McDermott is going to cost us in a big game

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Does your character make you feel better when your team sucks?

I've been a fan for nearly 30 years. The losing and patheticness has gotten to me. Especially the idiotic moves. This team may be good enough for you, but some of us are winners in life and like to be around winning. 

This is the season that is going to break you? I know it's tough, but it's a rebuild, you need to find other things to focus on other than wins, losses and the typical stats.

Adjust your expectations, because right now they're not realistic. Or, you are intentionally setting them where they are because you are hoping to be made upset so you can be angry. 

The Chiefs aren't going to make you happy if you are looking to be unhappy, you'll find something else to empower as your negativity talisman.

Funny, isn't that basically the moral of the Big Lebowski (it's just a fing rug man).

11 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

The ones more apt to insult dissenting fans are social media firm posers.  Looking to get us tossed for profanity and having a little bit more leeway in xenophobic commenting or in questioning someone’s aptitude for English.  Moderators will stand a little off to the side and give them free passes.  It helps keep a pay structure going, standard operating procedure for fan sites.   

tinfoil-hat-07132017.png

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

It's very much a toxic relationship. 

I’ve got family who played for the semi-pro franchise and missed going professional.  Having wives and a family kind of put them in a sling.  Along with how much of a beating their bodies could take.  It’s not toxic to me rooting for them or in questioning Coaches.  What is toxic is a pack of social media firm and public relations trolls who went after my last name and started bringing up my immigration status and abilities to comprehend English.  I think those folks lack the milk of human kindness.  

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

I’ve got family who played for the semi-pro franchise and missed going professional.  Having wives and a family kind of put them in a sling.  Along with how much of a beating their bodies could take.  It’s not toxic to me rooting for them or in questioning Coaches.  What is toxic is a pack of social media firm and public relations trolls who went after my last name and started bringing up my immigration status and abilities to comprehend English.  I think those folks lack the milk of human kindness.  

I'm really not trying to bust your chops, but what the hell is milk of human kindness? Sounds disgusting.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

tinfoil-hat-07132017.png

Tenhigh you guys ran your mouths collectively on my immigration status or comprehending English.  You folks got a lot of leeway from moderators on it.  See you folks insulting the elderly and disabled without any oversight.  Not a lot of answers though for if you would be this mean and snide toward family members with disabilities or elderly family members.  

5 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Um. What? Not really sure how any of that is relivant to what I said. But, erm, for what it’s worth I fully support your right to criticize the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm really not trying to bust your chops, but what the hell is milk of human kindness? Sounds disgusting.

A phrase my Grandfather used to describe some truthfully disgusting human beings.  No kindness or empathy to them at all.  He was a Cop before working at Hooker Chemical.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joeziehmer said:

Tenhigh you guys ran your mouths collectively on my immigration status or comprehending English.  You folks got a lot of leeway from moderators on it.  See you folks insulting the elderly and disabled without any oversight.  Not a lot of answers though for if you would be this mean and snide toward family members with disabilities or elderly family members.  

I can't speak to immigration status, but methinks your less-than warm reception had plenty more to do with your unintelligible posts and incredibly hot takes.  Which makes sense to me as you are pretty clearly trolling here, and you are being treated accordingly.  Good work through, you got the board pretty stirred up in the last few days. 

I get so tired of head coaches being second-guessed for everything.

The Bills had a chance to the lead with less than 8 minutes left in the 4th Quarter, during a tie-game.

The option was his kicker (who is one of the league's best) to hit from 56 --- or -- 4th and 8 with a rookie QB and inconsistent offense.

His defense had been playing pretty well, so he had plenty of confidence they could stop the Jets from mounting another scoring drive.

If the Bills went for it on 4th and then DID NOT make it, people would be screaming how McDermott should have been smart and just taken the points in that situation.

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I can't speak to immigration status, but methinks your less-than warm reception had plenty more to do with your unintelligible posts and incredibly hot takes.  Which makes sense to me as you are pretty clearly trolling here, and you are being treated accordingly.  Good work through, you got the board pretty stirred up in the last few days. 

Any signs of frustration or questioning is treated with insults accordingly?  Wow, even to children and elderly thanks but I’ll pass and ignore you guys when I post.  

16 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Um. What? Not really sure how any of that is relivant to what I said. But, erm, for what it’s worth I fully support your right to criticize the Bills. 

I’ve gotten questions on immigration status and abilities to comprehend English.  When I see the McClappy die hards it’s usually their flinging insults or profile creeping as to how long I’ve been here on the boards.  Feels like a tool to divided rhe fan base or push out dissenting opinions with all the psychological force of a sledge hammer.  

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

This to me was the most vital sequence in the game. Zay's decision to try to throw it as the play called for instead of getting the three yards that he could easily have managed was brutal. If he gets that first down, the Bills have a shot at scoring a touchdown, or even if they don't they run a lot of time off the clock and leave the Jets will much less time to score. 

To me, it's hilarious that "McDermott's awful conservative approach" was the WHOLE POINT of this thread.

He's supposedly a TERRIBLE coach, because he refuses to attack and be aggressive.

Yet, here is an example of the Bills aggressively going for the touchdown INSTEAD of getting the easy first down...

And apparently, that was ALSO a bad call by this coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Any signs of frustration or questioning is treated with insults accordingly?  Wow, even to children and elderly thanks but I’ll pass and ignore you guys when I post.  

It's not frustration or questioning, it's spam Joe, just admit it, you're caught.  Pats or Fins?  My guess is Pats.

helen-lovejoy.jpg

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Everyone hates conservative play calls, especially because its so easy to do from the couch.  Problem is, most of the people complaining about coaching do not have the foggiest idea what coaches do day in and day out, aside from situational football.  And even then they are operating with the benefit of hindsight. 

Hauschka is one of our best players.  When the game is on the line, you go with the talent.  The offense wasn't exactly stellar. There was no reason to believe they could continue to reliably move the ball when McD went for the 55 yarder.  It was the smart choice. 

Oh Sean just give up already. 

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

With this roster and last years, and the changes they are making? We made the playoffs with just a smidge better roster...

If he were above average he could have made it this year too.  An above average coach at least has the sense to not go into the season with Nasty Nate as starter with only a rookie to back him up.  It probably cost us at least 3 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

I get so tired of head coaches being second-guessed for everything.

The Bills had a chance to the lead with less than 8 minutes left in the 4th Quarter, during a tie-game.

The option was his kicker (who is one of the league's best) to hit from 56 --- or -- 4th and 8 with a rookie QB and inconsistent offense.

His defense had been playing pretty well, so he had plenty of confidence they could stop the Jets from mounting another scoring drive.

If the Bills went for it on 4th and then DID NOT make it, people would be screaming how McDermott should have been smart and just taken the points in that situation.

You are correct, some people would be screaming. Those people would be wrong.  With Hauschka obviously hurting you only have two choices there.  Go for it or punt.  To try that FG and give up additional field position wasn't wise.  If his defense was, as you say,  playing pretty well then why not punt?  At this point in the season why not go for it and then fall on your sword after the game? That would at least show the offense that he has false hope in their abilities.  This is just the most recent in game screw up by The Process.  The Process is not good at game management and to the OP...Yes, The Process will indeed cost the Bills in a big game unless he hires a bench coach to help him out.  

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You are correct, some people would be screaming. Those people would be wrong.  With Hauschka obviously hurting you only have two choices there.  Go for it or punt.  To try that FG and give up additional field position wasn't wise.  If his defense was, as you say,  playing pretty well then why not punt?  At this point in the season why not go for it and then fall on your sword after the game? That would at least show the offense that he has false hope in their abilities.  This is just the most recent in game screw up by The Process.  The Process is not good at game management and to the OP...Yes, The Process will indeed cost the Bills in a big game unless he hires a bench coach to help him out.  

How do you know that Hauschka's injury had anything to do with the miss? 

The idea that "McDermott knew" he was sending out an injured kicker is very key to your argument.  But it's nothing more than fan speculation from the living room.

Maybe Hauschka and the doctors said he was fine.  In which case, he's usually pretty good from 50+ yard kicks.

The argument against PUNTING is that you have the chance to take the lead, halfway through the 4th Quarter.

I absolutely hate when fans criticize coaches for gameday decisions like these.  There is no "clear" right and wrong... until after the play is done and everyone has the benefit of hindsight.  So many things go into coaching a football team.  But fans boil the coaches performance down to whether the guy was conservative/aggressive enough in a certain situation, whether they punted or went for it, when they decide to throw challenge flags, etc, etc.  The truth is, most fans are clueless and are just looking for a scapegoat to blame. 

• Like (+1) 1