Did anyone notice something about Sam Darnold?

PUNT750

11 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He really did look like he didn't want to be out there. He settled down after getting into the game rythm though. 

Honestly I feel great after watching JA show no fear ever. Just a kid having fun.

One of my favorite Brett Favre quotes after his teammates were ribbing him for his movie performance.

"Hey Frank! How many movies have you SUCKED in??"

Should be Peterman's line to all the armchair haters out there. Own it and be proud you sucked in something not many get the chance to lol.

My sister saw Clint Holmes (from Buffalo) in Vegas, and he acknowledged that he's a "One Hit Wonder" and then asked the audience "How many hits have you had?"  LOL 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Have the Wilpons finally dug themselves out of the Madoff hole they ended up in? If so, they're a major market team and should be able to open up the checkbook a little. IIRC, they weren't cheap before the financial crisis. They won the Beltran sweepstakes (and he was a great signing).

I believe they have dug out of that.  I also have read that their financial loss on the Madoff thing was overblown & that they have used that as an excuse.  They pick their spots when to spend money & have landed big free agents over the years.  With that being said, at times they have been cheap & it has cost the team.  

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Which also highlights how no one has yet come within light years of Marino’s ‘84 season.

I don’t even know what the equivalent would be in today’s NFL.  5500 yards?  6000?

Football is a team game. I've always been in disagreement that an NFL quarterbacks worth is their amount of Lombardi trophies. There are so many factors in a team making it to a Superbowl like having a good defense. I honestly believe as a hardcore Bills fan that Marino was the greatest pure passer the league has ever seen. I think Brady would've got knocked around more in that era and retired much earlier.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: Pure nonsense. 

What’s nonsense? They made it to ONE SB so a one hit wonder. The Jets D carried the team and won the game I mean they got 4 INT and a fumble recovery... and all the great Namath could do was get 1 TD and 3 FG? Sorry that’s a D win right there.. Namath was a 50% completion rate threwout his entire career and was a blowhard whose mouth again was bigger than his talent.  Now I’m not saying he stunk, just that his legend is bigger than his actual accomplishments.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

What’s nonsense? They made it to ONE SB so a one hit wonder. The Jets D carried the team and won the game I mean they got 4 INT and a fumble recovery... and all the great Namath could do was get 1 TD and 3 FG? Sorry that’s a D win right there.. Namath was a 50% completion rate threwout his entire career and was a blowhard whose mouth again was bigger than his talent.  Now I’m not saying he stunk, just that his legend is bigger than his actual accomplishments.

His numbers are very good for the era he played in and your sense of history regarding his impact on the game is severely lacking. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His numbers are very good for the era he played in and your sense of history regarding his impact on the game is severely lacking. 

Impact on the game.. lol we will disagree, I dare say a certain steeler QB  named Bradshaw is what changed the QB position forever along with lynn Swann as a WR.   Namath didn’t “change”  or “impact” the game greatly IMO he was just a showboat in the city of showboats.  What he did bring was more casual fans in because of his showboat style. But his skill level didn’t change the game maybe his mouth did but not his talent.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Impact on the game.. lol we will disagree, I dare say a certain steeler QB  named Bradshaw is what changed the QB position forever along with lynn Swann as a WR.   Namath didn’t “change”  or “impact” the game greatly IMO he was just a showboat in the city of showboats.  What he did bring was more casual fans in because of his showboat style. But his skill level didn’t change the game maybe his mouth did but not his talent.

Do you know anything about the AFL and its history?  Based on your response I have to think the answer is no. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Namath as a person is an absolute jerk but as a player he belongs in the HOF, just like OJ. As a player he was amazing as a person not so much. 

10 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Going to be real cool watching him and Allen go at it for a long time. Patriots are going to be on the bottom of the heap for 15-20 years so enjoy now Pats fans it going to end soon. .  

I agree.  Very soon it will be a wide-open AFC-EAST and that will be fun.  Good post!

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I wasn't thrilled, but I've come to terms with it.  I like that we got a top notch closer out of it.  Now I'm reading that they're working on a 3-way trade that would send Thor to the Yankees, with the Mets ending up with Realmuto.  Mets haven't had a good catcher since Piazza. 

I hope the Yankees dump Sanchez.  He's not a team player and a liability behind the dish!

33 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

I hope the Yankees dump Sanchez.  He's not a team player and a liability behind the dish!

He played well for Girardi.  Letting Joe go was very, very stupid, IMO.  I used to love the Yankees (watched them and the Mets every night for many years).  When they got Alex Rodriguez, I swore I wouldn't root for them until he was gone.  I stuck to it.  I was finally beginning to like them again, then they brought Boone in - who I think is absolutely horrible.  If they get Machado, I'll probably never root for them again.  That guy is a pure scumbag.  Old George must be rolling over in his grave. 

19 hours ago, WhickedWilliams said:

Allen could do it in one throw if we had any receivers to “Track” it!

But none could block lineman one on one like Freddy Jackson!

Freddy was awesome. he would be borderline HofF if he didnt start his NFL career at almost 27

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He played well for Girardi.  Letting Joe go was very, very stupid, IMO.  I used to love the Yankees (watched them and the Mets every night for many years).  When they got Alex Rodriguez, I swore I wouldn't root for them until he was gone.  I stuck to it.  I was finally beginning to like them again, then they brought Boone in - who I think is absolutely horrible.  If they get Machado, I'll probably never root for them again.  That guy is a pure scumbag.  Old George must be rolling over in his grave. 

I agree about Girardi.  I have to believe some star players thought he was too tough on them.  No to Machado - spare us..  Their infield is a mess right now.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

You should look at his advanced passer rating, which compares like to like. Most QBs threw more picks than TDs back then. The link is above.

The Hall of Fame isn't about most players. It's supposed to be the elite few. 

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think Boone did a good job overall. Some of the in-game managing stuff with the staff/relievers, yeah, but that's a relatively small part of the job all things considered. The hardest part is motivating a bunch of multi, multi- millionaires to play hard and play hard for each other. He's good at that, as was Torre. Girardi, who ai really liked, wore out his welcome with too many players, and baseball is a players' game in the end. Plus they won 100 games with a decent amount of injury time to talented players. Btw, speaking of hall of fame, Harold Freaking Baines???? You have gotta be kidding me.

Edited by dave mcbride