Raiders Fire GM Reggie McKenzie

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

There were people here that wanted to hire Chucky before hiring McClappy .... Sorry, I'd take McClappy any day over Chucky.... Hellz, I'd take Marrone over Chucky.

From what I'm reading some may get that chance soon as Coughlin might be taking over in Jacksonville.

12 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

There were people here that wanted to hire Chucky before hiring McClappy .... Sorry, I'd take McClappy any day over Chucky.... Hellz, I'd take Marrone over Chucky.

Hell, there were people on the BBMB who wanted to give Cowher, Gruden, and/or Shanahan outrageous salaries and an ownership stake in the Bills to get them to come to Buffalo.

Edited by Koko78

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

From what I'm reading some may get that chance soon as Coughlin might be taking over in Jacksonville.

The Jests are Marrones destination of choice.

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Hell, there were people on the BBMB who wanted to give Cowher, Gruden, and/or Shanahan outrageous salaries and an ownership stake in the Bills to get them to come to Buffalo.

There's a reason most of these guys are in the booth and not leaving their cushy jobs ... Then there's Gruden.

After watching Cooper and Mack last night, I think they fired the wrong guy. I remember reading how Gruden was surprised Mack is as dominating as he is after trading him. WOW. That's like Trump campaigning that "only he" could fix healthcare, only to be quoted after elected saying " I didn't know healthcare was so complicated. Who knew it was that complicated?".

What a dumb behind.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Not just there. Here too.

Especially Cowher. THAT was absurd.

• Like (+1) 1

Eh, I support the decision. He hit on Carr, Mack, and Cooper, but the rest of his draft picks (early and late) were major whiffs - DJ Hayden, Mario Edwards, Menelik Watson, and a few other guys I'm not too familiar with are some of his 1st and 2nd round picks. The Dennis Allen and Jack Del Rio hirings were bad, too. Mack and Cooper on this Raiders team would definitely give the team a couple more wins, but not many, so they were better off trading them. They definitely need to hit on these picks, but a the very least they have lots of them to use and Gruden will get a front office that pulls the rope in the same direction as him. 

That said, I definitely expect the media and general fanbases to say how he got shafted, but I don't see it.