LeSean McCoy hamstring injury - OUT vs Lions

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He's 1,500 rushing yards behind Thurman's career rushing total in 3 fewer seasons, despite playing 1/3 of that in a pass-happy era.

34th all time in nfl yards from scrimmage.  

Ahead of names like OJ, Roger Craig, Marshawn... to name a few. 

He’s not what he was... can still be an impact role player in the right offense with a decent o line. 

No way this front office puts a C on the chest of anyone who’s not 100% effort. 

So he's listed as day-to-day.

Hopefully he ends up playing Sunday because he has a lot to prove at this particular stage in his career. As everyone knows, he's in serious danger of being a cap casualty, and this makes me extremely sad because he is one of my favorite all-time Buffalo Bills. How does everyone feel about the prospects of a contract restructuring for McCoy? Lower the annual cap hit and increase the years on his current contract? This would allow him to retire as a Bill and finish his career like Marcus Allen did - that is, playing as a backup RB, a receiver out of the backfield, and a veteran presence in the locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, Nihilarian said:

Man, I'm so glad the fans have no say in the roster moves. LeSean McCoy is an elite RB that opponents hate to play against. Voted by his own peers as a top 30 player. The guy was injured yesterday. No back is going to run well behind that craptastic line, at least the way they were playing Sunday. Todd Gurley would have a tough time getting yards behind that line. 

Give a healthy Shady a solid line with decent blocking and its off to the races almost every play. Besides that he is still a big threat as a receiver even though Daboll doesn't utilize him like Dennison did in 2017 when he led the team in receptions. 

With a good oline, you can get a late round pick to go off to the races on a rookie deal.  The days of elite running backs on big contracts are nearing an end.  This is why Bell is not going to get paid what he wants.  McCoy is on the downside of his career.  Not only has he lost a step but the guy is injured all the time.  They should have traded him last season.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:35 PM, Pablocruise said:

Since there are only 3 games remaining..whats the point in putting him back out there? Hello, Keith Ford...

So will the Bills shut Shady down to avoid injury and paying him 9 million like they did to Taylor?

I do have a feeling that the white flag is out for Shady in Buffalo. Sadly it's not a victory lap either. He's been an integral part of this team for 4 years now and became a leader on this team after feeling slighted by the Eagles with the trade. All runs come to an end and I think we are seeing the end of McCoy's, at least in Buffalo that is. 

On 12/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, MichaelAbdallah said:

So he's listed as day-to-day.

Hopefully he ends up playing Sunday because he has a lot to prove at this particular stage in his career. As everyone knows, he's in serious danger of being a cap casualty, and this makes me extremely sad because he is one of my favorite all-time Buffalo Bills. How does everyone feel about the prospects of a contract restructuring for McCoy? Lower the annual cap hit and increase the years on his current contract? This would allow him to retire as a Bill and finish his career like Marcus Allen did - that is, playing as a backup RB, a receiver out of the backfield, and a veteran presence in the locker room.

I would love it and it's done all the time in the NFL.  Under the right circumstances, like a rebuilt O-line, Shady still has gas in the tank. 

25 minutes ago, iinii said:

So will the Bills shut Shady down to avoid injury and paying him 9 million like they did to Taylor?

...huh?...Taylor had a clause guaranteeing him an amount if injured which was why he was shut down....don't think Shady has such a clause....secondly, his actual base salary in 2018 is $6.075 mil with his pro rated bonus and workout bonus getting him to $9 mil.....his base salary for 2019 is $6.175 mil.....shutting him down for 2018 saves nothing....

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2018 at 11:08 AM, iinii said:

Bills traded Taylor, in part,  to avoid paying a ridiculous 6 million dollar roster bonus. McCoy's dead cap money will be "do-able" for the Bills but as a Captain, I wonder if they keep him, in hopes that new additions make him more effective

On 12/10/2018 at 1:40 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

Wow this is the most uniformed post in the history of TBD. McCoy played injured in a playoff game less than a year ago. 

You sir are correct! Get an oline and Shady will be over 1000 yards and 4.4 YPC.

Shady wants those yards...if he doesnt think Bills get him enough offensive help, would he request a trade?