What Was the Primary Reason the Bills Lost (NYJ)?

Gugny

What Was the Primary Reason the Bills Lost (NYJ)?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. What Was the Primary Reason the Bills Lost?

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Nope. This was about toughness and the players got whipped.

They got burned on some plays.  Didn't get enough pressure on darn old.  But from what I seen,  offense was hampered badly from play calling.  Special teams was atrocious and I put most of that on coaching as well.    Way to many downs wasted on bad play calling.    Asking our kicker to attempt a 55 yard kick after barely being able to walk earlier was full on retarded. 

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed on Crossman.  But as far as the Jets go, they have a young talented QB too who is going to make some plays.  Are the Jets a good team, no of course not.  But the Jets have 4 wins because they can make some plays here and there.  So giving them a short field so often means they only need to make one good pass and be in the Redzone, and that’s what happened.  

I mean Tre is an elite corner, but he’s not going to go an entire season where someone doesn’t make a catch on him.  And his coverage was good, that was just a perfect pass to where only Anderson could really catch it.  Really tough to defend a pass that is a perfect strike to where the WR is only one who can cleanly catch it.

I agree that it was a beautiful pass and catch.  But someone posted earlier that the Bills are near dead last in red zone defense this season.  Yesterday was definitely a team loss.

There is a severe discipline problem, in my opinion.  31st in penalties (8.2) and penalty yards (70.7) per game.

I left "Coaching" out as an option.  But the coaching on this team has been terrible at every position/level.  Terrible.  That's not my call to fire McDermott.  But he has certainly not been good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

What's the main reason the Bills lost yesterday?  Offense, Defense or Special Teams.

I realize all three had their crappy moments; but which team's ineptitude was the primary reason the Bills lost the game?

Special teams by far.  The defense was just playing vanilla which made me think that the season is now written off in favor of a better draft pick which is OK with me.  Looking more and more like we will pick in the top 10 now.  The offense is simply auditioning players to see if any will be contributors next year.  I was pretty pissed off at 4:30 yesterday afternoon but I understand that there is a long term objective in this loss.

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

They got burned on some plays.  Didn't get enough pressure on darn old.  But from what I seen,  offense was hampered badly from play calling.  Special teams was atrocious and I put most of that on coaching as well.    Way to many downs wasted on bad play calling.    Asking our kicker to attempt a 55 yard kick after barely being able to walk earlier was full on retarded. 

Robert Foster made two or three bad plays and none of them was play calling. He just got flat out beat physically by 33. Dion Dawkins for the 3rd or 4th week in a row was godawful. Both guards got whipped all game. They got beat physically and it didn't even matter what play they called.

I will cede the FG. It was a dumb call.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

What's the main reason the Bills lost yesterday?  Offense, Defense or Special Teams.

I realize all three had their crappy moments; but which team's ineptitude was the primary reason the Bills lost the game?

Special teams for sure. Anytime you outgain your opponent 3:2 in yards, 24:15 in first downs, hold an 8-minute +differential in TOP, and surrender fewer yards in penalties than the opposition it's a safe bet you lost due to special teams.

The OL.  It’s terrble and is the main reason we lose most of our games imo.  We literally don’t have 1 “good” offensive lineman at the moment.  I have hope that Teller and Dawkins can become good, but neither are.  We have the worst running back running game in the league at the moment imo.  It’s embarassing

Crossman's group of unspecial teams.

When you'd be safer kicking it out of bounds and giving your opponent the ball at the 40, you've got issues.

The (special) teams unit has now become the laughing stock of the NFL, I've never seen more guys running around looking like chickens that have just been beheaded than this pitiful group. Crossman should've been told to clean out his office at halftime and his job should be given to the guy that makes coffee for the coaching staff the temp job.

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Robert Foster made two or three bad plays and none of them was play calling. He just got flat out beat physically by 33. Dion Dawkins for the 3rd or 4th week in a row was godawful. Both guards got whipped all game. They got beat physically and it didn't even matter what play they called.

I will cede the FG. It was a dumb call.

What was our percentage on run to pass on first down? And what percent of those runs went for two yards or less? Had McCoy not went out it might have even been worse

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Anderson, who is a good player, also had a very nice subtle push-off that dramatically affected the play. It's the sort of push-off that's never called, so that makes it a good play by Anderson. Nothing White could do about that; it knocked him out of position and it's never gonna get called. 

Anderson is good. White had an off day. He has had two bad games and 11 very good ones. He is the least of our worries. I hope Anderson isn't just one of those players who gets a little hex over him though... remember when Stevie Johnson bizarrely used to cause Revis problems?

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Anderson is good. White had an off day. He has had two bad games and 11 very good ones. He is the least of our worries. I hope Anderson isn't just one of those players who gets a little hex over him though... remember when Stevie Johnson bizarrely used to cause Revis problems?

Anderson might already be that guy--he had a good game against him in New Jersey in 2017 too.

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

What was our percentage on run to pass on first down? And what percent of those runs went for two yards or less? Had McCoy not went out it might have even been worse

How many of those runs failed because the WR got beat or took a penalty destroying the run call? Some of it is coaching but the players got dominated physically as well.

2 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

We run on 37.61% of first downs, which is 3rd highest in the league.  I was shocked to see that.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-first-down-pct