Has a WR made a great catch this season????

Billsfan1972

A better question for this thread would have been:

"has any Buffalo WR, TE or RB made a catch worthy of showing over & over again on ESPN"?

The answer is ONE and that was the DeMarco garb of a poorly thrown Allen pass on a wheel rout.  I do not recall a single other catch by a receiver that wasn't a better pass by Allen then catch by the receiver.  

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep he made an adjustment and made the catch, which is expected when the DB didn't see the pass.  AB make that catch every single week.  

Bills are so beaten down that as another poster stated that just catching the ball one goes "wow"

That Foster catch was so routine. Any WR worth his salt should make that without us freaking out about how glorious it is he caught it.

It's called being aggressive to the ball.. EVERY WR should grab the ball when the DB isn't paying attention.

14 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That Foster catch was so routine. Any WR worth his salt should make that without us freaking out about how glorious it is he caught it.

It's called being aggressive to the ball.. EVERY WR should grab the ball when the DB isn't paying attention.

Um, who said it was glorious?

It was a great catch on a 50/50 ball.  Should WRs make great catches routinely? Yeah, probably.

If your characterization of that catch is "DB isn't paying attention", well, you need to watch it again.  He simply plays the ball better than Claiborne, who had indeed turned on the ball.

Honestly I have no idea why anyone would feel the need to marginalize that play.

1 hour ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

Had Josh Allen caught that Philly special play yesterday it would have been the best catch by a buffalo bill all year.

Just let that sit in for a bit

Sad but true!

Josh really did look quite athletic going for it too

Edited by Jerome007

23 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I don't really care about GREAT catches. 

I am more concerned about the constant DROPS.

Forget making the highlight play.  Just make the easy ones, and this team improves by leaps and bounds.

I'm concerned about BOTH types of catches.  Imagine game outcomes and Allen's passing stats if both of these things were true:

*  fewer drops and,

*  1 or 2 highlight reel catches a game.

Add those things up and what do you have:  wins against the Jets & Dolphins and another 75 - 100 yards added to Allen's passing stats.  

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Man.....  people want everything and NOW.     Not every ball is caught.   Not every ball can be a "great catch".  If great catches were the norm 

They wouldn't be "great" 

I think what he is getting at, and I agree with it, is that QBs around the league look great sometimes because they have great receivers bailing them out.  They make circus catches.  Ours don't.  They can barely make a regular catch half the time.  Zay has been better this season though.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm concerned about BOTH types of catches.  Imagine game outcomes and Allen's passing stats if both of these things were true:

*  fewer drops and,

*  1 or 2 highlight reel catches a game.

Add those things up and what do you have:  wins against the Jets & Dolphins and another 75 - 100 yards added to Allen's passing stats.  

I'm not sure if our receivers make the difference yesterday. 

But I certainly believe Clay should have caught the pass in Miami, which would have been a win.

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I'm not sure if our receivers make the difference yesterday. 

But I certainly believe Clay should have caught the pass in Miami, which would have been a win.

I believe the Jones drop put us in a 3rd and long instead of a 3rd and short and that we failed to convert and had to punt.

But the biggest drop for the 2nd week in a row was one by Clay.  On 2nd & 7 he drops a nice throw that hit him in stride on a play that looks like it might have gone for 30 yards or more.  So instead of 3rd & 7 we would have been deep in Jet's territory.  On the next play Allen try's to run and is stripped of the ball which the Jet's recover and convert into a FG.  So instead of going up 10 or 14 - 0 in the first quarter it's 7 - 3.  That drop WAS a big play given how the game turned out. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Um, who said it was glorious?

It was a great catch on a 50/50 ball.  Should WRs make great catches routinely? Yeah, probably.

If your characterization of that catch is "DB isn't paying attention", well, you need to watch it again.  He simply plays the ball better than Claiborne, who had indeed turned on the ball.

Honestly I have no idea why anyone would feel the need to marginalize that play.

I exaggerated our feelings on the play.

It's a solid play. The whole point I and I think the guy I replied to was making was this should happen every game such that it's a blip in our memory. We can say "oh yeah.. which Foster grab are you talking about?" Instead we're talking about THE Foster catch of the year.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I exaggerated our feelings on the play.

It's a solid play. The whole point I and I think the guy I replied to was making was this should happen every game such that it's a blip in our memory. We can say "oh yeah.. which Foster grab are you talking about?" Instead we're talking about THE Foster catch of the year.

Can't argue with any of that 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is what I'd classify as a great catch.  Haven't seen one like it from the Bills' receiving corps this season. 

Juju and AB do it weekly for Big Ben. Gronk has done it for years for Brady. Evans in TB. Countless no names all year long. 

Meanwhile in buffalo if it’s not in stride and in their hands it’s an awful pass. 

• Thank you (+1) 1