Raiders Fire GM Reggie McKenzie

26CornerBlitz

Grudens ego is going to do 1 of 2 things either make him look like the smartest guy that ever coached in the NFL or make him look like the biggest jack ass that ever coached in the NFL .

Out side of Chip Kelly dismantling the Eagles this is one of the epic team destroying moves i've ever witnessed ! Gruen is IMHO a fool especially getting rid of the caliper of player like Mack he is a once in a generation type player !! 

Oh man, did anyone else catch Gruden’s press conference addressing the firing? 

Its almost a Doug Whaley “I didn’t know Rex was going to be fired” level of denial and BS... lol

“This was all somewhat surprising. There had been a lot of speculation, a lot of rumor coming out of here since early in the season. You don’t know what’s real, what’s smoke, what’s fire. You really don’t.”.

He goes on to say that he didn’t know McKenzie was going to be fired. He said he went home after Sunday’s game, and then heard there was a meeting and McKenzie was let go. 

Then went on to say say that he didn’t know if he’d have any input on who will replace McKenzie. 

Found this line funny, too. Asked if re-signing Jared Cook is a priority -

“Hopefully, it’s a high priority. Whoever the general manager is, we’ll show him some tape of Jared Cook. … Hopefully, we get him back.”

10 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....wish I could remember the exact time line, but I think it was after Mularkey resigned in 2005.....Cowher's wife passed away in 2010.........I don't think (probably wrong) she had been diagnosed with terminal skin cancer in 2005...I believe Cowher did recommend Chan Gailey.........

The $10M/year rumors came out after Jauron got fired (his tenure from 06-mid 09) when Mike Shanahan was also available. Cowher did definitely recommend Gailey when we reached out to him.

14 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

The $10M/year rumors came out after Jauron got fired (his tenure from 06-mid 09) when Mike Shanahan was also available. Cowher did definitely recommend Gailey when we reached out to him.

...a close friend truthfully saw the "back & forth texts" between Brandon and Cowher on Brandon's phone...that is how I knew of the 10 mil number and Bill's late wife saying "no thanks" to living in Bflo......Shanascam declined because he wanted total control, which Ralph would never agree to after he handed the keys to the control freak "El Presidente Donohole".....that debacle collapsed RW's "Inner Circle of Trust" which is why he summoned Marv and promoted Brandon, guys he trusted, a dark and costly chapter in OBD lore.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1