I Never Thought I'd Miss Vlad Ducasse and Other Surprising Thoughts

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Never watched Douglass play but I watched a clip they made of him and it was pretty amazing...he kind of looks like Josh Allen even...

Thanks for finding/posting that clip. This convinces me - Josh Allen is Bobby Douglass's righthanded illegitimate son. Not just the runs. Take a look at that pass he launches from his own 45 that lands near the back of the endzone.  Let's just hope Josh isn't similarly confused by NFL playbooks ...

EDIT: check out this box score for Bobby. 8-20 passing, 195 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT.  The opponent? The Buffalo Bills. He was Josh Allen before there was Josh Allen! https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197011220chi.htm

Edited by The Frankish Reich

7 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

So being a 5th round rookie means he doesn't suck? Can they not both suck regardless of the figures you just listed that literally have nothing to do with their play?

are you showing me in depth analysis with draft position and experience in the NFL?

I think the implication may have been, that when a guy has started 51 games, he is what he is

When a guy has started 5 games, he might suck, or he might need more playing time to develop.

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the implication may have been, that when a guy has started 51 games, he is what he is

When a guy has started 5 games, he might suck, or he might need more playing time to develop.

Sure but it's irrelevant to my point of what he can do next week (or the OP if I understand correctly) a rookie 5th rounder can have potential but we're just talking about what would have worked out better this season. Sounds like he's our better interior OL from the other posts. Not that it's a high bar. 

I can't judge interior OL but feels like I constantly hear his named called for holding penalties.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

21 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Stopgap vets shouldn't be around for years, starting.  Says something about management's judgement.

That's true and all. But I prefer that over late round younguns underperforming. We need to address this whole group feels like, and I'd prefer shoring up the interior first. He's below average but not horrible.

Whatever. I know very little OL evaluation or about our OL. I'll chill with the hot takes and defer to y'all.. they seem so bad on paper but seem somewhat capable at times?? Or maybe it's JA balling out and Barkley throwing quickly. The run blocking ain't passing my eye test and I've been told Mills is okay at that.

34 minutes ago, mabden said:

On your item 2:  comparisons of Allen to other qbs, 

I've said it twice,  I 'll say it again...

Josh Allen has the legs of Elway,  the arm of Marino and the guts of Kelly. 

That's a hot take haha. I'll say the legs and reckless abandoness to run of Kaep or early Cam (which is better than Elway's I have to imagine), and basically everything else Favre.. reckless, powerful, confident but certainly not Marino perfect. I guess Favre guts and Kelly guts are the same around here. I don't think anybody will have Favre guts but Allen certainly seems up for it.. 

Whatever announcer said he is Steve Young.. no way. He's Favre with wheels. Don't get me wrong. That is AWESOME. But he's going to be a frustrating and fun gunslinger. Not a constant league leader of passer rating, but a gutsy gunslinger that hits more home runs than he makes crippling mistakes (which I'll imagine he'll do a lot of both)

I don't see Randall Cunningham though.. he was like a slippery water bug while Allen gallops tall like Kaep. He scrambles and doesn't read option, but it's completely vertical running like how Kaep gashed the Packers.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That's true and all. But I prefer that over late round younguns underperforming. We need to address this whole group feels like, and I'd prefer shoring up the interior first. He's below average but not horrible.

Whatever. I know very little OL evaluation or about our OL. I'll chill with the hot takes and defer to y'all.. they seem so bad on paper but seem somewhat capable at times?? Or maybe it's JA balling out and Barkley throwing quickly. The run blocking ain't passing my eye test and I've been told Mills is okay at that.

That's a hot take haha. I'll say the legs and reckless abandoness to run of Kaep or early Cam (which is better than Elway's I have to imagine), and basically everything else Favre.. reckless, powerful, confident but certainly not Marino perfect. I guess Favre guts and Kelly guts are the same around here. I don't think anybody will have Favre guts but Allen certainly seems up for it.. 

Whatever announcer said he is Steve Young.. no way. He's Favre with wheels. Don't get me wrong. That is AWESOME. But he's going to be a frustrating and fun gunslinger. Not a constant league leader of passer rating, but a gutsy gunslinger that hits more home runs than he makes crippling mistakes (which I'll imagine he'll do a lot of both)

I don't see Randall Cunningham though.. he was like a slippery water bug while Allen gallops tall like Kaep. He scrambles and doesn't read option, but it's completely vertical running like how Kaep gashed the Packers.

As much as I like Marino (wanted the Bills to draft him) he could throw the ball anywhere on the field, but he was not perfect, what he did have to go with his arm was Duper, Claton and an All-Pro Line. 

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Lots to like in this post ... I'm sticking with my Bobby Douglass, but "Favre with wheels" makes a lot of sense too ...

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup...that would be a typical, in depth TBD analysis..............

Teller:  rookie    5th round pick     Games Played: 5      Games Started: 4

Ducasse:  9th season    2nd round pick     Games Played: 111    Games Started: 51

But - But - But ??? ? Teller sucks ...