Big Bucks next year, what to spend on, what to draft?

steven50

2 WR's

2-3 OL

1 TE

1 RB

Re-Sign Jordan Phillips and Lorenzo Alexander

Free Agency:

WR - Tyrell Williams

OL - Best Available at any position

BPA

Draft:

Round 1 - BPA

Round 2 - WR/OL

Round 3 - WR/OL

Round 4 - RB

Edited by SCBills

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Be fiscally responsible in FA- get a RB, O lineman or 2, and a WR - best bang for the buck. Re sign Jordan Phillips for sure at DT. Bring in another LB as well. If we do that the Bills will be in Position to draft BPA throughout the draft- possibly sliding out of the 2-4 draft slot gaining additional picks.

Yep.  I think Beane will look for a TE in FA too.

The big thing is how much quality can he sign in those positions.

Beane is a trader too..................so maybe 1 or 2 of those.

Going into the draft without too many glaring needs is the way to look at all that FA $s.

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

2 WR's

2-3 OL

1 TE

1 RB

Re-Sign Jordan Phillips and Lorenzo Alexander

Free Agency:

WR - Tyrell Williams

OL - Best Available at any position

BPA

Draft:

Round 1 - BPA

Round 2 - WR/OL

Round 3 - WR/OL

Round 4 - RB

Why wouldn’t you just go BPA in every round?

2 hours ago, steven50 said:

Lots of cash and draft picks next year. I am curious what other people would do with them.

If a bonafide number 1 receiver is available next year then I would move heaven and earth to get him through free agency.  I would also address the O line next year as much as I could through free agency. IMO those are the most glaring needs and having "for sure" players at those positions would be my primary concern.

In the draft, TE, CB, LB, another WR, more Oline. Not necessarily in that order.

What would you guys do?

I would like this team to spend money in FA on the OL, I'd rather have experience on the OL than a rookie. C Matt Paradis, G Rodger Saffold, G Marcus Spain, T Darryl Williams are just some names that could be available for us. I don't see any big named WR in FA unless 1 is released due to cap problems so the draft will most likely provide us with our best options, same with the TE position, there are some decent TE's in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why wouldn’t you just go BPA in every round?

If BPA every round ends up being all defense, I'm not doing that.   Our defense is fine for next year, and I'm ok adding an elite pass rusher or stud defensive back if that's sitting there for us in the 1st Round, but it's imperative that we build an offense around JA.

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

If BPA every round ends up being all Defense, I'm not doing that.   Our defense is fine for next year, and I'm ok adding a pass rusher or a stud defensive back if that's sitting there for us in the 1st Round, but it's imperative that we build an offense around JA.

Defense wouldn’t be BPA in every round. Guys are graded too close for that to be the case. Either way, I don’t understand why you would pass on better talent simply to address a need. Sure the defense is fine for next year but that is very short sighted. You don’t draft players for the following season, not when it takes guys a few years to develop. 

24 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep.  I think Beane will look for a TE in FA too.

The big thing is how much quality can he sign in those positions.

Beane is a trader too..................so maybe 1 or 2 of those.

Going into the draft without too many glaring needs is the way to look at all that FA $s.

Totally agree- if we can have a solid FA season the draft could be the icing on the cake.

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

and more OL and WR

Then more OL ?‍♂️

I'm just not seeing any studs hitting FA.  These days it seems guys are paid or traded.  We should be looking into trades like our round 1 for Julio Jones and their round 2.  (With the idea being they can't afford to keep him)

Missed the boat last year not signing Laundry or this year not trading for Amari Cooper. 

51 minutes ago, 947 said:

I agree with what everybody's said about signing OL/WR, but it seems like everyone is forgetting we're also gonna need to sign 2 CBs. We need a starter & a depth signing, badly.

Bring back Gaines he's on a 1 yr deal in Cleveland

5 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I'm just not seeing any studs hitting FA.  These days it seems guys are paid or traded.  We should be looking into trades like our round 1 for Julio Jones and their round 2.  (With the idea being they can't afford to keep him)

Missed the boat last year not signing Laundry or this year not trading for Amari Cooper. 

Bring back Gaines he's on a 1 yr deal in Cleveland

This!  People keep saying pick up X, Y, Z in free agency.

Look at the names!  Not a lot to choose from.

And you will have to compete with better destinations for what talent is available.