Did anyone notice something about Sam Darnold?

PUNT750

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Marino was so good... Way ahead of his time

That's like a 7000 yard season today given how much better that was than everyone else

In retrospect it's too bad he never won a ring. Him and Kelly both (obviously)!

But Marino has a lifetime completion percentage of 59%.  I learnt on this site that under 65% means a QB sucks.

Marino gets to one Super Bowl in his 2nd year .... and never gets another shot.  That poor bastard.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You have no sense of football history.  Changed the game for the AFL to give the league legitimacy that eventually led to the merger and won the Super Bowl over the heavily favored NFL Colts.  He absolutely belongs as the Story of the NFL can't be told without mentioning him. 

More like mention of that Jets D that year which held a high power Colts O to a meager 7points.. Namath was a typical Jet.. a loud mouth who talked more than his talent showed and of course a one hit wonder

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

His resemblance to Joe Namath on the field.  The way he walks to the sidelines.  The way he runs the huddle.  His release of the football.  His touch passes.  

It's strange but I've seen many Broadway Joe games and Sam has that look!

I knew I would probably regret clicking on this and yet I did it anyways. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Troy Aikman

Joe Montana

Jim Kelly

All never hit 4000 yards in a 16 game season, yet all 3 are Hall of Fame QBs known for running explosive  and innovative offenses decades after Namath played. 

Doesn't seem possible but it's true. 

Elway just broke 4000 one time in his career.

To me that puts that 4000 yard season back in 1967 when they only played 14 games in perspective, and I'm no Namath fan. 

They go by career, not one year.  Great year, but overrated

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

He's an old, ranting, white man whose fixation on the past, clouds how he views present-day NFL players and the league as a whole.

Forgive him.

What the hell does white have to do with it?  

57 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Going to be real cool watching him and Allen go at it for a long time. Patriots are going to be on the bottom of the heap for 15-20 years so enjoy now Pats fans it going to end soon. .  

I doubt the Pats go 2-14 while the Bills and Jets go 15-1 for the next decade

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You have no sense of football history.  Changed the game for the AFL to give the league legitimacy that eventually led to the merger and won the Super Bowl over the heavily favored NFL Colts.  He absolutely belongs as the Story of the NFL can't be told without mentioning him. 

All valid points but.....he was not a good QB & his stats back that up.   50% completion %, 173 TDS to 220 INTs, only averaged a shade over 2,000 yards passing per season.  I get it, different time, but those are eye popping bad stats for someone in the HOF.

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

All valid points but.....he was not a good QB & his stats back that up.   50% completion %, 173 TDS to 220 INTs, only averaged a shade over 2,000 yards passing per season.  I get it, different time, but those are eye popping bad stats for someone in the HOF.

Do you understand how much football and the passing game has changed since the 1960s when Namath played?  Look at his peers from the very same era. Beyond that point, his relevance goes far beyond any statistical measure.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do you understand how much football and the passing game has changed since the 1960s when Namath played?  Look at his peers from the very same era. Beyond that point, his relevance goes far beyond any statistical measure.

yeah I get it.  With that said, his stats suck in any era.  

10 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

His resemblance to Joe Namath on the field.  The way he walks to the sidelines.  The way he runs the huddle.  His release of the football.  His touch passes.  

You saw this?Image result for joe namath fur coat

I don't think so...

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

I was looking at Darnold's eyes.  He looked like he was scared shitless. 

• Like (+1) 1