Tonight’s game thread Seahawks Vikings

mead107

3 things.

1) Kirk is not a QB that is going to carry a team to a Super Bowl victory.  He needs to be able to lean on the run game.

2) DePhilippo has to get more creative with the play selection.  The Vikings have been very vanilla on offense.

3) Minnesota is lacking in the speed department.  They have very good skill position players, but no one that takes the top off of a defense, per se.

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

3 things.

1) Kirk is not a QB that is going to carry a team to a Super Bowl victory.  He needs to be able to lean on the run game.

2) DePhilippo has to get more creative with the play selection.  The Vikings have been very vanilla on offense.

3) Minnesota is lacking in the speed department.  They have very good skill position players, but no one that takes the top off of a defense, per se.

Option 2 is off the table. At least the DePhilippo aspect.

26 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

good call. Those two are so irrelevant I had forgotten all about them.

Yeah I mean this dude can at least put up numbers haha I mean there are so many worse free agent signings. He was high priced and all but he's not even in Haynesworth's ballpark.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 7:29 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

After the Redskins having two QB’s break their leg, it turns out the biggest break the franchise received was seeing Cousins walk.

How do you figure. They suck. primarily at the Quarterback position.

The OP is about Cousins a bit below Case Keenum's performance last year. If any Quarterback can consistently put up those numbers every year that's HOF first ballot. Not a fair bar. Keenum or Cousin's stats would have them winning the division.. even Alex Smith had them winning it.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:35 PM, YoloinOhio said:

December football 

Shocker.. like this offense only narrative doesn't happen every first half of season and all the offense only teams get exposed December through playoffs.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

6 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

How do you figure. They suck. primarily at the Quarterback position.

The OP is about Cousins a bit below Case Keenum's performance last year. If any Quarterback can consistently put up those numbers every year that's HOF first ballot. Not a fair bar. Keenum or Cousin's stats would have them winning the division.. even Alex Smith had them winning it.

Shocker.. like this offense only narrative doesn't happen every first half of season and all the offense only teams get exposed December through playoffs.

How do I figure?

I figure because Cousins sucks and any team paying that schmuck almost 30 million a year is clown shoes.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

On 12/10/2018 at 10:48 PM, PolishPrince said:

Same thing I keep seeing people say about Allen passes where he barely misses a throw and someone goes "well across the field he had an even easier throw he just didnt see it." I watched Cousins throw to his backup tight end (this was right after the same guy had a Zay Joneseque drop) and he is stopped one yard short of first down... well Rudolph was MORE open and had enough for First down, but Cousins going through his progressions had a play with a faster read (even though someone was MORE open elsewhere).

The fact is sadly is because Allen was made to sound super inaccurate and cant make reads coming out of college, people are going to over react to every little slightly off throw or "not the best" read. Its kind of driving me nuts tbh, i've disliked most of Bills since Bledsoe, but Allen has shown a crap ton of potential and to me as thrown MANY MORE fantastic "dime throws" than he has missed easy ones. Throws we havent seen since Bledsoe

SO much truth here. Dude, awesome post

On 12/10/2018 at 9:58 PM, Aussie Joe said:

How can the Vikings actually be much worse this year with Cousins over Keenum last year?

Just think of their fans 4 months ago dreaming about a championship...

1) OL injuries - Cousins not getting as much time as Keenum did

2) different OC and offensive scheme - given the firing, Vikes are fingering this as the explanation

3) Defense not nearly as good - #1 last year, #11 this year.  Not sure what made the difference there.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:12 AM, corta765 said:

I have a buddy who is a big Vikings fan and said talk has already started of cutting him in two seasons because his cap drops. I thought it was kind of nuts but after watching last night I get it.

The guy is like Matt Stafford 2.0 great stats but come clutch time he cannot do enough.

Try putting an OL in front of him.  Seriously.  He may do enough, he may not do enough, but as Bradshaw once said "it's hard to throw completions if you're sitting on your ass"

6 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How do I figure?

I figure because Cousins sucks and any team paying that schmuck almost 30 million a year is clown shoes.

Overpaid yeah but Redskins make playoffs with Cousins no doubt. They're a much better team than I thought outside of QB.