly take money, return money they are given when they have career ending injuries, and it comes out of Mr. WEO's pocket. Forgot that was precedent.

He must have loved having a career ending injury. Go watch cubicle jockeys type at a desk if you're only interested in watching people earn their money rather than entertain for money. You helped pay his salary as an NFL watcher dude.

I guess I forgot what capitalism means. What an *** for taking money! Who does that. I always return my day's salary.

Literally has nothing to do with this.

You make a great straw man argument.  In fact, that's all you can do.

No one said he forcibly took their money.  No one said either he or they didn't not honor his employment contract. No one said he should "leave" Buffalo. No one is changing the definition of capitalism.

All I am saying, if you read my posts, is that this guy's beef is bizarre.  He got paid well for the time he was here and the work he did. Now his injury has prevented him from doing this particular profession (which is playing a game for lots of money), but not from pursuing another profession.....

...yet he feels compelled to rail at a former employer--a company he RETIRED from---because he now feels like they owe him, in particular, something else.

That's completely F'd up.  No 2 ways about it.

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You make a great straw man argument.  In fact, that's all you can do.

No one said he forcibly took their money.  No one said either he or they didn't not honor his employment contract. No one said he should "leave" Buffalo. No one is changing the definition of capitalism.

All I am saying, if you read my posts, is that this guy's beef is bizarre.  He got paid well for the time he was here and the work he did. Now his injury has prevented him from doing this particular profession (which is playing a game for lots of money), but not from pursuing another profession.....

...yet he feels compelled to rail at a former employer--a company he RETIRED from---because he now feels like they owe him, in particular, something else.

That's completely F'd up.  No 2 ways about it.

You don't know what straw man argument means. This very reply is ironic in being straw man. You didn't give an argument you gave an opinion on his character. There's no straw man if there's no argument.

Him "taking millions" as you put it is no reflection on someones character. He was paid millions. Didn't steal it.

Everything I posted is my opinion on why he's entitled to the money and this has nothing to do with the reflection of his character in this particular context

20 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

You don't know what straw man argument means. This very reply is ironic in being straw man. You didn't give an argument you gave an opinion on his character. There's no straw man if there's no argument.

Him "taking millions" as you put it is no reflection on someones character. He was paid millions. Didn't steal it.

Everything I posted is my opinion on why he's entitled to the money and this has nothing to do with the reflection of his character in this particular context

You are arguing against points and arguments (attempting to convince others that your "opinion" is valid IS argument making) that no one has made.  You define straw man, therefore.

As another example, no one here is saying he was not entitled to the money he was paid.  I'm arguing that his sense of entitlement has led him to this goofy beef with the Bills.

You need to first run your posts by an editor, or someone equivalent, before clicking "Submit Reply"..

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You are arguing against points and arguments (attempting to convince others that your "opinion" is valid IS argument making) that no one has made.  You define straw man, therefore.

As another example, no one here is saying he was not entitled to the money he was paid.  I'm arguing that his sense of entitlement has led him to this goofy beef with the Bills.

You need to first run your posts by an editor, or someone equivalent, before clicking "Submit Reply"..

false dichotomy. You need to revisit high school english.

You can just say what you meant to say, or you can mislead with a post of implications.. providing an opinion.

"I don't care where he lives....as long as he stops crying in public about how "bad" his former employer is treating him, despite the fact that they no longer employ him.

EDIT

He didn't mind taking their millions for not playing football."

That's not a very clear post that you believe his sense of entitlement has led him to goofy beef. Not exactly an airtight "argument". But has total ambiguity subject to interpretation that you're not pleased with him taking "millions for not playing football".. you literally just added that as an edit for no reason. The original post was fine. See how you have a negative slant on that sentence? The way you word things is how they get interpreted. That sentence is not painted as an argument, it's an opinion I can disagree and make points as to why I disagree with it, not why you aren't entitled to your opinion. I'm not wrong about why I think he can take the money and give reasons for it.. because I'm not rebutting an argument: no straw man going on. 

But you can move the goal post on what you really mean after the fact and retroactively claim straw man. Context is everything in written communication. Don't bring logical argument fallacies on a disagreement with a single sentence you made.

20 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

false dichotomy. You need to revisit high school english.

Look at you heavy lifting!!

Here's a few more for your new vocab: 

non sequitur

apropos of nothing

Can you also misuse those in a sentence?

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Look at you heavy lifting!!

Here's a few more for your new vocab: 

non sequitur

apropos of nothing

Can you also misuse those in a sentence?

Hehe sure. Just don't yell straw man to defend negative opininated ambiguity in your posts followed by "what I REALLY meant was..."

Moving the goalpost

I'm glad he at least defined his beef as limited to the FO and not the fans/city as a whole--that said, what's the point of bringing it up and then not being upfront about whatever the issue happens to be? Now it turns into a bunch of pointless speculation, ergo, all of us here...;) 

On 12/12/2018 at 8:54 AM, Mr. WEO said:

He would end up right back on IR....

This has already been commented on.  Did you not read his tweet?  He's asking us to name any player past or present who is more involved with Buffalo than him. 

How is that not most moronic thing he could type?  He can't think of.....ANY former Bill who is more ingrained in Buffalo than  him??

This guy has nothing to do with the Buffalo the city.

That was definitely a fail on his part to paint himself as sole heir to the title of "Mr. Buffalo." We could start a whole thread of which current and former players are most involved in the community and I'd be surprised to see him at or near the top. If he's trying to gain the sympathy of the fans, he's going about it totally the wrong way, IMHO. 

14 hours ago, Tcali said:

Links? What %? Can't say that I've ever heard negativity like that from the former players who were invested in playing for Buffalo beyond a year or 2 rental terms, like TO.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, BillsFan4 said:

I love Aaron Williams and I will always respect him for the way he laid his body on the line for the Buffalo Bills. 

I have no idea what happened or who is at fault. But I will say that A. Williams has always been a very emotional guy and I think sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him. No idea if that’s the case here or not, though. 

One of my favorite players. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it might have something to do with being snubbed for leading the charge. He's sure more worthy than some these guys lately.