Jordan Jenkins threatened to kill Dion Dawkins

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Meh - Nothing to see here. Jenkins is scrappy and I don't mind that, but the Jets were laying a lot of late lumber out there yesterday and more than a few classless hits. Nothing excuses blindsiding a kicker, or all the late hits for guys that were obviously going out of bounds. Last time we played the Jets they also executed a really dangerous blind-side helmet to helmet hit on Teller. Just cannot dredge up sympathy for these guys.

He just needs to stop whining.

Chop blocks you just have to look out for as a defender and they are used a lot to get a guy off his feet and are only illegal if the defender is already engaged (I confess I did not see the play he was referencing). Now crack-back blocks are another story...

You want to see a really dirty crack-back block... search for a video of Frank Middleton's hit on the Bills' Sam Cowart (a linebacker that I thought was on the path to being one of the better one's the Bills have ever fielded) - pro-bowl bound that year, but he was never the same after that hit, ruptured his achilles trying to get back out there in 2001 - bounced around the league for a while. Truly cost him, but he said he had no hard feelings - not sure I would have felt the same.

Jarvis Landry on Aaron Williams? 

Anyway, this was a very chippy game. Perhaps Dawkins chop block on the 1st offensive snap set the tone. Perhaps the Jets were really fired up after getting embarrassed at home the last time we played them. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Would have liked to see that fire from our ol while Allen was taking late hit after late hit yesterday

The Bills don't retaliate ... They didn't when Landry ended Aaron Williams career, they didn't retaliate when Gronkowski tried to break Tre White's neck, they didn't retaliate when #96 tried to end Hauschka's season yesterday. Players can do what they want against Bills players knowing that there will be no retaliation. Sad really.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Anderson hit was retaliation for Haushka trying to trip one of the Jets

I actually hadn’t thought of that but recall that play you are referring to.

As demented as that rationale would be by Anderson, perhaps that was the case. 

I thought it was a really dumb play.   I don't know why Dawkins would intentionally do that.  It looked like he was surprised Teller was blocking Jenkins.   Just dumb all around.  15 yard penalty.  And if dirty, even worse. 

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Meh - Nothing to see here. Jenkins is scrappy and I don't mind that, but the Jets were laying a lot of late lumber out there yesterday and more than a few classless hits. Nothing excuses blindsiding a kicker, or all the late hits for guys that were obviously going out of bounds. Last time we played the Jets they also executed a really dangerous blind-side helmet to helmet hit on Teller. Just cannot dredge up sympathy for these guys.

He just needs to stop whining.

Chop blocks you just have to look out for as a defender and they are used a lot to get a guy off his feet and are only illegal if the defender is already engaged (I confess I did not see the play he was referencing). Now crack-back blocks are another story...

You want to see a really dirty crack-back block... search for a video of Frank Middleton's hit on the Bills' Sam Cowart (a linebacker that I thought was on the path to being one of the better one's the Bills have ever fielded) - pro-bowl bound that year, but he was never the same after that hit, ruptured his achilles trying to get back out there in 2001 - bounced around the league for a while. Truly cost him, but he said he had no hard feelings - not sure I would have felt the same.

this is why I disagree that it was dirty.  I think Dawkins went to chop block him, and was surprised or did not know that Teller was already engaged.  Just a dumb play, but as you correctly point out, part of playing on the DL. 

Edited by RyanC883

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

The Jets beat the crap out of Allen all day.

I was really disappointed when Edmunds had Darnold lined up for a kill shot on the game tying TD that made it 20-20 and chose not to take it.

He had Darnold dead to rights and just ran past him without making any contact. It probably would have been a penalty, but the Jets defenders took every shot they could get on Allen drawing multiple flags along the way. 

Edmunds should have been aware of how the game was going and taken out a rival QB who now knows Edmunds won't lay him out in the future. 

Oh Thank you for bringing that up.  I thought the exact same thing at the time.  The Jets are playing physical all day and killing Allen every chance they get.  They even crush our kicker.  Bills don't lay an extra hit on Darnold all day long.  When Edmunds is steamrolling towards Darnold he completely lays off and doesn't finish the play.  I guess he is Mr. nice guy?  All i can think is that it was 3rd and goal and Edmunds didn't want to get flagged for a late hit.  Understandable but jeez, he was close enough to initiate some contact, just not high or driving him into the ground.  

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

That’s a good point. That soccer slide tackle attempt was ridiculous. I forgot all about it. 

If Dion lead the game off with a cheap block that may also help explain why the Jets were so fired up. 

That was almost as crappy as Tom Bradys lead blocking efforts 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

The chop block was dirty and dumb.  Not sure why Dawkins did it.

I mean it was mistimed. He was supposed to dive before he got engaged but was to late.

Also atleast that was properly flagged unlike the dirty blindside block on our Kicker.

7 hours ago, CommonCents said:

That’s a good point. That soccer slide tackle attempt was ridiculous. I forgot all about it. 

If Dion lead the game off with a cheap block that may also help explain why the Jets were so fired up. 

Now I really don't want to defend the play buttttttttt if this was a big play in a big game, efing trip that mofo... 

6 hours ago, dubs said:

I actually hadn’t thought of that but recall that play you are referring to.

As demented as that rationale would be by Anderson, perhaps that was the case. 

I dunno about the retaliation angle...just think the opportunity was there and the Jets were taking shots all day.

You could queue up all the tackles that kickers have attempted to make over the years for a good laugh and most of them are pretty darn fugly...so no surprises that Hauschka reverted to a soccer-type tackle that missed...probably more a part of his background than NFL form tackling. Can't imagine anyone on the Jets feeling threatened by that...probably got a lot of laughs during film reviews.

If Hauschka had more leg on the kickoffs, or if the directional kicks that McDermott mentioned actually went in a direction other than right into the Jets' Andre Roberts' hands, and if our Special Teams coverage wasn't so damn bad, it would not have come down to him having to try to make the stop.

58 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I mean it was mistimed. He was supposed to dive before he got engaged but was to late.

That's also a chop block now.  You can't engage high or low immediately after or at the same time someone has engaged low or high.