Give Barkley the start next week?

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

Every other moment of his career doesn't give you and I quote serious overall doubts about Barkley?

Has any team given him a real chance?

The Eagles drafted him in the 4th round so they were never invested in him and don't think he was given a chance.

I believe he started 6 games in Chicago for a terrible Bears team and he did have multiple 300 yard passing games.

7 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Why do we need to let Allen finish the season?

cuz common sense

Are you just saying that because the organization has so much invested in him? 

YES

Allen is no doubt a dynamite RUNNER, but I have serious doubts about him as complete overall quarterback.

Makes me like Allen even more.....

What if Barkley is the superior player? Should he just continue to sit on the bench after he tore it up against the Jets? 

So sir Barkley is something no other talent evaluator who let him sit as a street free agent knew about?   We however do NOT know what Allen is going to be.

Take a lap

1 minute ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

The Eagles drafted him in the 4th round so they were never invested in him and don't think he was given a chance.

I believe he started 6 games in Chicago for a terrible Bears team and he did have multiple 300 yard passing games.

You never draft a QB and are not invested in their success.......come on man

Just now, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

So he was a 4th rounder despite playing at a QB factory? And has always played like it, except for 4 Qtrs, in 5 seasons. 4th rounders don't get shots for a reason 

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

cuz common sense

YES

So sir Barkley is something no other talent evaluator who let him sit as a street free agent knew about?   We however do NOT know what Allen is going to be.

You never draft a QB and are not invested in their success.......come on man

Thanks John, you saved me a lot of typing.

One more thing.  I'm about 90% sure that Barkley will sign a contract right after the season and be at camp next year.

More evaluation of him will be done there.

39 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Allen is no doubt a dynamite RUNNER, but I have serious doubts about him as complete overall quarterback. What if Barkley is the superior player? Should he just continue to sit on the bench after he tore it up against the Jets? 

What does playing Barkely add to the team?   I preferred Allen sit his rookie season but now that he's in let him play.  Hes done enough to hold his spot as starting Qb.  I'm hoping he starts to throw more and run less.  This season is about getting our young guys reps.

1 hour ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

For you guys supporting Allen can you explain to me how a 50% completion rate, two INT's and a 44.4 QB rating is a positive?

Barkley tore it up against the Jets and we beat them by like 40 points. Also, keep in mind that was after we signed him off the street.

Imagine what he would with more time to practice and know the playbook.

The whole point is to give Allen as much playing time as possible so he can improve. Barkley is a journeyman QB who has already demonstrated his ability to play in this league, and it isn't good enough to consistently win games.

That's why.

1 hour ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Allen is no doubt a dynamite RUNNER, but I have serious doubts about him as complete overall quarterback. What if Barkley is the superior player? Should he just continue to sit on the bench after he tore it up against the Jets? 

I'll save you the suspense.  He's not.  Barkley had an 8 for 18 TD to INT ratio before that Jets game and our o-line happened to have the best game of the season that day.  There's a reason he's a career backup and a 4th round pick.

Josh Allen's QBR which is a much better indicator of his play than passer rating since his return was 80.7, 84.8, and 73.8.  Pretty good considering our o-line struggles with pass protection, a less than stellar running game, and our TE's and WR's have trouble catching the ball.  This game was on the Special Teams and our defense not being able to close the deal.  You have to play the rookie and give him as much game experience as possible.

53 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

What does playing Barkely add to the team?   I preferred Allen sit his rookie season but now that he's in let him play.  Hes done enough to hold his spot as starting Qb.  I'm hoping he starts to throw more and run less.  This season is about getting our young guys reps.

What does he add to the team?

In the one game he's played this year - 232 yards passing, 2 TD's and 0 Int's, and  a 117.4 QB rating.