Jordan Jenkins threatened to kill Dion Dawkins

YoloinOhio

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/trumaine-johnson-jordan-jenkins-1.24400874

Jenkins was “enraged” because he thought Dion Dawkins’ play, which briefly knocked him out of the game, was dirty. Jenkins said he didn’t want to sit out, so he got taped up and came back.

He had plenty to say about Dawkins' chop block on the Bills’ first offensive play, and Jenkins said he threatened Buffalo’s tackle.

“As I was running inside [to the locker room], all the Buffalo fans are laughing and jeering, and I was like, ‘That could have ended my career and these cats are sitting here laughing.’ While I’m inside, I’m seething, I’m thinking I want to keep playing and I heard they scored and I was [ticked] off I was inside.

“I wasn’t going to sit inside. I needed new tape. I needed some tape and I was ready to roll.

“That kind of play is not what you need to see. That’s real dirty. That could be career-ending. You don’t do that to guys. You don’t dive at somebody’s ankles. That’s classless. That’s some punk stuff right there.

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I love what this is turning into. he had some "kind" words for allen as well...… I hope it turns into something MEANINGFUL and a real nasty rivalry over the years to come.

What did he said? 

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's probably fair if that's how it happened, I don't know if the way he described it is exactly how it happened, but it would be dirty if it is. 

But if he's bringing up dirty...gotta mention Henry Anderson too. That was a punk move, for lack of being able to use other choice words. 

I think the Anderson hit was retaliation for Haushka trying to trip one of the Jets

1 minute ago, Antonio said:

What did he said? 

Jenkins didn’t hold back when describing Buffalo’s rookie quarterback in the wake of the Jets’ 27-23 win.

“He can throw the ball far… maybe not accurate,” Jenkins told two reporters in the winning locker room. “I don’t really like that guy. That guy was talking trash out there. Personally, I couldn’t care less about that guy.”

“He was feeling himself,” Jenkins said. “He was talking trash out there today.”

“He’s a good quarterback,” Jenkins said. “He’s good on his feet. He’s a definite threat running the ball.”

Those were the quotes on Allen. I don't care about that part, trash talk is part of the game. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Anderson hit was retaliation for Haushka trying to trip one of the Jets

That’s a good point. That soccer slide tackle attempt was ridiculous. I forgot all about it. 

If Dion lead the game off with a cheap block that may also help explain why the Jets were so fired up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It was a crappy block, I won’t defend dion in this situation. 

But the Jets were dirty all game long with late hits and cheap shots 

that block made.. absolutely no sense. Why would a tackle go ahead and do that? Super early in the game. Was baffling.

Just now, CommonCents said:

That’s a good point. That soccer slide tackle attempt was ridiculous. I forgot all about it. 

If Dion lead the game off with a cheap block that may also help explain why the Jets were so fired up. 

Yeah.. Dion certainly started the cheapshots with that dumb play on the first offensive sequence for no reason.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

Just kill this guy next time we play them please.

It was an extremely dirty play by Dawkins, and obviously so. Before the game, one of the Jets was quoted as saying "they [the Bills] really don't like us, and we don't like them." It was an extremely chippy game on both sides.

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I love what this is turning into. he had some "kind" words for allen as well...… I hope it turns into something MEANINGFUL and a real nasty rivalry over the years to come.

The Jets beat the crap out of Allen all day.

I was really disappointed when Edmunds had Darnold lined up for a kill shot on the game tying TD that made it 20-20 and chose not to take it.

He had Darnold dead to rights and just ran past him without making any contact. It probably would have been a penalty, but the Jets defenders took every shot they could get on Allen drawing multiple flags along the way. 

Edmunds should have been aware of how the game was going and taken out a rival QB who now knows Edmunds won't lay him out in the future. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Jets beat the crap out of Allen all day.

I was really disappointed when Edmunds had Darnold lined up for a kill shot on the game tying TD that made it 20-20 and chose not to take it.

He had Darnold dead to rights and just ran past him without making any contact. It probably would have been a penalty, but the Jets defenders took every shot they could get on Allen drawing multiple flags along the way. 

Edmunds should have been aware of how the game was going and taken out a rival QB who now knows Edmunds won't lay him out in the future. 

I don't disagree, but I was way more disappointed it the obvious whiff on 4th and inches for the score..... I like them, but both our first rounders have quite a bit of work to do.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It was an extremely dirty play by Dawkins, and obviously so. Before the game, one of the Jets was quoted as saying "they [the Bills] really don't like us, and we don't like them." It was an extremely chippy game on both sides.

Which is funny because the QBs seem to have a good bit of respect for each other.