Updated 2019 NFL draft order after Week 14: Bills draft 6th!!

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With a first round projection I don't see him staying. The economics of the draft with his first round grade make it difficult to stay in school. The financial consideration isn't only about the first contract. It is just as much about getting to the richer second contract sooner assuming the player develops as projected. 

Just now, JohnC said:

With a first round projection I don't see him staying. The economics of the draft with his first round grade make it difficult to stay in school. The financial consideration isn't only about the first contract. It is just as much about getting to the richer second contract sooner assuming the player develops as projected. 

Of course he’s not staying!

On 12/17/2018 at 12:23 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Cardale was a different player. He was a 7th round pick for a reason. He had huge upside but plenty of flaws. He didn’t have the touch or production of Haskins. He’s going to end up being the 1st QB off the board IMO. Gil Brandt was talking about how much the scouting community loves him last week. Haskins is squeaky clean as a prospect. He just doesn’t have a lot of starts under his belt. 

...huge upside?....seriously?.....and where has that led him?.....besides he was a 4th round pick.............

On 12/11/2018 at 6:40 PM, John from Riverside said:

Yeah I did not realize till the other day that Clay was only going to cost 4.5 million

I would keep him as the number 2 and get a number 1

Clay at this point might not even be worth a roster spot.  60 catches last year seems like decade ago and those knees wont get any better

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...huge upside?....seriously?.....and where has that led him?.....besides he was a 4th round pick.............

Yeah, that’s right. He was a 4th. He had MASSIVE upside. There is no doubt about that. He also had an incredibly low floor. He was either going to be a Pro Bowl QB or never see the field. He was huge, with a big arm, and a lot of athleticism. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, that’s right. He was a 4th. He had MASSIVE upside. There is no doubt about that. He also had an incredibly low floor. He was either going to be a Pro Bowl QB or never see the field. He was huge, with a big arm, and a lot of athleticism. 

....maybe I'm prejudiced by OSU never turning out QB's......Schlichter was a helluva....gambler......Smith never amounted to much....plenty of hype about their 2018 stable as well.......

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....maybe I'm prejudiced by OSU never turning out QB's......Schlichter was a helluva....gambler......Smith never amounted to much....plenty of hype about their 2018 stable as well.......

All different guys though. Old Art had his demons. Smith was never going to be a pro. Barrett was the same. Cardale was super raw and all or nothing. Haskins is a 1st round pick. He reminds me of Matt Ryan. We will see how it turns out.

• Like (+1) 1

so it looks like the worst they'll do is pick 10th if they beat Miami and everyone else continues to lose and they may get the 5th spot with a loss to Miami and wins by Lions, Bucs and Giants..that SOS doesn't look like it in itself will change their draft position...yes/no?

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m not saying we should lose to Miami, but I don’t think it’s wise to win.  

I was all aboard trying to beat NE, but there’s a big difference between 5/6 and 11/12. 

That useless December win against the Lions will likely cost us getting Jonah Williams. And it's not like we need O-Line help  desperately or anything. Of course losing to Miami is better for the Bills, than garnering another useless December victory. I have been a diehard fan of the Bills for almost 30 years, but the Bills going 0-16 wouldn't have been a bad thing for the longhaul. Rooting for them to win these games is incredibly shortsighted.