Has a WR made a great catch this season????

Billsfan1972

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Man.....  people want everything and NOW.     Not every ball is caught.   Not every ball can be a "great catch".  If great catches were the norm 

They wouldn't be "great" 

No I want a great catch and 13 games into the season, haven't seen one......

Robert Foster's deep ball catch against Jets first game was not impressive haha. It just shows how far removed we are from seeing a good receiver play. An under thrown deep ball where no corners adjust and he jumped only to catch it in his bread basket.. didn't exactly track back and high point it super aggressively with his hands as he would have had to have done if the corners had not been so incompetent.

Remember how enamored we were with Deonte's deep catch in the snow from Joe Webb? That was the most routine go route and catch any given WR should be able to do.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Nope. I've posted on this before. Watch any NFL game and WRs are making amazing catches all the time. NFL QBs are amazing but everyone including Breese, Rodgers, and Brady throw passes that are difficult to catch.  Amazing has to be almost routine to win in this league. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sadly, KB made a couple.  He’s awful, but he made a couple I can remember when he towered over people to get a pass only he could.  Unfortunately he alligator armed or dropped 10 times more passes on what was an atrocious season by him.  

Admittedly I think he may have caught a few 50/50 balls, but as you said all the drops made me forget.....

30 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What a ballerina.....  He toe tapped.....  Every receiver in the NFL is taught that.

It wasn’t just a toe tap. The ball was a 3-4 feet out of bounds. He kept his feet glued to the field and leaned out and caught the ball all while on a dead sprint.

Im not sure I’d call it “great” but it wasn’t just a toe tap either.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Nope. I've posted on this before. Watch any NFL game and WRs are making amazing catches all the time. NFL QBs are amazing but everyone including Breese, Rodgers, and Brady throw passes that are difficult to catch.  Amazing has to be almost routine to win in this league. 

exactly. Takes 2 to complete a throw and catch. And a better WR corps means more complete passes regardless of Allen's accuracy. Every QB needs a WR to bail him out sometimes. Every good offense has 1-3 of that caliber WR.

I've been BEGGING for a good wr these last 2 years. A real top 10 guy. Never KB.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I think the point is this...and was made on the radio this morning as well.   The receivers are dropping plenty of balls that should be caught.  They are almost never making a catch on a poor throw.  They rarely if ever bail out Josh Allen with some great catches.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think the point is this...and was made on the radio this morning as well.   The receivers are dropping plenty of balls that should be caught.  They are almost never making a catch on a poor throw.  They rarely if ever bail out Josh Allen with some great catches.  

And Allen doesn’t bail them out with more catchable balls. His placement isn’t great and he only has one throw - bullet! 

Everybody has work to do but people keep wanting to run the WRs into the ground for all their mistakes to give Allen a pass. Everyone realizes that this WR core are all in their 1st or 2nd years, yeah? They’re almost all street FAs too.

The fact that I keep seeing people rip Zay for the “drop” against Miami tells me all O need to know. He was mugged by the DB on that play and if he had managed to still come up with the catch despite the PI it would have been amazing. But somehow not coming up with that catch is a “drop” in some posters minds?

27 minutes ago, MDH said:

It wasn’t just a toe tap. The ball was a 3-4 feet out of bounds. He kept his feet glued to the field and leaned out and caught the ball all while on a dead sprint.

Im not sure I’d call it “great” but it wasn’t just a toe tap either.

We'd be a pretty damn good team if we had 6 Josh Allen's playing every skill position on the field.. kinda cool and sad at the same time.