Bflo is the lead in an article highlighting poor attendance

boater

Prominent website leads with Buffalo in article highlighting poor attendance numbers. https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/12/09/weak-14-empty-seats-outnumber-fans-many-nfl-stadiums/

Lolz.. in Buffalo at least, I suggest poor attendance is solely related to a poor football record. But maybe I'm wrong.

Is fan anger at spoiled millionaires a still a thing? Does racial strife suppress attendance? Or is it in Buffalo: because the Bills are well out of contention.

I always thought the opposite. The Bills have a great attendance record for the lousy product they put on the field. My only explanation for this is that Buffalo is such a boring/rundown place that it’s the only thing to do. I mean for serious. There were more cows than people where I lived in WNY when I was a kid. Boring, desolate place. I figured the reason people attend is that it’s either attend the Bills game or watch the cows. 

20 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I always thought the opposite. The Bills have a great attendance record for the lousy product they put on the field. My only explanation for this is that Buffalo is such a boring/rundown place that it’s the only thing to do. I mean for serious. There were more cows than people where I lived in WNY when I was a kid. Boring, desolate place. I figured the reason people attend is that it’s either attend the Bills game or watch the cows. 

I beg to differ.  The Buffalo area IMO was/is a great place to grow up and live.  Weather and job opportunities are a bit weak but otherwise I think it's a terrific place.  Good education in the area, 2 pro sports teams, decent entertainment, a lot of outdoor activities with water and rural and touristy areas within a reasonable drive.  A lot of good people and the cost of living is lower than a lot of other areas.  Had a blast growing up there and living there as a young adult.

Edit: and you can get around without being trapped in horrible traffic

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Thank you (+1) 1