McDermott is going to cost us in a big game

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

the 55 yard field goal with an injured kicker was a head-scratcher.   either punt and pin them back, or better yet, let JA and the offense try to execute a 4th down. 

So kick it and let them run it back for a td (likely), let allen try and get a first down (plausible), or let your medically cleared kicker with wind try and add 3 points to your score (plausible). Two of those dont result in anything points wise for our team. 

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

From having an injured kicker go for a 54 yarder to the 2 runs on 1st and 2nd at the Jets 23 on the second to last drive...this conservative garbage is so incredibly frustrating. I just don't understand it. Is the point of the game to keep it close or to go for the win? Even when we're 4-8 the guy just won't go for it. Give Allen more than 1 shot on that set of downs to make a play. Stop playing for a field goal. 

You can see this coming a mile away, sometime in the future if we make it back to the playoffs, his brutal gameday management and conservativeness is going to bite us hard at the end of a game. 

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

From having an injured kicker go for a 54 yarder to the 2 runs on 1st and 2nd at the Jets 23 on the second to last drive...this conservative garbage is so incredibly frustrating. I just don't understand it. Is the point of the game to keep it close or to go for the win? Even when we're 4-8 the guy just won't go for it. Give Allen more than 1 shot on that set of downs to make a play. Stop playing for a field goal. 

You can see this coming a mile away, sometime in the future if we make it back to the playoffs, his brutal gameday management and conservativeness is going to bite us hard at the end of a game. 

McDermott is the type of football guy who wants to keep it close and win all games 10-7.

He is an over-promoted DC and will likely revert to that level in due course.

I just pray to God Pegula understands that his next HC needs to be young, smart, and offensively oriented.

It's where the game is and where it's going.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You know at first I thought you might be a challenged 13 year old trying to post with the adults

now I see I gave you too much credit

Well mocking children with disabilities that’s about it for me.  As much as you want to draw out profanity from me Johnny boyo I know how you roll amateur hour.

50 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Does your character make you feel better when your team sucks?

I've been a fan for nearly 30 years. The losing and patheticness has gotten to me. Especially the idiotic moves. This team may be good enough for you, but some of us are winners in life and like to be around winning. 

winners in life don't really care about how a football team is doing.  mostly because life is already awesome, and realize that there's not point in gnashing your teeth over something that you can't control.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

winners in life don't really care about how a football team is doing.  mostly because life is already awesome, and realize that there's not point in gnashing your teeth over something that you can't control.

This is true. The Bills patheticness is not an indictment on me. However, it’s been like 30 years since this team was good and I deserve better. This team still sucks. Sucked last year too. Most fluke playoff berth since the 7-9 Seahawks made it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

If this were the BBMB, that quote would 100% be my new signature.  

Can't be a football guy unless your'e a winner that wants to be around other winners. 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

This is true. The Bills patheticness is not an indictment on me. However, it’s been like 30 years since this team was good and I deserve better. This team still sucks. Sucked last year too. Most fluke playoff berth since the 7-9 Seahawks made it. 

The Dude deserves better.  He's a winner. 

All coaches make boneheaded moves.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/10/even-ex-patriots-are-blasting-bill-belichicks-bonehead-move/

You have to look at the overall big picture. Happy Clap's overall body of work is above average, especially considering the lack of talent he has to work with. The results of next year should be the time to judge, not the here and now. Passing judgement on this coach can be summed up in one word: BILLSY.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I said it in another thread.

The Jets last drive in our territory with about two minutes left, Jets with 2 TOs he was waving his arms furiously for the refs to run the clock. 

The clock was the least of their problems st that point. Just force the Jets into a 4th down and a FG try. 

It sums up his clueless in in game situations and his ultra conservative mindset. He wants to get a lead and essentially run the ball while playing good defense until the clock runs out. That has to change as Allen develops and becomes a better QB. 

To be fair he was furiously waving his arms because he wanted the clock running under 2 minutes and every second counts... the guy was clealry out but a moving clock would help us in that situation 

its better than getting 10 yards and stopping the clock.

im sure he didn’t forget to try and stop the jets because of that... he just got marched on

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If this were the BBMB, that quote would 100% be my new signature.  

Can't be a football guy unless your'e a winner that wants to be around other winners. 

The Dude deserves better.  He's a winner. 

Well, that and I’m not a western New Yorker. I used to be. Haven’t been in nearly 25 years. So I don’t have an attachment to the area. It’s an ugly city and the football is bad. So why continue to torment myself with bad football? 

45 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Kewl story, bruh. 

The ones more apt to insult dissenting fans are social media firm posers.  Looking to get us tossed for profanity and having a little bit more leeway in xenophobic commenting or in questioning someone’s aptitude for English.  Moderators will stand a little off to the side and give them free passes.  It helps keep a pay structure going, standard operating procedure for fan sites.  

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well, that and I’m not a western New Yorker. I used to be. Haven’t been in nearly 25 years. So I don’t have an attachment to the area. It’s an ugly city and the football is bad. So why continue to torment myself with bad football? 

I'm not sure it is possible to stop being a fan of a team you have followed for 30 years. However, it is 100% your choice on how you choose to be affected by the team you follow. You can understand you have absolutely no control over how the team performs  and find ways to not let the bad times adversely affect your life. Or, you can just continue to be miserable when things don't go well. I have followed this team for over 50 years and I do not think I could just stop being a fan. I have changed how I deal with being a fan of the Bills; however, I couldn't just stop being a fan - although, heaven knows I've had my moments of wondering, just like you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

will McDermott cost us in a big game?  The bad news-yes. The good news-maybe someday we will actually have a big game, and not have a season of 4 preseason games,  10 real games, and then 6 virtual preseason games where we run out the schedule seeing who could possibly contribute next year.

Like last year?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Antonio said:

I agree with the Ultra Conservative calls. Also to start the 2nd half and specially after the fumble recovery, try to go big for a TD... insted they run thruw the middle. We gained 2 yards and settle for a FG.

This IS THE PROCESS.  Get up by a TD or so in the second half and sit on the football and let the D win it.  Maybe pick up a FG or two if you can, but don't get too crazy.  We saw it last year and we saw it yesterday.  I don't expect to see it change.  it is what it is.

18 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Thats a good question.....I feel that you should not

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm not sure it is possible to stop being a fan of a team you have followed for 30 years. However, it is 100% your choice on how you choose to be affected by the team you follow. You can understand you have absolutely no control over how the team performs  and find ways to not let the bad times adversely affect your life. Or, you can just continue to be miserable when things don't go well. I have followed this team for over 50 years and I do not think I could just stop being a fan. I have changed how I deal with being a fan of the Bills; however, I couldn't just stop being a fan - although, heaven knows I've had my moments of wondering, just like you.

It's very much a toxic relationship. 

• Like (+1) 1