LeSean McCoy hamstring injury - OUT vs Lions

YoloinOhio

Bills need to move on from McCoy. They need to add at least 2 backs and 1 needs to be an explosive pass catcher. Look what McKenzie and Foster have done for the wr corps and offense. They gain separation and can make explosive plays and we are talking about an undrafted guy and a player signed off a practice squad. Bills need to make upgrading the rb position a priority. McCoy being on this team next year will impede the progress we can make as an offense. Because of his stature he would require a certain amount of touches whether he deserves it or not. This is an easy decision and a position that can be easily upgraded without having to spend too much draft capital and free agent dollars. 

3 minutes ago, PIP said:

McCoy is a total bust only in it for a paycheck no heart no skills just that stupid little stutter step and then run to the sidelines never liked the guy never will

I guess you forgot that they guy had 75 yards on 19 carries with a sprained ankle vs. Jax in the playoffs.

Look, he's on the downside of his career, so he's lost a half-step, and he's playing behind one of (if not THE) worst run-blocking OL units in the game.

What are you expecting?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Add RB to the list of Bills offensive needs for next year. 

It already was a need for next year. Shady and that 9 mil cap hit will be gone resulting in 2.5 mil dead cap and 6.5 cap savings. 

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I guess you forgot that they guy had 75 yards on 19 carries with a sprained ankle vs. Jax in the playoffs.

Look, he's on the downside of his career, so he's lost a half-step, and he's playing behind one of (if not THE) worst run-blocking OL units in the game.

What are you expecting?

Exactly. Going into this year with that o line, no wrs, a rookie QB, this is pretty much what I expected. Paying McCoy  9 mil,  highest of any rb in the league, was completely pointless this year but they probably couldn t have traded that contract if they had wanted to.

16 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

It already was a need for next year. Shady and that 9 mil cap hit will be gone resulting in 2.5 mil dead cap and 6.5 cap savings. 

Exactly. Going into this year with that o line, no wrs, a rookie QB, this is pretty much what I expected. Paying McCoy  9 mil,  highest of any rb in the league, was completely pointless this year but they probably couldn t have traded that contract if they had wanted to.

All reports say otherwise.  They certainly could have traded Shady, but they didn’t get the return they were looking for.

my guess is that teams offered a 6th round pick and the Bills probably wanted a 4th

34 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

What are you expecting?

That playoff game is in the rubbish bin of fluky history

Don't ever quote that pony loaf again

32 minutes ago, PIP said:

McCoy is a total bust only in it for a paycheck no heart no skills just that stupid little stutter step and then run to the sidelines never liked the guy never will

Wow, that's a bit harsh. The dude is ancient for a RB, cut him a break. He's hit the wall, but I don't think he's dogging it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

All reports say otherwise.  They certainly could have traded Shady, but they didn’t get the return they were looking for.

my guess is that teams offered a 6th round pick and the Bills probably wanted a 4th

Paying McCoy as the league's best rb and then paying the Bills on top of that would seem like a tough sell at this point in his career to me, but I am obviously no expert.

I think Marcus Murphy needs more touches.  He hits the hole quicker and has speed to get positive yards most every time he touches the ball.  Ivory is a great number 2. 

Id give Murphy the chance the next 3 games to prove what he can do.  We're doing that at all the other positions already

Im in the minority who thinks McCoy isn't done he is just running hesitantly. Too much dancing and ducking away from contact.  I think once the offensive line gets better, he will as well.

Edited by JinxedBill1

Bryce Love, Bennie Snell Jr. or Lamical Perine would be the backs I'd target in the draft. Maybe even take a flyer on Jordan Scarlett if he slips. Need a 1, 2 punch. McCoy will have to find somewhere else to get his 12k.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Wow, that's a bit harsh. The dude is ancient for a RB, cut him a break. He's hit the wall, but I don't think he's dogging it.

Thurman Thomas was the man this guy is a chump. Not even in top 10 of Bills backs

• Haha (+1) 2