Raiders Fire GM Reggie McKenzie

26CornerBlitz

Shocked!

Raiders Fire General Manager Reggie McKenzie

The Oakland Raiders have fired general manager Reggie McKenzie, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported.

McKenzie, who played for the Raiders and has been their GM since 2012, was given the option to remain with the team through the end of the season but is not expected to do so, Rapoport reported.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

ANALYSIS
0ap3000000998500.jpg&f=jpg&w=1280&c=80

What led the Raiders to fire their general manager, especially after a surprise upset win over the Steelers? Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero of NFL Media share their insights here.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

yea...I'm reading that and trying to figure out if he's saying that McKenzie was fired or if McKenzie is telling his scouts " hey Ian says I'm fired so I guess that's it." ..lol

I'm gonna assume it says he's been fired...most likely Chucky wanted all the power

Edited by Tsaikotic

Raiders Fire General Manager Reggie McKenzie

The Oakland Raiders have fired general manager Reggie McKenzie, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported.

McKenzie, who played for the Raiders and has been their GM since 2012, was given the option to remain with the team through the end of the season but is not expected to do so, Rapoport reported.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Raiders Fire GM Reggie McKenzie

I actually thought this guy was a good GM. He had a good Raiders team one year.

Drafted arguably the best defensive player in the league, even if he was shipped to Chicago. 

Oh well, they are in FULL rebuild mode now, more-so than the Bills I’d say. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Please Bills hire him. Please. Please.

for what??

the sad thing is McKenzie actually put some talent on that team and then Chucky came and is trying to destroy it all...Chucky is going to be the next Kelly

2 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

for what??

the sad thing is McKenzie actually put some talent on that team and then Chucky came and is trying to destroy it all...Chucky is going to be the next Kelly

Maybe look at him for Assistant GM or Pro Personnel Director.    He did compile some good talent.  Their QB got hurt and that put them back for a year.  I don't understand why they dismantled everything?

Edited by Bob in STL

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Maybe look at him for Assistant GM or Pro Personnel Director.    He did complie some good talent.  Their QB got hurt and that put them back for a year.  I don't understand why they dismantled everything?

He could take the place of Brian Gaine who did some good work in that spot.

Big Reg honestly got screwed when they hired Gruden.  He probably should have asked Oakland to fire him because he essentially was neutered 

• Like (+1) 2

That Raiders situation is really sad.  McKenzie  has worked his but off to build a very talented team and get to the playoffs.   I believe in 2016 they made the playoffs with a 12-4 record.  Chuck comes in and dismantles the team.   Then McKenzie gets fired.  Gruden may have a plan, but it does not seem like it.  The next big move will be for Gruden to bring in a host of quarterback candidates and replace Derek Carr.  It is going to be a long 10 years with that ridiculous contract.

I also feel bad for the Raiders fans.  Mark Davis promised the fan base that he would do all he could to win another Super Bowl before they moved to Las Vegas.  I have never been a Raiders fan but this has to be tough for the Raiders Nation.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1