Jets "playing to the whistle" cost Bills the game

hmsmystic

I'll stop a bit short of saying the Jets were dirty-- but only a bit

They late hit Josh Allen numerous times, including a little twist of his leg early in the game.  He was hobbling a bit and I think getting banged about cheaply did not help his accuracy woes.  I don't know how many times he had to pick himself up off the ground after plays

Our kicker got flat out cheap shotted- that cost some points (although our special teams got whipped anyway)

Shady got banged up and the Jets basically assaulted Ivory.  Several hits occurred well out of bounds.

If the refs were going to call the game lightly, we needed to respond differently-- the physical tone the Jets set finished the team in the end

Edited by hmsmystic
  • Like (+1) 2

One of the things I like about Allen is his apparent cockiness, but you combine that with a big quarterback running around the way he does and I think we're gonna see alot of cheap shots going forward.

Probably gonna have to retaliate at some point if it gets worse.

The Jets were way physical. No doubt they were the team that was embarrassed last time and wanted to avenge it.  I guess Dion Dawkins was the only cheap-shot artist on the field according to NY.  

I was pissed that Edmunds played two hand touch instead of smacking Darnold after his TD pass on the crazy scramble.  At no point did the Bills match the Jets physicality.  Trash talking doesn't count.

I think it's obvious they were cheap shotting the Bills all the way through the game.  I do think in a game like that, Buffalo needs to become more physical.  Personally, I don't think Josh Allen is THAT cocky.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I was pissed that Edmunds played two hand touch instead of smacking Darnold after his TD pass on the crazy scramble. 

He probably didn't know the pass was complete at that moment. If it's incomplete and he smacks Darnold, it gives them an automatic first down.

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think it's obvious they were cheap shotting the Bills all the way through the game.  I do think in a game like that, Buffalo needs to become more physical.  Personally, I don't think Josh Allen is THAT cocky.  

Im not a guy whose big on retaliation/ bounties on players.  However whether not retaliating for Gronks hit last year and not retaliating yesterday makes me think the team needs to toughen up in that regard 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The refs continue to give Josh the Cam Newton treatment, which is complete bullcrap. Because he is big he's supposed to be tough and anyone can rough him whenever. It's been a problem for years for Cam and it will be for Josh as well. 

Yup.  And just like with Cam,....if the opposing defense roughs up Josh Allen 5 times and gets flagged 2 times for it, that’s a win for the defense.  Allen still feels the pain for those unflagged cheap shots.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly I didn't see any bad cheap shots on Allen. Jets were more physical. The one roughing penalty on L. Williams was a joke. We would be screaming if that had been on the Bills DL. Bills have been soft on defense for most of the franchise's existent outside of perhaps the Takeo Spikes led defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Honestly I didn't see any bad cheap shots on Allen. Jets were more physical. The one roughing penalty on L. Williams was a joke. We would be screaming if that had been on the Bills DL. Bills have been soft on defense for most of the franchise's existent outside of perhaps the Takeo Spikes led defense. 

Funny enough the guy I miss the most was London Fletcher

We were up a field goal with a few minutes left in the game and needed our defense to stop Sam Darnold on the final drive.  We didn't and they won.  On the bright side we get a higher draft pick in what was a meaningless game.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:05 AM, Dadonkadonk said:

There were plenty, you must have just missed them. I've not re-watched it, but if I do, I'll try and do a count of how many. There also seemed to be a fair few helmet to helmet hits that the zebras let go - not so much on Allen, although I'm pretty sure there was at least one, that even the commentators mentioned as a should have been flagged.