McDermott is going to cost us in a big game

McDermott will need an extension to officially have all draft picks playing as a cohesive structure and that could take things into 2020 while still stocking up on draft picks.  And, making decisions on who has lost a step.  McBeane didn’t have the benefit of the doubt with younger players and a deeper rotation to use.  Most of that’s come off the practice squad.  

8-8 and 9-7 missing the playoffs to build a 12-4 roster in all likelihood for year five looks promising.  

8 hours ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

Give me a friggin break.  Do you expect him to be a miracle worker?  I'm truly astonished at the unbelievably unrealistic expectations you and so many other Bills fans have.  Can you not take into account the massive rebuild going on right now?  McDermott getting even a single win out of this team this year is amazing.  WTF do you all expect?  And who the hell do you propose to replace him with that will be this miracle working savior you envision?  Sorry, but that coach does not exist.  

I really need to stop reading this stupid message board forever.  It's full of pissing and moaning from people who have no concept of what a full rebuild is like.  I truly think you all would be perfectly happy with 8-8, 7-8, whatever records forever rather than go through the pain and misery that must come with a full rebuild.  They're tearing it down and building it back up so it can be a true contender, not perennial pretender we've all suffered with the over two decades now. 

The sad state of the current Bills roster is the result of McDermott's belief that attitude trumps talent.  Combined with Pegula embracing of money ball, McDermott/Beane's "rebuild" is guarantees the Bills aren't even going to be a "perennial pretender" for as long as they're in control.

56 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The sad state of the current Bills roster is the result of McDermott's belief that attitude trumps talent.  Combined with Pegula embracing of money ball, McDermott/Beane's "rebuild" is guarantees the Bills aren't even going to be a "perennial pretender" for as long as they're in control.

This is complete and total B.S.  You just keep believing what you want to believe.  You're totally over-complicating things but whatever makes you feel better I guess. 

Say/ think whatever you want about the "process" and what kinds of players they want  (you're making way too much out of that too.)  McDermott and Beane are not going anywhere for at least a few more years.   You can bank on that.  And they shouldn't go anywhere.  They should be given a fair chance to turn things around.  The long-haul type of turnaround not the mediocre Whaley type band-aid fix that gets you exactly middle-of-the-road and nothing more. 

These owners are actually a lot more intelligent than you give them credit for.  They know they needed a solid, long-term plan to give this team any chance of being a contender.   They have what you obviously don't have:  patience.  It's called the 'big picture'.  But, in order to see the big picture, you have to stop crying for a minute about every loss this year and probably next.  You all are so ridiculous.  They've been on board less than 2 seasons now but you're already throwing in the towel?  Seriously?  You keep firing everyone every few years and what do you honestly expect will happen? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

This is complete and total B.S.  You just keep believing what you want to believe.  You're totally over-complicating things but whatever makes you feel better I guess. 

Say/ think whatever you want about the "process" and what kinds of players they want  (you're making way too much out of that too.)  McDermott and Beane are not going anywhere for at least a few more years.   You can bank on that.  And they shouldn't go anywhere.  They should be given a fair chance to turn things around.  The long-haul type of turnaround not the mediocre Whaley type band-aid fix that gets you exactly middle-of-the-road and nothing more. 

These owners are actually a lot more intelligent than you give them credit for.  They know they needed a solid, long-term plan to give this team any chance of being a contender.   They have what you obviously don't have:  patience.  It's called the 'big picture'.  But, in order to see the big picture, you have to stop crying for a minute about every loss this year and probably next.  You all are so ridiculous.  They've been on board less than 2 seasons now but you're already throwing in the towel?  Seriously?  You keep firing everyone every few years and what do you honestly expect will happen? 

This ^

Well said

43 minutes ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

So McD should keep his job next year if he produces the same results next year?

On 12/10/2018 at 10:02 AM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

From having an injured kicker go for a 54 yarder to the 2 runs on 1st and 2nd at the Jets 23 on the second to last drive...this conservative garbage is so incredibly frustrating. I just don't understand it. Is the point of the game to keep it close or to go for the win? Even when we're 4-8 the guy just won't go for it. Give Allen more than 1 shot on that set of downs to make a play. Stop playing for a field goal. 

You can see this coming a mile away, sometime in the future if we make it back to the playoffs, his brutal gameday management and conservativeness is going to bite us hard at the end of a game. 

If he gets us to the (BIG GAMES/ playoffs)

thats already more then anyone prior to him had done in the past two decades!!! 

Lets not forget he was also a ROOKIE HC when he got here , so he’s still learning the position as well , 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

Should the Patriots fire Bill Belichick?

He's been an HC for more than 25 years and still makes mistakes.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/bill-belichick-gronk-drake-dolphins-patriots-mistake-comments-starts-with-me-nfl

Some people wouldn't be happy regardless of who was HC at the Bills.

Im pretty sure all those playoffs appearances, Super Bowl appearances and Super Bowl rings give BB a bit of leway.

5 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

Should the Patriots fire Bill Belichick?

He's been an HC for more than 25 years and still makes mistakes.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/bill-belichick-gronk-drake-dolphins-patriots-mistake-comments-starts-with-me-nfl

Some people wouldn't be happy regardless of who was HC at the Bills.

Yeah, Bills fans are just a bunch of cry-babies.  All this success and they’re still complaining.  Hard to figure.

Just now, Ned Kelly said:

Correct.  You don' think he learnt anything and grew as a coach during that time?

His first season at NE also sucked.

He did learn but it wasn’t with Cleveland now was it? Do You think Cleveland

(if Cleveland never moved )should have waited and see  for several year if he was going to be the right coach? 

30 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yeah, Bills fans are just a bunch of cry-babies.  All this success and they’re still complaining.  Hard to figure.

What does the Bills being historically bad have to do with the McDermott or Beane?

So yes, some fans do act like "cry-babies" and can't see the forest for the trees.

Next year I hope and expect we improve.

Going to be a young and exciting team. 

Mistakes will be made.

7 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

He did learn but it wasn’t with Cleveland now was it? Do You think Cleveland

(if Cleveland never moved )should have waited and see  for several year if he was going to be the right coach? 

Why do you say he didn't learn anything? This makes no sense.

The Browns waited 5 years.  ?

Edited by Ned Kelly

16 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

What does the Bills being historically bad have to do with the McDermott or Beane?

So yes, some fans do act like "cry-babies" and can't see the forest for the trees.

Next year I hope and expect we improve.

Going to be a young and exciting team. 

Mistakes will be made.

Why do you say he didn't learn anything? This make no sense.

They waited 5 years. 

I said he did learn, AFTER he was fired from Cleveland and took a step back, he absolutely should have been fired at that time period, you get to look back in hindsight, not considering the question of would he have been the coach he is had he never been fired. 

17 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

I said he did learn, AFTER he was fired from Cleveland and took a step back, he absolutely should have been fired at that time period, you get to look back in hindsight, not considering the question of would he have been the coach he is had he never been fired. 

Again this makes no sense. 

To suggest he learnt nothing during his time at Cleveland is dumb.

You think Bill went into his second year as a coach having learnt nothing from his rookie year as coach?

Ps No need to edit your quotes so as to put my comments out of context.

Edited by Ned Kelly
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

Again this makes no sense. 

To suggest he learnt nothing during his time at Cleveland is dumb.

You think Bill went into his second year as a coach having learnt nothing from his rookie year as coach?

Ps No need to edit your quotes so as to put my comments out of context.

Of all the flavors there are in the world you choose to be salty. 

You mentioned people would want BB fired for his mistakes, I counter with his wins, playoff appearances, super bowl appearances and rings give him a pass, you then try to smart off by saying he had losing seasons when he started Hea coaching, which I countered with he was after all fired. 

Now you brought up a point BB had losing seasons, not I, and now then tell me he learned through his time in Cleveland? 

Well if he learned during his time in Cleveland, he wouldn’t have had losing seasons and wouldn’t have been fired. 

No, it was after Cleveland when he took a step back, he learned, that’s why he had that one bad season in NE and the rest is history. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Commsvet11 said:

Of all the flavors there are in the world you choose to be salty. 

You mentioned people would want BB fired for his mistakes, I counter with his wins, playoff appearances, super bowl appearances and rings give him a pass, you then try to smart off by saying he had losing seasons when he started Hea coaching, which I countered with he was after all fired. 

Now you brought up a point BB had losing seasons, not I, and now then tell me he learned through his time in Cleveland? 

Well if he learned during his time in Cleveland, he wouldn’t have had losing seasons and wouldn’t have been fired. 

No, it was after Cleveland when he took a step back, he learned, that’s why he had that one bad season in NE and the rest is history. 

"Salty" not at all. It's not often your right but your wrong again.

I'm just bored with the diatribe that is posted on TBD to act as novacaine for the stupid after every loss.

If you can't see the irony in my initial post pointing out that the great Bill Belichick still makes mistakes and the mistakes made by a second year coach with few tools to work with.

Im sorry, I can't help.

You continue to allude that people cannot learn daily, weekly even yearly. Your inability to accept that you are wrong on this makes you sound "dumb". 

Again I can't help you with this.

No need to feel butthurt. I'm wrong very often and have made many mistakes ( cwhich I continue to learn from.

Edited by Ned Kelly
Post doubled