Target the Offensive line in 2019

Tatonka68

The Offensive line needs a lot of help and the Bills should replace at least 3 positions T, G and Center. It is almost a shoe in that the Bills draft either Jonah Williams (AL) or Greg Little (OM) with their 1st round pick. They should target either Shaq Mason (NE) or Quinton Spain (Ten) in free agency for Guard. For center draft Tyler Biadasz (WIS) or Elgton Jenkins (MISST) in the 2nd or 3rd round. After that draft at least one more interior linemen in the 4th or 5th round.

Edited by Tatonka68

I think you get a C in FA.  We need a veteran Center for Allen.   I also think we need a TE upgrade.  Get Jesse James from PIT.

I'd get the WR in the 2nd round after taking BPA in the 1st.   One of the Brown's (Old Miss or Oklahoma) should be available in early 2nd round.  Both good hands and speed.  Then try covering Brown, Foster, Zay and McKenzie.    If Allen has time, 2 of them should always be open. 

We also need a RB. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

I think the Bills have to get Allen a premier WR with their 1st round pick.

OL upgrades should come through free agency, and some of our other draft picks. 

I agree with your point, the problem is that their isn't a WR worthy of a high 1st round pick. I would draft either Deebo Samuel or Collin Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd round.

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

I agree with your point, the problem is that their isn't a WR worthy of a high 1st round pick. I would draft either Deebo Samuel or Collin Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I think it's way too early to say that. 

This draft is loaded with wide receivers and some of them are going to move up the draft board after the offseason evaluation process gets underway. 

I can't see us draft a LT with a top 10 pick. I think they like Dawkins in that spot. 

I think a solid offensive line would make a much greater difference for this offense than a WR would.  Allens struggles right now have more to do with the lack of running game and constant pass rush.  Sure our WR have drops, but they are getting open.  But aside from those handful of plays, the OL line problems are popping up on every single snap.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

If they expect Allen to develop into any thing worth being called franchise guy then they have to invest in the O line first & get him some WR's that can get separation if they can do that he can do the rest !

Brady makes very average WR's look good & if Allen can develop his skills then he should be able to do the same thing !! Maybe not in the same perspective that Brady has done given his career but he can be our guy for a long time !!

Agreed on OL but I want 2 experienced starter FA's who are on the rise and have played at a high level.  2 High draft picks in Rds 1-5 and then fill with UDFA, low level FA with high upside, maybe someone coming off injury that we can take a chance on and not be hurt. 

But WR with our first pick. We need a true #1 who can grow with Allen.  #2 OL #3 RB #4 TE #5 OL, #6CB 

If they are picking top 6 (as we are at present) and they are desperate to draft offense (they may well be) then they should get on the phone take what they can get and trade back. There is no offensive player in this draft worth a top 6 pick in my mind. Mid first you start to bring the OL and WR value into play. 

22 hours ago, T master said:

If they expect Allen to develop into any thing worth being called franchise guy then they have to invest in the O line first & get him some WR's that can get separation if they can do that he can do the rest !

Brady makes very average WR's look good & if Allen can develop his skills then he should be able to do the same thing !! Maybe not in the same perspective that Brady has done given his career but he can be our guy for a long time !!

Absolutely right.  And THE big reason, aside from his own abilities, is that he's had a consistently very good offensive line group throughout his career.  Build the line. 

23 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Doesn’t look like there’s one close to where Buffalo will be picking.  I’d rather them get the best player they can in the top 10

55 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Beane is hinting on BPA. I love D.K. Metcalf but I think a Top 5 pick might be too high. 

Metcalf is the only WR I would consider in the top 10. This is a deep WR class, there will be some good value in round 2.

My dream offseason would be adding a guard and center in free agency. Then drafting an OT in round 1. Then hopefully we can hit on a WR in round 2 and a RB in round 3.

We have lots of free agent money, so hopefully we can add a WR2 a decent TE and some defensive depth.

23 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Agree. Anybody you like coming out? I like Metcalf, a lot of explosion. A little of what I’ve watched of the other top receivers, they don’t seem to be very explosive like Metcalf