win the next 3 games ?

Cygnus99

7 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Do you think we will win the last 3 games ? knowing the Bills that could happen . I would not be surprised . Meaningless games ? lose out for a better draft pick or use the 3 games as preseason for 2019 ? 

We just blew a win at home against a very bad football team...I vote no.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

this is the NFL

i wouldn't have commanded the best year of the Jim Kelly Era win 3 in a row

We literally ask this same question every week. The only difference to the OP is the number of games left. "Is it better to win X meaningless games left on our schedule or have some sweet sweet losses for that next best player ever?"

I don't know or care. The lockerroom and coach play to win.. maybe the GM prefers a loss. We can simply watch and hope to have fun on Sunday.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

We play the Packers, Texans, and Pats, we are not winning

another game.

If the Pats playoff position is locked in, they tank the last game by resting the starters & screw the Jets draft. Win-Win for NE. 

5 hours ago, RevWarRifleman said:

May attitude has been that you always go into a game to win. The franchise has had enough losing over the decades as it is. Moreover, to build a "culture" of winning,

by having an attitude that you're going to win is part of all that. Getting all involved in that Harry High school horsedoo about draft position next spring and this vs that

is a waste of time!  

Half these guys won't even be on the team.  There were players on the Super Bowl teams who hated losing because they lost so many games in the mid 1980s.  This building a culture of winning by winning games when you still finish under .500 is BS. 

8 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Do you think we will win the last 3 games ? knowing the Bills that could happen . I would not be surprised . Meaningless games ? lose out for a better draft pick or use the 3 games as preseason for 2019 ? 

We're not beating New England so there's 1 loss right there.

The team will try to win, I would prefer losses, but with consistent improvement from Josh Allen.

In a few weeks this season will be over for us, and all that we will have to show for the entirety of it is a cleared out salary cap, Josh Allen's hoped for improvement, and a high draft slot in 2019.

8 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Here are the things that are CERTAIN:

1. Bills will 100% TRY and WIN the remaining three games.  
  2. They SHOULD TRY and win all three games, you don't build a new culture around your young players by throwing games. 

However, they probably dont win all 3.  I won't ever be mad if they win, especially with us being a young team and them learning how to win. However, my personal preference is to see Allen keep learning and growing while losing close games to better our draft slot.  I will never ever root for them to lose, but if you ask me and most Bills fan, the best outcome for the long term success of the team is to draft as high as possible this year.  

For instance, when the Jets scored the go ahead TD, my thoughts were good.  Gives Josh a chance to get more late game experience needing to drive to win for him to learn from, and if he doesn't succeed it helps our draft slot.  Why anyone cares about winning right now is puzzling to me.  Literally the  only thing that matters is that Josh continues to develop.  He will learn from the failures and mistakes as much as he will from the successes out there.  

So keep the games fun, lose close games, and lets build around this kid to really seriously contend for the division crown next year.  In all honesty, I really do fully expect to win the division next year.  Our defense is already good enough for that, and Allen's convinced me that he is not only the right guy, but will make big strides next year once we improve what's around him on the offense.  

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If the Pats playoff position is locked in, they tank the last game by resting the starters & screw the Jets draft. Win-Win for NE. 

Half these guys won't even be on the team.  There were players on the Super Bowl teams who hated losing because they lost so many games in the mid 1980s.  This building a culture of winning by winning games when you still finish under .500 is BS. 

That’s the point, the seed isn’t locked in, they want the 2nd seed, so therefore will be playing to win.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Also, the Texans play the Jets, Eagles and Jags, that’s at least two wins. While the Pats play Pittsburgh, Bills and Jets. It’s possible they lose one of those. They will be playing all 3 to win.

10 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

The last three games must not be for anything else but for next year. It must be preseason time again...

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

Just beat the Cheaters and hopefully negatively impact their chances for seeding and home field.  Hopefully game will mean something for that, and they will have to play their starters, and we can physically beat the crap out of some of their top players 

Start with Brady, then Gronk, then Michel, then Gilmore.

10 hours ago, AllenWillBust said:

I'm wondering, how could you possibly think this?  No, they will not win the next 3 games.  The best thing for them would be to lose all 3.  They have a real chance here to finish in the top 5 without trading up. If you want a bunch of linemen to continue the Josh Allen experiment, you get a top 5 pick, trade down with a QB desperate team and pick your O-Linemen later in the first and subsequent rounds.

Your profile picture is odd. I'm surprised that Josh Allen would willingly hold up a jersey with that name on the back.

they'll finish 4-12 following a 5 game losing streak to end the season.

one can only hope they manage to put a contender out on the field next season? with the cheap shots yesterday and no calls along with the way the league has become with the refs/penalties/bad calls, I'm not sure I can tolerate the nfl anymore.

11 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

No I want to see them finish on a high note.  I also want to see the beat the Pats and Phins.  Division games are never meaningless.

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beating the Pats* is always a priority.

and NEVER happens.   Since that first game with Bledsoe against Brady the Bill have won one game when Brady started and finished (in a meaningful game).  Sure it would be great if it happened but dont hold your breath.

Would be a certain irony if the last game determines Miami's chance for the playoffs.  Last season the Bills last game was in Miami which they won to make the playoffs, this could be pay back one way or the other. 

But overall wouldn't be unhappy with 3 losses.  The Detroit game may be the most winnable of the three.

Of course I hope we win out, but I’d be happy just to see the team go out playing to the very best of their ability, and let the chips fall where they may.

JMO

14 hours ago, AllenWillBust said:

I'm wondering, how could you possibly think this?  No, they will not win the next 3 games.  The best thing for them would be to lose all 3.  They have a real chance here to finish in the top 5 without trading up. If you want a bunch of linemen to continue the Josh Allen experiment, you get a top 5 pick, trade down with a QB desperate team and pick your O-Linemen later in the first and subsequent rounds.

OK, troll, reel me in.

You feelin pretty confident about that screen name, or just ignorant?

Please, just go away.