Tonight’s game thread Seahawks Vikings

mead107

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Primarily their defense, which has dropped off dramatically since last year.

But Cousins and the O have played some horrible games.

Any changes on their D personnel wise from last year?

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Minnesota got hosed on the Bobby Wagner blocked FG.  Shoulda been a 15 yd penalty for clearly using leverage.  Another game changing play by the refs.

Vikings must be small market bottom feeding losers like us...

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Any changes on their D personnel wise from last year?

Probably, since that’s the nature of football.  Regardless, it’s apparent they aren’t playing anywhere near the level they were in 2017, when they were a dominant unit.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not a cousins fan. So I’m going to with Keenum is simply better. 

Yes, Denver must be thrilled with how that worked out.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, KD in CA said:

Probably, since that’s the nature of football.  Regardless, it’s apparent they aren’t playing anywhere near the level they were in 2017, when they were a dominant unit.

I find it interesting that a year ago Zimmer was a defensive genius.. now they cant beat anybody...

The "nature of football" is right.. a year is an eternity in this game...

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I find it interesting that a year ago Zimmer was a defensive genius.. now they cant beat anybody...

Yup.  Coaches and QBs will always get too much credit or too much blame.

56 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

I am so glad we don't have anything to do with Cousins. Besides Hainesworth is he the biggest FA bust in history?

I was trying to tell people, the dude doesn't make a difference the way a franchise QB needs to make a difference when he is eating up that much of your cap...I was a very vocal critic of his and I am glad to see that my instincts were proven right.

24 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It just goes to show you in some ways each season is its own self-contained entity...teams get hot or go on streaks and sometimes never recapture it again even with almost all the same key players...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Minnesota got hosed on the Bobby Wagner blocked FG.  Shoulda been a 15 yd penalty for clearly using leverage.  Another game changing play by the refs.

Officials absolutely love to call obvious beneficial home games for the c-hawks.

Look at:  Greenbay vs Seahawks (replacements) & Ryan Carpenter (roughing the kicker/Offside/personal foul by Sherman).

The 12th man saying in Seattle is absolutely true.. it just pertains to the refs. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not a cousins fan. So I’m going to with Keenum is simply better. 

The chemistry thing on teams is a dicey thing to mess with. I think we have all seen teams bring in high-priced talent and flat-out play worse. Heck, that has been the Redskins modus operandi for years...

They did change their OC, but the defensive coaches are the same.

The Vikings (much like our Bills) have a reputation for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Edited by WideNine

7 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

So glad you called him out. Even after seeing screen shots he was still justifying his position LOL

Right. The dude is delusional. That’s the sad part. He says he went back and rewatched it and it was an awful pass. That’s seriously ABSURD. 

7 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

QB A

Completion 61.8% for 3,139 yards 15 TD 10 INTs

QB B

Completion 71.3% for 3,490 yards 23 TD 9 INTs

One of these QBs is clearly better, and it's not Keenum...

QB B is Keenum last year as a Viking? 

Cousins, the stat machine that never fails to come up small in big moments. 4-24 vs winning teams in career. Downgrade for the Vikings. 

9 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

I am so glad we don't have anything to do with Cousins. Besides Hainesworth is he the biggest FA bust in history?

I don't really get this at all, and I don't mean to single you out because a lot of other people have made the same point.

Cousins isn't even the worst QB contract given out in the past couple years much less the biggest FA bust of any position in NFL history. Over the next 3 years, he'll make less money than Matt Stafford, the same amount as Jimmy Garappolo, and roughly $10 mil more than Alex Smith, who might never play football again; 2 of which we know with certainty are worse than Cousins and the other has started 10 games in his entire career.

People have exaggerated the hell out of the fact that Cousins' contract is fully guaranteed. Most QB contracts are effectively fully guaranteed for 3 years too because the way they're structured makes it a nightmare to get out of their contracts before then.

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

QB B is Keenum last year as a Viking? 

Cousins, the stat machine that never fails to come up small in big moments. 4-24 vs winning teams in career. Downgrade for the Vikings. 

Shocking that a guy that has played on bad teams his entire career has a losing record against good teams.

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Primarily their defense, which has dropped off dramatically since last year.

But Cousins and the O have played some horrible games.

Their defense was brutal early in the year but they've locked in recently and are back up to being top 5-10 statistically; basically right up there with how they played last year. The huge difference is that their running game went from one of the top 5-10 in the league to being bottom 5 in the league. The offensive play-calling has also taken a gigantic step back, not to mention last year was probably a bit of a fluke; it was a lot of Keenum just running around throwing up prayers that his WRs bailed him out on.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don't really get this at all, and I don't mean to single you out because a lot of other people have made the same point.

Cousins isn't even the worst QB contract given out in the past couple years much less the biggest FA bust of any position in NFL history. Over the next 3 years, he'll make less money than Matt Stafford, the same amount as Jimmy Garappolo, and roughly $10 mil more than Alex Smith, who might never play football again; 2 of which we know with certainty are worse than Cousins and the other has started 10 games in his entire career.

People have exaggerated the hell out of the fact that Cousins' contract is fully guaranteed. Most QB contracts are effectively fully guaranteed for 3 years too because the way they're structured makes it a nightmare to get out of their contracts before then.

Shocking that a guy that has played on bad teams his entire career has a losing record against good teams.

Their defense was brutal early in the year but they've locked in recently and are back up to being top 5-10 statistically; basically right up there with how they played last year. The huge difference is that their running game went from one of the top 5-10 in the league to being bottom 5 in the league. The offensive play-calling has also taken a gigantic step back, not to mention last year was probably a bit of a fluke; it was a lot of Keenum just running around throwing up prayers that his WRs bailed him out on.

Cousins may well be the centerpiece of the ‘gigantic step back’. Looks like Pricey fools gold.  

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Thank goodness the bills didn't waste money on Kirk Cousins

This was the number 1 concern I had last off-season.

I’ll give the front office the benefit of the doubt that the reason they never were mentioned a suitors is they watch film and value results. 

I have a buddy who is a big Vikings fan and said talk has already started of cutting him in two seasons because his cap drops. I thought it was kind of nuts but after watching last night I get it.

The guy is like Matt Stafford 2.0 great stats but come clutch time he cannot do enough.