Sal Mairano = the new Jerry Sullivan

I spelled his name wrong I think, but this guy has fully morphed into Sully.  Everything negative, pretends like he speaks for all the fans in his articles, acts like this was supposed to be a winning season, you name it, he will criticize it and tell you how bad it is.

His radio spots are unlistenable, honestly this dude is worse than Schopp if that's possible.

So for the 3% of you that miss doom and gloom Sully, there's a new sheriff in town.

Sal makes Jerry look like Mother Teresa. 

He clearly writes provocative, thinking it sells papers. Possibly the worst writer of all time. Glad he’s in Roc...

People actually listen to him on the Radio?

Edited by George C

10 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I spelled his name wrong I think, but this guy has fully morphed into Sully.  Everything negative, pretends like he speaks for all the fans in his articles, acts like this was supposed to be a winning season, you name it, he will criticize it and tell you how bad it is.

His radio spots are unlistenable, honestly this dude is worse than Schopp if that's possible.

So for the 3% of you that miss doom and gloom Sully, there's a new sheriff in town.

Used to come into a store where my friend worked back about 20 years ago.  Kind of a douche back then.

Sals a very good reporter,been doing it a long time.

Its not his job to cheerlead,it’s his job to tell it like he sees it. 

Todays readers are so sensitive. The truth is this team is not very good, the coaching has been terrible and player personnel moves are  suspect.

McClappy is a dinosaur, his thinking is behind the curve. His hires have been mediocre at best. 

Clapping on the sidelines as though he’s coaching a tyro football team isn’t getting the job done.

He needs to hire someone who can work with Allen,someone with experience and a sharp offensive mind or we will be seeing our QB as the next big great game manager.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I like Sal and Leo.  I am in Bridgeport CT, son of a Buffalo native and lifelong Bills fan.  Sal and Leo remind me of NY Post sports writers.  They are negative because they look at the product the Bills have put out for the past 18 years and write critically.  Compare now to the super bowl years and the team is a bunch of pikers.  They say the team has a good coach and some key players and are optimistic for 2019; but for now they are cool on a team that blew a game to the Jets.  As fans we are inclined to wear rose colored glasses; they are not fans, they are journalist.  Just my $0.02.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Sals a very good reporter,been doing it a long time.

Its not his job to cheerlead,it’s his job to tell it like he sees it. 

Todays readers are so sensitive. The truth is this team is not very good, the coaching has been terrible and player personnel moves are  suspect.

McClappy is a dinosaur, his thinking is behind the curve. His hires have been mediocre at best. 

Clapping on the sidelines as though he’s coaching a tyro football team isn’t getting the job done.

He needs to hire someone who can work with Allen,someone with experience and a sharp offensive mind or we will be seeing our QB as the next big great game manager.

Lol hello Sal's mom!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think Sal has kinda soured on Beane and McDermott something that a lot of us are feeling with how they completely gutted this offense and left Josh Allen essentially a one man army 

The losses of Wood and Incognito definitely did not help at all. The lack of wideouts and a veteran backup QB is just completely on them, however. I cannot wait until Clay is gone... he's a waste of roster space.

51 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The losses of Wood and Incognito definitely did not help at all. The lack of wideouts and a veteran backup QB is just completely on them, however. I cannot wait until Clay is gone... he's a waste of roster space.

So sick of hearing about Woods departure as an excuse for McBean. He failed his post season physical on locker clean out day and in the 6 months after the best McBean could do to fill the position was keep Groy and sign Bodine. Given McBean had 6 months to work with, they failed at getting an adequate replacement for Wood and that is 100% on them. They had plenty of time to work with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

For the most part he tells it like it is.  Had an article today that was spot on about this so called number 1 defense.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

This was supposed to be a winning season.

And wait, there's more!  Nate Peterman was supposed to be the starting QB doing the winning while Josh learned from the sidelines, at least for a while, if not the full season.

Isn't Sal the D&C's beat writer?

I don't read the D&C with any regularity, but if that's true, why do they have a beat writer writing opinion pieces?  Say what you want about Sully, but he at least had a clear title as a columnist... Sal should either be a beat writer or a columnist.

1 hour ago, DCBongo said:

I like Sal and Leo.  I am in Bridgeport CT, son of a Buffalo native and lifelong Bills fan.  Sal and Leo remind me of NY Post sports writers.  They are negative because they look at the product the Bills have put out for the past 18 years and write critically.  Compare now to the super bowl years and the team is a bunch of pikers.  They say the team has a good coach and some key players and are optimistic for 2019; but for now they are cool on a team that blew a game to the Jets.  As fans we are inclined to wear rose colored glasses; they are not fans, they are journalist.  Just my $0.02.

Thank you.

The vast majority of folks who participate at this forum do not want to view the team objectively.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Hey I agree there where numerous vet qbs out there  I doubt they thought it would be the debacle that Peterman/Mccarren turn out to be and they spent most of their free agent money and draft picks on D..when your rookie QB has to throw to WRs who are Undrafted Free Agents, low round picks, other teams practice squads, and Zay Jones you screwed up and Sal sees this 

2 hours ago, George C said:

Sal makes Jerry look like Mother Teresa. 

He clearly writes provocative, thinking it sells papers. Possibly the worst writer of all time. Glad he’s in Roc...

People actually listen to him on the Radio?

Reader: "I don't even know what that means..."

Sal: "Nobody knows what it means, but it's provocative!"

Dude in the background: "No its not! It's gross!"

Sal: "It gets the people going!"

1 hour ago, pop gun said:

So sick of hearing about Woods departure as an excuse for McBean. He failed his post season physical on locker clean out day and in the 6 months after the best McBean could do to fill the position was keep Groy and sign Bodine. Given McBean had 6 months to work with, they failed at getting an adequate replacement for Wood and that is 100% on them. They had plenty of time to work with.

Plenty of time not not plenty of money.  We had lots of holes and not enough resources.  What don’t you people understand?  We had LOTS OF HOLES and no chance to fill all of them