Did anyone notice something about Sam Darnold?

PUNT750

48 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think Boone did a good job overall. Some of the in-game managing stuff with the staff/relievers, yeah, but that's a relatively small part of the job all things considered. The hardest part is motivating a bunch of multi, multi- millionaires to play hard and play hard for each other. He's good at that, as was Torre. Girardi, who ai really liked, wore out his welcome with too many players, and baseball is a players' game in the end. Plus they won 100 games with a decent amount of injury time to talented players. Btw, speaking of hall of fame, Harold Freaking Baines???? You have gotta be kidding me.

If Harold Baines was good enough to get into Cooperstown, then so am I.  And I stopped playing baseball when I was 12.  Pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2018 at 10:59 PM, PUNT750 said:

His resemblance to Joe Namath on the field.  The way he walks to the sidelines.  The way he runs the huddle.  His release of the football.  His touch passes.  

It's strange but I've seen many Broadway Joe games and Sam has that look!

Its probably just the uniform? They are/were both Jets players. 

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Harold Baines was good enough to get into Cooperstown, then so am I.  And I stopped playing baseball when I was 12.  Pathetic.

I thought you got in via the 'mascot' category?!  ?

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Chart (1973) Peak
position
Canada RPM Top Singles[6] 1
Canada RPM Adult Contemporary[8] 1
New Zealand (Listener)[9] 3
US Billboard Hot 100 2
US Billboard Adult Contemporary[10] 7
US Cash Box Top 100[11] 2

8432938639_a14e12e25a_z.jpg

Aha!  1973!  The U.S. was still reeling from Agnew's resignation, the firestorm of Watergate had yet to be unleashed.  Nervous middle aged middle of the road Republicans took comfort in the playgrounds of their minds with such audio Pablum.  Firesign Theatre proclaimed 'All Hail, Marx and Lennon!'

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do you know anything about the AFL and its history?  Based on your response I have to think the answer is no. 

Actually I do, I just have a different opinion than you on Namath. You think he changed the game I don’t.  I happen think he is the most over rated QB ever with Brett Farve right behind him.