Target the Offensive line in 2019

Tatonka68

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Take a pass rushing D Line. 

Fill your holes on offense via trade/FA.

Some needs such as RT will be hard to fill in FA. We will be drafting a new RT fairly high. Go guard and center in FA. Ramon Foster and Matt Paradis would be the best posible outcome leading up to the draft. There is good OL depth RDS 2-5 so if we need a couple of OL there we're in a good position to take a RT and G there. We're picking top 10, if BPA is a DE take them. No bones about it. We lack something on D. Ferrell, Allen and Winovich. Those guys would be great in BUFFALO.

CBS new mock draft has us taking Miss St DT at 6.  No, just no.

One thing I did notice about the recent mock drafts is there is A LOT of wide receiver talent on the board in Round 2.  Like DL, it's a very deep draft and you will still have Round 1 talent available in Rd 2.

Edited by SCBills
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, billspro said:

Metcalf is the only WR I would consider in the top 10. This is a deep WR class, there will be some good value in round 2.

My dream offseason would be adding a guard and center in free agency. Then drafting an OT in round 1. Then hopefully we can hit on a WR in round 2 and a RB in round 3.

We have lots of free agent money, so hopefully we can add a WR2 a decent TE and some defensive depth.

Matt Paradis-C  and Daryl Williams-RT are the OL I want in FA. That's two areas of need solved. I think we can get an Alex Bars or Beau Benzschawel in the 3rd or 4th to solve the RG position.

And you're correct with the Metcalf take. He's the only guy I consider in the Top 10 if we can get his injury record cleared. I really like Kelvin Harmon too but this is about 20 spots too high for him.

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

One thing I did notice about the recent mock drafts is there is A LOT of wide receiver talent on the board in Round 2.  Like DL, it's a very deep draft and you will still have Round 1 talent available in Rd 2.

Great player but he's not Oliver or Williams and he's a sketchy character guy which McBeane will not want

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agree it is a deep wide receiver draft. Don't agree you will have a lot of Rd 1 talent there in Rd 2. I think it is a WR draft with a lot of guys who are a bit raw or not quite well rounded complete receivers. There is a lot of round 2 and 3 guys who can either compete right away but have lower ceilings or are raw high ceiling guys. I think there might be 8-10 receiver who are genuinely 2nd round talent types. Some of those will go in the 1st, the odd one might drop to the 3rd...... but round 2 is definitely a sweet spot for receivers this year.

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Beane is hinting on BPA. I love D.K. Metcalf but I think a Top 5 pick might be too high. 

I think he's overrated. More of a physical freak than an accomplished wide receiver. I need to watch more but very few people have him in the first round like alone the top 5. 

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Doesn’t look like there’s one close to where Buffalo will be picking.  I’d rather them get the best player they can in the top 10

Harry, Brown and Harmon are all rated as top 10 players on some big boards. 

This draft is loaded at WR. 

1 hour ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Agree. Anybody you like coming out? I like Metcalf, a lot of explosion. A little of what I’ve watched of the other top receivers, they don’t seem to be very explosive like Metcalf 

He seems really raw. Good athlete but I'm not totally sure. Haven't watched much of him this year and there's very little video available online. Seems like he probably benefited a lot from having Brown on the field with him. 

Edited by jrober38

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think he's overrated. More of a physical freak than an accomplished wide receiver. 

Harry, Brown and Harmon are all rated as top 10 players on some big boards. 

This draft is loaded at WR. 

Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds were physical freaks that were considered projects. Metcalf has a lot of room to grow but I wouldn't be surprised if Beane fell in love with him.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:06 AM, RyanC883 said:

I think you get a C in FA.  We need a veteran Center for Allen.   I also think we need a TE upgrade.  Get Jesse James from PIT.

I'd get the WR in the 2nd round after taking BPA in the 1st.   One of the Brown's (Old Miss or Oklahoma) should be available in early 2nd round.  Both good hands and speed.  Then try covering Brown, Foster, Zay and McKenzie.    If Allen has time, 2 of them should always be open. 

We also need a RB. 

we need a lot

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds were physical freaks that were considered projects. Metcalf has a lot of room to grow but I wouldn't be surprised if Beane fell in love with him.

Maybe. He reminds me a lot of Corderelle Patterson. Big, strong, going to blow up the combine, but not an accomplished route runner and he'll have trouble gaining separation at the NFL level. I think his upside is as a really good #2 guy who stretches the field, but not sure he's got the polish to be a #1 guy. 

Whatever happens there are going to be tons of options available. This is a great year to need a WR. 

Shaq Mason signed an extension with NE. I have a major issue reaching for need in the top ten of the draft. Little, Williams, are simply not BPA at that point. You cannot plug holes with top ten picks. You can trade down and draft lineman, but don't draft linemen in the top ten unless they elite left tackles like Joe Thomas. Never draft a guard or right tackle that high unless they are 100% no doubt plug and play all pro like Quentin Nelson. Williams, Little et al are simply not in that category. 

Our draft board has to be:

Bosa

The defensive tackles: Oliver, Williams, etc. 

Josh Allen OLB

OL and WR will be huge reaches if taken that high. 

Fill those in free agency or via trades. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

12 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Maybe. He reminds me a lot of Corderelle Patterson. Big, strong, going to blow up the combine, but not an accomplished route runner and he'll have trouble gaining separation at the NFL level. I think his upside is as a really good #2 guy who stretches the field, but not sure he's got the polish to be a #1 guy. 

Whatever happens there are going to be tons of options available. This is a great year to need a WR. 

I love Kelvin Harmon. Not as explosive as Metcalf or big but he's probably going to run a 4.5 and he has good size at 6'2 216. For a junior he's got the nuances down on playing the position. 

Check again on Metcalf though. Other than the size and athletic ability his biggest strength is his release and the separation he creates and unlike AJ Brown who strictly plays in the slot he's always on the perimeter. He only runs three routes at the moment but he's a mega talent. 

It's more likely we're going with Ed Oliver, Clelin Ferrell, Josh Allen or Greedy Williams with our first pick anyways.

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I love Kelvin Harmon. Not as explosive as Metcalf or big but he's probably going to run a 4.5 and he has good size at 6'2 216. For a junior he's got the nuances down on playing the position. 

Check again on Metcalf though. Other than the size and athletic ability his biggest strength is his release and the separation he creates and unlike AJ Brown who strictly plays in the slot he's always on the perimeter. He only runs three routes at the moment but he's a mega talent. 

It's more likely we're going with Ed Oliver, Clelin Ferrell, Josh Allen or Greedy Williams with our first pick anyways.

It's way too early to say where we'll go. The FA Class of wide receivers is terrible, and we desperately need a #1 WR. 

I think they fix the line in FA, but past that it's hard to see a bigger need than an elite play maker on the outside.