Updated 2019 NFL draft order after Week 14: Bills draft 6th!!

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I like Jonah (OT) and Metcalf (WR) both of which I have seen fall into the middle of the draft.....I dont consider them to be that far in drop of Tier

Jonah to LT, Dawkins to LG, Free Agent C, Teller to RG, Free agent RT

Protect the investment

I don’t think that they are in the same tier as guys like Bosa & Quinnen Williams. I have a bunch of defensive players ahead of any offensive players. In a draft like this it has the reverse effect too. If it is thin at a position guys naturally get overdrafted. If it is deep at a position guys get underdrafted. I’m a BIG believer in drafting to the strength of the draft for that reason. You get better football players. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that they are in the same tier as guys like Bosa & Quinnen Williams. I have a bunch of defensive players ahead of any offensive players. In a draft like this it has the reverse effect too. If it is thin at a position guys naturally get overdrafted. If it is deep at a position guys get underdrafted. I’m a BIG believer in drafting to the strength of the draft for that reason. You get better football players. 

We can do both at the same time.....we did it in the Tre White draft

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

There were a number of trade ups in the first last year for non QB’s including a trade up the Bills made..

I would expect QB needy  teams to be looking to move up to where the Bills are likely to be picking around 10 or better..

For whom? Haskins I presume? I think Herbert will be gone by the time we pick. If he stays in school then maybe Haskins goes in that spot. I don’t see many (or any) other QBs that are going to go near the top 10.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

We can do both at the same time.....we did it in the Tre White draft

Because someone wanted to come up for a QB. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

For whom? Haskins I presume? I think Herbert will be gone by the time we pick. If he stays in school then maybe Haskins goes in that spot. I don’t see many (or any) other QBs that are going to go near the top 10.

Because someone wanted to come up for a QB. 

Or perhaps someone wants one of the top D talent?

I mean...this is all speculation right now......at the end of the day I want to come out of the draft with a pocket for Josh Allen, running lanes for our RB's, and WR's that can actually get separation consistantly and make a catch.

As long  as those things happen?   I dont care what the name is on the back of the jersey.

16 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I wonder who the first team to draft a QB is going to be?

I just looked at that yesterday and how the Bills could be affected by draft position and a needy QB team.

Let's say the Bills draft 6.  Lets also say the top 5 teams are SF, ARZ, OAK, ATL, and NYJ.

Of all those teams the only team who might draft a QB that high would be OAK.

Gruden could take a QB with one of his other 1st's (Chicago and Dallas).

Now the teams just below BUF are JAX, TB and NYG, all who may draft QBs.

After DET, CIN is next and has no Dead cap left on Daltons contract for 2019.

Someone could trade up to #6 to get Herbert.

I was just having fun thinking about it.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Yeah, tell that to the kids crying after that blowout loss to the Bears.  Watching the after video of fans who were completely demoralized and expected at least something.  No fight to the mat fish McDermott whatsoever.  So, now it comes down to team cohesiveness and the team gelling together which takes a year or two tops for even the most experienced Coaches and even the most talented.  So did you smile as Peterman threw all those picks in blowout losses?  You don’t exactly strike me as a fan just something to business to you.  

Do any of your posts actually ever make sense....or is it just throwing monkey dew at the wall and seeing what sticks

• Haha (+1) 1

If it stayed this way, I would call the Jags and tell them I have an offer from the Giants for a QB LOL.  You can move up 1 spot and give me your 3rd.  Then I would call the Giants and tell them that the Jags called me to try to make sure they secure the #6 pick because they are afraid of you guys jumping in front.  What do you want to do?  They are offering their 3rd.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

If it stayed this way, I would call the Jags and tell them I have an offer from the Giants for a QB LOL.  You can move up 1 spot and give me your 3rd.  Then I would call the Giants and tell them that the Jags called me to try to make sure they secure the #6 pick because they are afraid of you guys jumping in front.  What do you want to do?  They are offering their 3rd.

That's what I'm saying could happen.

Bills moving down a few picks would be great.

18 hours ago, cle23 said:

Build a winning tradition.........by losing?

You seem to overlook the fact that we've already done quite a bit of it this year.

Why stop now?

If Justin Herbert comes out in the draft, teams are going to be looking to offer sweet packages to move up.  If we have the right, really high draft slot, we can be in a position maybe to trade down with such a team and have a huge draft.

Of course, I'd rather we just draft Justin Herbert!  But that's not going to happen.

We potentially have a lot to gain by losing out, especially if we can get lucky and have those 3 win teams win some more.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Or perhaps someone wants one of the top D talent?

I mean...this is all speculation right now......at the end of the day I want to come out of the draft with a pocket for Josh Allen, running lanes for our RB's, and WR's that can actually get separation consistantly and make a catch.

As long  as those things happen?   I dont care what the name is on the back of the jersey.

That’s why I said there needs to be a tier break. No one is going to scrafice 2nd round picks to get Oliver when they can stay put and get Wilkins (or whatever). It’s not really speculation it’s reasoned thought based on the current state of the draft board (which is close to set). 

I agree with the rest. The Bills desperately need offense. They need 3 OL, 2 TEs, 2 WRs and a RB at minimum. I don’t care where they get these guys but they need them.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why I said there needs to be a tier break. No one is going to scrafice 2nd round picks to get Oliver when they can stay put and get Wilkins (or whatever). It’s not really speculation it’s reasoned thought based on the current state of the draft board (which is close to set). 

I agree with the rest. The Bills desperately need offense. They need 3 OL, 2 TEs, 2 WRs and a RB at minimum. I don’t care where they get these guys but they need them.

I agree with your post with the exception of needing 2 TEs.  I know we save $4.5 million by cutting Clay, but we don't have cap issues and $4.5 million for a TE isn't that bad.  Keep Clay, and we don't have $4.5 million in dead cap.  Croom is decent.  For sure I would like to add a TE.  I just don't think we need 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I agree with your post with the exception of needing 2 TEs.  I know we save $4.5 million by cutting Clay, but we don't have cap issues and $4.5 million for a TE isn't that bad.  Keep Clay, and we don't have $4.5 million in dead cap.  Croom is decent.  For sure I would like to add a TE.  I just don't think we need 2

Yeah I did not realize till the other day that Clay was only going to cost 4.5 million

I would keep him as the number 2 and get a number 1

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yeah, it’s kind of an “eye of the beholder” thing. I wouldn’t keep any of the current TEs so 2 was my conservative number. Clay OR Croom probably stays. I doubt that they are both back. Thomas is almost certainly gone IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He’s still a 9 million cap hit.  Same with McCoy.  Keeping players that clearly aren’t worth the value just because you have the cap room is bad business.  Let them both go

22 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Going 8-8 after a 9-7 playoff appearance was more acceptable then going 4-9 and watching home ticket prices drop to $5-$6 bucks.  It looks like Baltimore not drafting in the money rounds actually got them a pretty good mobile Quarterback who can also pass.  While in tanking mode McDermott started Nate Peterman pretty much indefensible.  And, yet Baltimore looks playoff bound with real Coaching f and management and we look like McClappy was a limp little mat fish.  We have management just not a Coach who’s ever worth a damn.  

Coach isn't worth a damn but he took a bad roster last year to the playoffs.  We get it, the season hasn't been a step up record wise from last year.  BREAKING NEWS ALERT: The Buffalo Bills season was all about developing the young players at the right pace for each player.  Record was never a focus.  This year was about finding the Robert Foster's of this team and seeing how they can build onto the youth of this team moving forward.  Losses come with an inexperienced team.  It happens.  Many mistakes are made.  The players are learning from them and watching tape trying to make their improvements show on the field.  That's what this year has always been about.  Nate Peterman had a handful of games started and some were because of an injury to other guys.  The team drafted him and gave him a few chances before throwing him to the curb.  I'm glad they at least gave him a shot.  Did he blow it, absolutely! But you have to give the guy a couple chances.  We have lost too long and haven't had the QB play in way too long to not have taken a couple looks at the guy.  Sue him for giving the guy he was there for when they drafted couple games.  This whole thing has been about playing the young guys and seeing what they have.  Last thing we need is another head coaching change.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually its not

Going 8 and 8 and drafting out of the top 10 is Mediocrity

This is rebiulding......and drafting in the money rounds

Picking the wrong guy wherever you draft is what leads to mediocrity. Draft the right player for your team and improve.

This is McBeane's most important draft and possibly last if they dont blow it out of the water.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's what I'm saying could happen.

Bills moving down a few picks would be great.

One thing I forgot, I'd call the Bucs too and let them know that the Giants and the Jags have called me and ask them what they want to do.  The thing is, moving to the spot these teams occupy would not be a big move.  Jonah Williams, Josh Allen could both still be in play. 

• Like (+1) 1