Raiders Fire GM Reggie McKenzie

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, rochester rob said:

Gruden is really going to run that team into the ground.

That Reggie McKenzie built team was 6-10 (from a fluke year of 12-4) before Gruden got there, so....it was headed there anyway.

Bills are a 4 win team after the HC and GM "blew up" the roster, and everyone cheers this "process".  Gruden's Raiders are a 3 win team after he blew up the roster and "he's running that team into the ground---and he doesn't have his Josh Allen yet.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not just there. Here too.

Especially Cowher. THAT was absurd.

...ironically, Ralph went into desperation mode and offered Cowher $10 mil/yr who was texting back and forth about it with Brandon......Cowher's late wife wanted no part of living in Buffalo.....if he wanted to coach again, he could have had the Panthers' job right in his NC back yard when Fox was fired............

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Crazy how quickly a situation can change.

Oakland had some of the best young talent in the NFL within the last few years. That team was ready to become a contender.

Whatever the Two Bills Drive of Raiders Nation is, it must be a real pleasure!  And we think WE have it bad...

Mack is someone you can build a defense around for the next 5-7 years.(that's a pretty big window in the NFL, Pats aside). What I've seen from Cooper is someone besides a qb you can build upon. I'd take the known in a heartbeat. But somehow Gruden didn't see Mack as a dominating presence. Thinking he whiffed on the Copper deal too. WTH was he watching in the booth? Oh, right. Banana spider blah blah blah.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That Reggie McKenzie built team was 6-10 (from a fluke year of 12-4) before Gruden got there, so....it was headed there anyway.

Bills are a 4 win team after the HC and GM "blew up" the roster, and everyone cheers this "process".  Gruden's Raiders are a 3 win team after he blew up the roster and "he's running that team into the ground---and he doesn't have his Josh Allen yet.

Why do you say that McKenzie's 12-4 season was a fluke year? What you are essentially saying is that when you have a bad season you own it and when you have good season you can't claim it as a success.

The difference between the Raiders' situation and our situation is that they have an experienced qb and we are playing a rookie qb. It seems that both Gruden and McDermott have made a decision to rebuild. In my opinion we are more advanced in the process. I would definitely prefer our situation to their situation. 

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been reported that Gruden had built his own private scout network so this isn't exactly a big surprise

The previous scouting network was....Reggie's brother.

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why do you say that McKenzie's 12-4 season was a fluke year? What you are essentially saying is that when you have a bad season you own it and when you have good season you can't claim it as a success.

The difference between the Raiders' situation and our situation is that they have an experienced qb and we are playing a rookie qb. It seems that both Gruden and McDermott have made a decision to rebuild. In my opinion we are more advanced in the process. I would definitely prefer our situation to their situation. 

Because his previous seasons as GM were 4-12, 4-12, 3-13 and 7-9.  And after going 12-4, they went 6-10 (with Cooper, Carr and Mack) last season.  The obvious outlier is the 12-4 season.

I would prefer Allen to Carr as well--Carr sucks.  Gruen will draft HIS QB in April, just like McD drafted his QB this year.

Edited by Mr. WEO

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The previous scouting network was....Reggie's brother.

Because his previous seasons as GM were 4-12, 4-12, 3-13 and 7-9.  And after going 12-4, they went 6-10 (with Cooper, Carr and Mack) last season.  The obvious outlier is the 1-4 season.

I would prefer Allen to Carr as well--Carr sucks.  Gruen will draft HIS QB in April, just like McD drafted his QB this year.

Usually,  rebuilding teams are not going to have good records. That's inherent in the rebuild. My complaint with your analysis is that it doesn't account for the circumstances. 

McDermott  without question made a decision to do a major rebuild when he was hired. So for me the issue isn't so much the early accumulated record as it is how the rebuild is progressing. As it stands I'm satisfied with what is going on in Buffalo and not so sure about what is going on in Oakland with the TV personality coach. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Usually,  rebuilding teams are not going to have good records. That's inherent in the rebuild. My complaint with your analysis is that it doesn't account for the circumstances. 

McDermott  without question made a decision to do a major rebuild when he was hired. So for me the issue isn't so much the early accumulated record as it is how the rebuild is progressing. As it stands I'm satisfied with what is going on in Buffalo and not so sure about what is going on in Oakland with the TV personality coach. 

It's was a 7 year "rebuild", resulting in 1 winning season.  The Raiders were 8-8 in the 2 years before McKenzie's rebuid--with less talent.

What circumstances make that a good record as a GM? 

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Where are you getting that the Bills "blew up the roster"?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

????? 

Really.

Yes, really.  What did they "blow up"?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Right here on TSW.

You must have missed it somehow.

Must have been a forgettable conversation then.