McDermott is going to cost us in a big game

While I agree the penalties are too much (pretty obvious statement there lol) I think a lot of that stems from being overmatched talent wise. Add the inexperience as well and you have a bad recipe for penalties. Coaching should help to eliminate the inexperience part of the penalties, but the talent deficiency is hard to overcome. 

10 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

What does that have to do with his horrific game management skills? We've seen good, competitive teams get sunk by poor game management. 

I wouldn't have cared if we lost the last 2 weeks if McDermott had put this team in the best position to succeed. He didn't. We're not a playoff team either way, but it's still a problem going forward. That's something that can hurt you even if you have a good team. 

My point is if we win nobody is compkaining

• Like (+1) 1

Already has cost us several but not finding a replacement for Nate Peterman.  You will find fans completely saying it was indefensible starting him but, same fans make a “concession” for the “process” and just how much better the team will be in the mantra phrasing of “wait until next season”.  The stinging part is that some of these fans are more interested in public relations then in actual being fans and saving face for McDermott.  

20 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Isn't the question every owner and GM should be asking themselves is "can I envision this coach holding up the Lombardi Trophy?"  Honestly, as much as I liked Marv Levy, after the third Super Bowl loss, the gross embarrassment 50 point blowout to the Cowboys, there was no way I could envision Marv winning a Super Bowl.  Honestly, can you envision McDermott winning a Super Bowl?  I can't. 

It's tough to see that, for sure. Can you imagine him in a couple of the spots Pederson was in during the Superbowl? Probably takes a FG instead of Philly Philly, and punts at midfield at 4th on their last drive. 

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Already has cost us several but not finding a replacement for Nate Peterman.  You will find fans completely saying it was indefensible starting him but, same fans make a “concession” for the “process” and just how much better the team will be in the mantra phrasing of “wait until next season”.  The stinging part is that some of these fans are more interested in public relations then in actual being fans and saving face for McDermott.  

Hey troll bait

who should he have gotten

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Wait, you think McDermott is going to get the team to a "big game?"

If Allen is the real deal, we'll get to a big game. That's the magic of a franchise QB.

The goal should be the Superbowl though. I know 9-7 with a one and done playoff year goes a long way here, but I don't really care about that. It's more big picture for me. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My point is if we win nobody is compkaining

That's a short-sighted way to look at it. Does that mean nothing needs improvement if you have a winning record? 

And yes, I would still have issues with the way he manages the game if we had won yesterday, because bad game management is still a negative over the long haul. 

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do ppl understand that the talent of the team is not good in a rebuilding year?

nobody questions the decisions of the hc when they win but we are not winning this year

take a deep breath and realize the team is not going to win this year

He wasted a perfectly good defense with his flop of Nate Peterman.  Got an aging defense that needs to be adjusted now.  How many accounts do public relations bots hold on here?  Noticing the free ticket giveaways in a down year for ticket sales and merchandising.  Can you shed a bit of light on that?  

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

If Allen is the real deal, we'll get to a big game. That's the magic of a franchise QB.

The goal should be the Superbowl though. I know 9-7 with a one and done playoff year goes a long way here, but I don't really care about that. It's more big picture for me. 

That's a short-sighted way to look at it. Does that mean nothing needs improvement if you have a winning record? 

And yes, I would still have issues with the way he manages the game if we had won yesterday, because bad game management is still a negative over the long haul. 

My point is that all coaches do what you are complaining about and they look a lot smarter when it works

its not working this year because the offense is horrible and special teams is beyond horrible

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Got us to the biggest game the Bills have had in the last 17 years.  

Naw. Andy Dalton got us there. How pathetic is that? Another teams QB is a Buffalo Sports legend. 

Man, I am gettin closer and closer to bolting for Kansas City. Never thought I'd get there, but its fast approaching. 

Just now, Joeziehmer said:

He wasted a perfectly good defense with his flop of Nate Peterman.  Got an aging defense that needs to be adjusted now.  How many accounts do public relations bots hold on here?  Noticing the free ticket giveaways in a down year for ticket sales and merchandising.  Can you shed a bit of light on that?  

You know at first I thought you might be a challenged 13 year old trying to post with the adults

now I see I gave you too much credit

I'm not sure if it's McDermott or something else.  Doesn't he let his coordinators make most of the decisions, except for time outs?

My bigger question is, is there a possibility of Beane, without McDermott, or McDermott, without Beane?  I expect them both to stay, and I actually think both are doing a good job.  Get some more O talent, and then make a decision.  But, would Beane stay on if McDermott was fired, or are they always going to be a combo?

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Hey troll bait

who should he have gotten

Kaep, Barkley, and or anyone else not over the hill.  Public relations or social media consultant?  Just getting a cold read and a feel.  Reminds me of the folks EA hired on the Sims 4 on copy-pasta jobs.  

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Naw. Andy Dalton got us there. How pathetic is that? Another teams QB is a Buffalo Sports legend. 

Man, I am gettin closer and closer to bolting for Kansas City. Never thought I'd get there, but its fast approaching. 

So no team has ever made the playoffs because they won enough games and someone else Olson a game to get them in should all those fans feel bad

i thought you were leaving

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yeah, and McDermott leading this team to 9 wins with an absolute lack of talent had nothing to do with it.  Absolutely nothing. 

Plays like that happen every week through out the league.  Dalton's throw was just well timed and made for an exciting ending.  That same game, with that same throw, happens five weeks earlier.  No one for a moment attributes the playoff appearance to Any Dalton.  

You should be embarrassed for thinking this is a good (or logical) argument. 

More importantly, you should be ashamed for that lack the character your demonstrate for threatening (which is weird in its own right) to not stay loyal to your team.  

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

From having an injured kicker go for a 54 yarder to the 2 runs on 1st and 2nd at the Jets 23 on the second to last drive...this conservative garbage is so incredibly frustrating. I just don't understand it. Is the point of the game to keep it close or to go for the win? Even when we're 4-8 the guy just won't go for it. Give Allen more than 1 shot on that set of downs to make a play. Stop playing for a field goal. 

You can see this coming a mile away, sometime in the future if we make it back to the playoffs, his brutal gameday management and conservativeness is going to bite us hard at the end of a game. 

His coaching also got us to the biggest game this franchise has seen ina quarter of a century, with a cap strapped team, a lame offensive coordinator, and a very mediocre set off offensive playmakers. Give him more than 2 seasons of head coaching experience and see what happens. Here is the thing an aggressive play style that you yearn for that you see happening with other teams (chiefs, saints, rams, etc) there is a reason it works for them; I’m going to go out on a limb and state that hopefully you can see the differences (plural) between our team and theirs that would make it easier for a head coach to put the game on the line by risking an aggressive play style that isnt needed at that point in the game.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My point is that all coaches do what you are complaining about and they look a lot smarter when it works

its not working this year because the offense is horrible and special teams is beyond horrible

No, they don't. Not all coaches are inept with game and clock management. I'm not even saying we would have won the last 2 weeks with better decision-making, but we would have had a better shot, which is what your head coach should be giving you...the best possible shot to win. Things like giving away possessions at the end of the half is going to look just as bad if we become a good team as they do now.

McDermott is still going to have to manage the game and clock if we become a better team next season. In fact, he's going to be in more close games and tight situations and have more decisions to make. What we're seeing now is a troubling indicator of what could come when he's faced with all that. 

4 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Kaep, Barkley, and or anyone else not over the hill.  Public relations or social media consultant?  Just getting a cold read and a feel.  Reminds me of the folks EA hired on the Sims 4 on copy-pasta jobs.  

mmmmmmm  COPY PASTA

6 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

No team in the league is taking kaep

barkley was just out there for everyone 

we just drAfted a qb in the 7th round

the team is rebuilding and without a ol and receivers it does not matter who you brought in off the street

Take a lap

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You know at first I thought you might be a challenged 13 year old trying to post with the adults

now I see I gave you too much credit

Merchandising and ticketing sales are low.  You work to fill a void there in lost profitability and saving public face.  With a little bit of salty anger thrown in for dissenting opinions.