We need an in the box safety

boyst

18 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I am confused.  In our nickel package Zo plays on the DLine as an end or DT and rushes passer.  Bills nickel Scheme has Taron Johnson as nickel DB who subs for SAM.  Bush and Neal do as well.  the scheme also brings Poyert or Hyde down in box based on formation of offense.

Don't see this as a need.  Maybe a backup for Milano - low priority.

It's not a high priority need, if it truly is a need at all.

I just don't like the way we fill up the box when we transition to run on a passing down in a package scheme.  Bush and Neal aren't terrible but they're not what I foresee as the best option. It's similar to when Robey was the package back. We could stop the pass every time but if you run at him he'd get steam rolled.

I want Neal and Bush or whomever is there to be more adaptive. They don't seem to be instinctual enough to handle the position. It'd be an easy upgrade if we found the right guy but we have far more needs, as you said.

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Alexander isn't on the field for passing downs.

When the opposition passes, we're in Nickel with Raphael Bush playing a lot of snaps lately. 

He often slides in to pass rush on the line if he is in.

12 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Safety is the least of our problems.  

A #2 CB, depth at LB, more pass rush, Four offensive lineman, 3 Receivers, 2 tight ends, 3 running backs, a franchise QB .... then safety. 

I don’t wanna jinx him but we may have found that #2 in Levi Wallace.  He’s played quite well in his few games