Big Bucks next year, what to spend on, what to draft?

steven50

Lots of cash and draft picks next year. I am curious what other people would do with them.

If a bonafide number 1 receiver is available next year then I would move heaven and earth to get him through free agency.  I would also address the O line next year as much as I could through free agency. IMO those are the most glaring needs and having "for sure" players at those positions would be my primary concern.

In the draft, TE, CB, LB, another WR, more Oline. Not necessarily in that order.

What would you guys do?

Regardless of how the draft and FA shakes out, we know that they will address both line and WR.

The thing is as bad as our receivers are, I just think we are in a more desperate situation at Oline.  I think everything on offense, including the protection of your first pick QB, just moves up with a better line.

I hope we don't get into a bidding war with the Jets on FA Olinemen.  They have more money than us and we desperately need good ones, not just guys that other teams gave up on.

• Like (+1) 1

Trey Flowers another good day yesterday. He would be my big FA signing. I’d draft BPA and lean towards offense on any close calls. I’d spend another chunk of FA money on instant upgrades on the oline.

Shady, Clay, Murphy would all be gone. I’d shop Zay for a 4th. 

Draft skill position players, spend the money on the line. A veteran line will do wonders for Josh's development in year two. I think the draft will look something like Edge and WR in rounds 1 and 2. They might even move back into the first of the WR. Unless they get real crazy and draft Noah Fant in the first.

9 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Trey Flowers another good day yesterday. He would be my big FA signing. I’d draft BPA and lean towards offense on any close calls. I’d spend another chunk of FA money on instant upgrades on the oline.

Shady, Clay, Murphy would all be gone. I’d shop Zay for a 4th. 

shop one of the only actual productive WRs on our roster when we need to build that corp? that is dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Regardless of how the draft and FA shakes out, we know that they will address both line and WR.

The thing is as bad as our receivers are, I just think we are in a more desperate situation at Oline.  I think everything on offense, including the protection of your first pick QB, just moves up with a better line.

I hope we don't get into a bidding war with the Jets on FA Olinemen.  They have more money than us and we desperately need good ones, not just guys that other teams gave up on.

Not to mention the coach of the O line i think there has to be much better out there & i just hope that McD doesn't have blind faith in his friendships that keeps a underachieving coach in his position ...

I believe some one like Kromer could do more with less talent than Juan could do with better talent & they need to find that guy along with upgrading the talent along the O line !!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

Not to mention the coach of the O line i think there has to be much better out there & i just hope that McD doesn't have blind faith in his friendships that keeps a underachieving coach in his position ...

I believe some one like Kromer could do more with less talent than Juan could do with better talent & they need to find that guy along with upgrading the talent along the O line !!

Jeepers, T master, I haven't thought about that in awhile, and I used to think about that a lot.

You are 100% correct.

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

shop one of the only actual productive WRs on our roster when we need to build that corp? that is dumb. 

He is a lesser player than the UDFAs running around out there. I’m confident with that 4th rounder you can get a better player. 

2017 4th rounders

Eddie Jackson

Tarik Cohen

Josh Reynolds

DeDe Westbrook

Marlon Mack

Why have we gone so many years without a productive receiving back?  It seems every good team in the league has one or two.  Shady is a good receiving back, but it's unwise to have him as your only weapon...and he's getting old.  I say we get a couple, they're cheap.  It will help both Josh and our receivers.

Be fiscally responsible in FA- get a RB, O lineman or 2, and a WR - best bang for the buck. Re sign Jordan Phillips for sure at DT. Bring in another LB as well. If we do that the Bills will be in Position to draft BPA throughout the draft- possibly sliding out of the 2-4 draft slot gaining additional picks.

• Like (+1) 1

It doesn't count against cap space but I'd buy some new coaches for the OL, WR and ST at minimum.

Need far better teachers there. 

There's a big difference between the shop teacher who makes the awesome work bench and the ones who have students who make awesome work benches.  

You need more of the latter, less of the former which I suspect Castillo, Robiskie and Crossman are.