A successful run game would do wonders for Allen

Ramza86

I think this is the biggest thing that would help him grow. 

Allen is a big time gamer. He has no problem taking every snap throwing the ball 60 times and rushing it 30 times. 

But you can see what happens when you put the entire offense in his hands. You get the 50/50. 50% great, 50% not so great. 

Fix that line, get the ball moving on the ground next year. 

And we know thisssss.....MAN

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills have to essentially rebuild the entire offense.

Need a C, LG, RG, RT. At least two more WRs(not JAGs), a young RB, and a TE. 

A lot to accomplish in one offseason. 

But focusing on the more dire needs of three starting interior offensive lineman and two legitimate starting WRs should be the priority. 

I’d get one interior lineman (a center), LT and RT.  Dawkins just isn’t very good.  He may improve, but he’s a lesser to bad starting LT atm imo.  Part of the blame is on Castillo as well.  Dude really needs to go

Edited by NewEra

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills have to essentially rebuild the entire offense.

Need a C, LG, RG, RT. At least two more WRs(not JAGs), a young RB, and a TE. 

A lot to accomplish in one offseason. 

But focusing on the more dire needs of three starting interior offensive lineman and two legitimate starting WRs should be the priority. 

Can see them adding one, maybe two free agents to fill the interior OL spots. 

FA Tackle Market looks very weak. Just bring back Mills and draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

WR FA Market is terrible. The Bills need a legit #1 WR and likely need to use a 1st round pick there. Rookie, Foster and Jones in the slot is fine, with Mackenzie as the #5 Special Teams guy. Could use another draft pick in the 4th round too. 

RB should be easy enough to fill. McCoy is done and we need a bell cow back. 

Clay will get cut, but I'm not sure you you bring in at TE. It's not a position of importance in the modern NFL with only 3-4 guys putting up numbers each week. 

If they can add a couple linemen, a WR and young RB, that would be a good offseason. Filling all those holes in one season won't happen. 

A lot of things would do wonders for Allen and the offense,,,including a better rushing attack.  But overall, Josh is fine.  He will be solid.  I was critical of him being the QB we drafted but he looks good for the most part.   If you watched Trubisky and Goff last night they were both crap.  It happens to all QBs.  They aren't going to have 16 good games and all the QBs need some help from a decent Oline or rushing attack.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

A lot of things would do wonders for Allen and the offense,,,including a better rushing attack.  But overall, Josh is fine.  He will be solid.  I was critical of him being the QB we drafted but he looks good for the most part.   If you watched Trubisky and Goff last night they were both crap.  It happens to all QBs.  They aren't going to have 16 good games and all the QBs need some help from a decent Oline or rushing attack.

Im not really concerned for Allen tbh. If you told me a QB threw for 50% completion every game id be worried.....but not with Allen. What he completes with his 50% is pretty big. 

Like we had a play 1st and 20 early in the game. Throws a dart. 2nd and 2. Like....thats the kind of movement he brings. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They absolutely need to make a trade for a bonafide number 1 WR. 

You are right. The FA market sucks for WRs. They need to get creative. 

I agree filling all those holes won't happen in one offseason, but IMO, I think two to three solid interior offensive lineman should be a priority and replacing Mills who has survived here year after year despite being a below average starting RT. 

Id be more than happy with a C, LG, RT, and two solid WRs with one of them being a bonafide number one WR such as a trade for Julio Jones. 

That's like a fat kid saying he'd be happy with a mountain of candy for Xmas, lol. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They absolutely need to make a trade for a bonafide number 1 WR. 

You are right. The FA market sucks for WRs. They need to get creative. 

I agree filling all those holes won't happen in one offseason, but IMO, I think two to three solid interior offensive lineman should be a priority and replacing Mills who has survived here year after year despite being a below average starting RT. 

Id be more than happy with a C, LG, RT, and two solid WRs with one of them being a bonafide number one WR such as a trade for Julio Jones. 

A trade for Julio Jones will cost a fortune. Not sure I'm trading the farm (again) for a 30 year old WR. 

I think it's more likely they go to the draft and find someone Allen can hopefully play with for 10 years. 

On the OL, I think the Guard spots are the biggest problems. John Miller is terrible, and Teller is just a guy. Would love to see us shore up those two spots in FA and go after a Centre in the 2nd round.

In the draft, go #1 WR, #2 C, #3 RB.

In FA get a LG, RG, and speed DE. 

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

A trade for Julio Jones will cost a fortune. Not sure I'm trading the farm (again) for a 30 year old WR. 

I think it's more likely they go to the draft and find someone Allen can hopefully play with for 10 years. 

On the OL, I think the Guard spots are the biggest problems. John Miller is terrible, and Teller is just a guy. Would love to see us shore up those two spots in FA and go after a Centre in the 2nd round.

In the draft, go #1 WR, #2 C, #3 RB.

In FA get a LG, RG, and speed DE. 

Centers aren't valued highly in the draft. We could pick up a top 3 center in the 2nd round - top 5 probably in the 3rd round.

two interior OL and a RT would make our Oline solid, which is plenty.

We need at least one new TE (two likley), a stud WR, and a large possession WR, as well as RB.

the biggest holes on our team are at skill position, followed by OL.

we could use a CB and DT as well.

the one "good thing" about having a talent level as low as we do, is that adding even OK and average players will make the whole team better.  Our special teams shows horrible coaching, but also how low the over all talent level on the team is.  

could you imagine allen playing with a less worn out shady, karlos, our old LT, richie, woods, as well as percy, rob woods, and sammy watkins like in rex's first year here?  we just need to get some talent out there, guys who can get separation and most importantly not drop passes all the time.

of course, all of the above blows up if a top flight pass rusher is available at our pick, we take that and work out the rest.

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Don't have a spirit of fear.

It's no way to live.

it's about 98 for 98 on big targets who don't know how to protect themselves when they run for their lives out there

it's okay, in advance I'm telling you i told you so

he has to cut down on this, i know all the noob fans think this is great but it is so risky

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They will have close to $90 million in cap space. 

Go out and spend it and improve the team. 

A fortune? What is a fortune? I'm guessing it will cost two low round round picks on top of his salary. (A third this year and a first next?) 

I'd do it in a heart beat. 

Seems like a majority of the fans here think this team is years away from being a Super Bowl contender. 

A few big moves and they are right there next year as long as Allen continues to develop.... but they need to make bold moves. Stop being scared.??

I think it costs a lot more than that. 

If Amari Cooper is worth a 1st round pick, Julio even at age 30 is worth the same. 

Just now, row_33 said:

it's about 98 for 98 on big targets who don't know how to protect themselves when they run for their lives out there

it's okay, in advance I'm telling you i told you so

he has to cut down on this, i know all the noob fans think this is great but it is so risky

Who are you calling a noob fan?

I've been a fan for 30+ years :P

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billykay said:

Centers aren't valued highly in the draft. We could pick up a top 3 center in the 2nd round - top 5 probably in the 3rd round.

I'm expecting the guy to start on day 1 so I'd rather have the #1 guy at his position. 

Just my preference though. 

Not sure the #5 guy is stepping on the field day one.