win the next 3 games ?

Cygnus99

Do you think we will win the last 3 games ? knowing the Bills that could happen . I would not be surprised . Meaningless games ? lose out for a better draft pick or use the 3 games as preseason for 2019 ? 

Edited by Cygnus99

I'm wondering, how could you possibly think this?  No, they will not win the next 3 games.  The best thing for them would be to lose all 3.  They have a real chance here to finish in the top 5 without trading up. If you want a bunch of linemen to continue the Josh Allen experiment, you get a top 5 pick, trade down with a QB desperate team and pick your O-Linemen later in the first and subsequent rounds.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I always root for the Bills to win but I wouldn't be too disappointed if they lost the last three.

As you said, though, they always seem to win a meaningless game or two at the end of the season to hurt their draft position.  Despite the franchise history of poor and mediocre play, they have had the first pick in the NFL draft only 4 times in the 53 years there has been only the NFL Draft (no AFL), with the last being the Bruce Smith pick in 1985.

This is another  "no win" situation.  No matter what we do, we'll be seen as playing for draft position.  That's OK except our draft success record is so uneven that we can't look to the draft to solve all our problems.  So, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I totally support using the next 3 games to watch players, victories are meaningless and certainly could do more long term harm to the future success.  (see 2010 season, could have had first pick and drafted Cam, instead we went 4-4 in final 8 games, drafted Dareus)   I know posted will disagree with me but there is no evidence that late season victories do anything for a team the following year.  This team is void of talent and why not put yourself in the best position to get the talent you covet.

56 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

I'm wondering, how could you possibly think this?  No, they will not win the next 3 games.  The best thing for them would be to lose all 3.  They have a real chance here to finish in the top 5 without trading up. If you want a bunch of linemen to continue the Josh Allen experiment, you get a top 5 pick, trade down with a QB desperate team and pick your O-Linemen later in the first and subsequent rounds.

Sad to say this is the best long-term scenario at this point.  It's more likely they lose the last 3 games.  If the Jets, Jags, and Falcons can win 1 more game each we'd drop into the #4 spot.  Trading back, assuming they can find a partner, and swapping 1st's along with getting several additional picks.  And while it's way too early to think of draft specifics I don't want to see them trading up to get one guy.  We need help in too many places for that approach to be in play.  In another topic somebody posted that nobody on the Bills offense would start for any other team, maybe with the exception of Dawkins, and that is probably true and really pathetic. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 hour ago, Cygnus99 said:

Do you think we will win the last 3 games ? knowing the Bills that could happen . I would not be surprised . Meaningless games ? lose out for a better draft pick or use the 3 games as preseason for 2019 ? 

4-9, who care if they win the next 3 games or not.

I'll be looking for competent coaching decisions and if our QB keeps growing.

Edited by pop gun

8 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Frees up my weekend for happier times with friends and family.  Don’t really care anymore at this point.  Sabres are sucking which is great as a Habs fan I’ll take it.  

Good. 

Why don’t you start by getting the ***** out of here?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just beat the Cheaters and hopefully negatively impact their chances for seeding and home field.  Hopefully game will mean something for that, and they will have to play their starters, and we can physically beat the crap out of some of their top players 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sad to say this is the best long-term scenario at this point.  It's more likely they lose the last 3 games.  If the Jets, Jags, and Falcons can win 1 more game each we'd drop into the #4 spot.  Trading back, assuming they can find a partner, and swapping 1st's along with getting several additional picks.  And while it's way too early to think of draft specifics I don't want to see them trading up to get one guy.  We need help in too many places for that approach to be in play.  In another topic somebody posted that nobody on the Bills offense would start for any other team, maybe with the exception of Dawkins, and that is probably true and really pathetic. 

We play the Packers, Texans, and Pats, we are not winning

another game.

• Sad 1

We probably win one out of the three. I'd give 50/50 odds against both the Lions and the Dolphins. Chances of beating NE in Foxboro when they're fighting for a good playoff seed are ... C'mon, man.

• Haha (+1) 1