LeSean McCoy hamstring injury - OUT vs Lions

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, PIP said:

McCoy is a total bust only in it for a paycheck no heart no skills just that stupid little stutter step and then run to the sidelines never liked the guy never will

While he's certainly having a bad year (whether that's due to losing a step or an o-line downgrade or both) you can't call the guy a bust, that's just nuts.  Over the hill?  Maybe, it's hard to tell. 

I hope we move away from having a feature back and simply go RB by committee. I'd rather have the 55th and 56th rated RB signed to 4.5m each than to have a top 10 RB for 10m. Cost less money, more production and if one of your backs go down you just increase the work load on the other one. More carries to play with too. As much as I like LeVeon Bell I'd rather pair TJ Yeldon up with Tevin Coleman for way more production and less money. Grab two #2RBs and just rotate them.

Man, I'm so glad the fans have no say in the roster moves. LeSean McCoy is an elite RB that opponents hate to play against. Voted by his own peers as a top 30 player. The guy was injured yesterday. No back is going to run well behind that craptastic line, at least the way they were playing Sunday. Todd Gurley would have a tough time getting yards behind that line. 

Give a healthy Shady a solid line with decent blocking and its off to the races almost every play. Besides that he is still a big threat as a receiver even though Daboll doesn't utilize him like Dennison did in 2017 when he led the team in receptions. 

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

My uneducated guess is that it’s not that severe but could cost him a few weeks.  Shady will play through any injury...he’s tough.  

But yep...I agree.  I think the Bills need to move next year.  Good news - you can find a decent RB very easily

Since there are only 3 games remaining..whats the point in putting him back out there? Hello, Keith Ford...

Edited by Pablocruise
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PIP said:

McCoy is a total bust only in it for a paycheck no heart no skills just that stupid little stutter step and then run to the sidelines never liked the guy never will

Wow this is the most uniformed post in the history of TBD. McCoy played injured in a playoff game less than a year ago. 

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Man, I'm so glad the fans have no say in the roster moves. LeSean McCoy is an elite RB that opponents hate to play against. Voted by his own peers as a top 30 player. The guy was injured yesterday. No back is going to run well behind that craptastic line, at least the way they were playing Sunday. Todd Gurley would have a tough time getting yards behind that line. 

Give a healthy Shady a solid line with decent blocking and its off to the races almost every play. Besides that he is still a big threat as a receiver even though Daboll doesn't utilize him like Dennison did in 2017 when he led the team in receptions. 

You sir are correct! Get an oline and Shady will be over 1000 yards and 4.4 YPC.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

2 hours ago, PIP said:

Thurman Thomas was the man this guy is a chump. Not even in top 10 of Bills backs

Thurman had a line that blocked well and a QB that had receivers to throw to. McCoy has neither. This year especially. Losing Wood and Crazy-Incognito made a huge impact to the run lanes. While I haven't been a huge McCoy fan, he has proven to be a good back and has made some great plays in a Bills uniform. His age is now starting to show and it's amplified when there's crap OL ahead of him. Cut him some slack there, slick!

I think Shady has been a good running back for the Bills. However, this year he has reminded me of Franco Harris' last years in Seattle running out of bounds to save his body. 
But with the run blocking by this OL it is hard to fault him 100%.

And despite The Process someone else will step up and provide some off season drama once he is gone.

3 games back and JA already leads the team in rushing? Yeah, I’d say the previous recent abundance of threads questioning whether or not Shady has hit the RB wall or is well on the way to it, unfortunately will probably age well. A finger can definitely be pointed at the Oline along the way, but the eye test has been pretty consistent on him.