win the next 3 games ?

Cygnus99

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

This is another  "no win" situation.  No matter what we do, we'll be seen as playing for draft position.  That's OK except our draft success record is so uneven that we can't look to the draft to solve all our problems.  So, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

The last 2 drafts are looking really good. Why wouldn't this continue?

People from past drafts are no longer with this club????

May attitude has been that you always go into a game to win. The franchise has had enough losing over the decades as it is. Moreover, to build a "culture" of winning,

by having an attitude that you're going to win is part of all that. Getting all involved in that Harry High school horsedoo about draft position next spring and this vs that

is a waste of time!  

3 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Do you think we will win the last 3 games ? knowing the Bills that could happen . I would not be surprised . Meaningless games ? lose out for a better draft pick or use the 3 games as preseason for 2019 ? 

this is the NFL

i wouldn't have commanded the best year of the Jim Kelly Era win 3 in a row

3 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Do you think we will win the last 3 games ? knowing the Bills that could happen . I would not be surprised . Meaningless games ? lose out for a better draft pick or use the 3 games as preseason for 2019 ? 

You seriously think the Bills go to NE and win?  Particularly after they just got embarrassed by the fish and need to win out to have a shot at home field advantage in the playoffs? That wouldn't surprise you?  Come on, man.

Edited by CodeMonkey

2 hours ago, chef4131 said:

I totally support using the next 3 games to watch players, victories are meaningless and certainly could do more long term harm to the future success.  (see 2010 season, could have had first pick and drafted Cam, instead we went 4-4 in final 8 games, drafted Dareus)   I know posted will disagree with me but there is no evidence that late season victories do anything for a team the following year.  This team is void of talent and why not put yourself in the best position to get the talent you covet.

Here's your winning answer 

2 hours ago, chef4131 said:

I totally support using the next 3 games to watch players, victories are meaningless and certainly could do more long term harm to the future success.  (see 2010 season, could have had first pick and drafted Cam, instead we went 4-4 in final 8 games, drafted Dareus)   I know posted will disagree with me but there is no evidence that late season victories do anything for a team the following year.  This team is void of talent and why not put yourself in the best position to get the talent you covet.

I understand your point to an extent, however, I believe stringing something together at the end of this season could go a long way to building our QB’s overall confidence and momentum, as well as the fact the winning helps support a better overall culture. That said, I also see the merit to obtaining additional draft capital. So I’ll probably end up feeling ok either way, provided JA continues to grow/improve 

• Like (+1) 1

There is no reason to show pride or enthusiasm really it’s misplaced.  Ownership threw in the towel, Coaching threw in the towel, and next season will take time to gel all the units into a cohesive mix.  On the plus side we are always one year away from greatness and can say continually “there’s always next year.”  It’s a magic salve of a word which is a dagger in the heart to fans.  I feel for the dad who took his daughter to see Peterman in the Bills veruses Bears game.  Part of the process getting blown out at home and having zero pride and making the younger generation cry.  Always next year is the mantra for quitters.

we have our QB, so we don't need the one guy to change it all, and the chances of us getting that guy with the higher pick are low anyhow.  I'd be happy winning out, growing the team and getting our young guys better.  we need vets to come in as FA signings, and winning will help that.

I want to see the Bills make progress and see Allen grow. I wont be disappointed in they lose each game....my wife has already commented on the fact that I havent been yelling at the TV as much. I would love to see Allen beat the Pats and make that a statement game. Would be a great Xmas gift.