Give Barkley the start next week?

I know I'm probably in the minority but anyone else wanna see Barkley start next week?

I think he's a far superior passer than Allen. I really would like to see him start again to see if his performance against the Jets a few weeks ago was a fluke or if he has real potential as a starter in this league.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority but anyone else wanna see Barkley start next week?

I think he's a far superior passer than Allen. I really would like to see him start again to see if his performance against the Jets a few weeks ago was a fluke or if he has real potential as a starter in this league.

Where do you ppl come from?

For you guys supporting Allen can you explain to me how a 50% completion rate, two INT's and a 44.4 QB rating is a positive?

Barkley tore it up against the Jets and we beat them by like 40 points. Also, keep in mind that was after we signed him off the street.

Imagine what he would with more time to practice and know the playbook.

Just now, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

For you guys supporting Allen can you explain to me how a 50% completion rate, two INT's and a 44.4 QB rating is a positive?

Barkley tore it up against the Jets and we beat them by like 40 points. Also, keep in mind that was after we signed him off the street.

I could explain this....but you are from space so you will not understand sir.

1 minute ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

No one can tak you seriously with that screen name 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DallasMac said:

I liked the Barkley pickup.  He played a good game and I'd have no problem with bringing him in as the number 2 next year.  But he threw a cpl passes that couldve been picked.  At this point it's Allen all day.  He's the guy 

Well cuz you know Barkley will somehow get us to the playoffs this year lol

We are now playing for draft position.....as we should be.   We are not intentionally losing but it is now about the young guys.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Did you watch the game.  He put up a few passes that couldve easily been picked but they weren't.  I like Barkely but at this point we need to let Allen finish the season.  

21 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

We are up to six that need group theropy.

12 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

Did you watch the game.  He put up a few passes that couldve easily been picked but they weren't.  I like Barkely but at this point we need to let Allen finish the season.  

Why do we need to let Allen finish the season?

Are you just saying that because the organization has so much invested in him? 

Allen is no doubt a dynamite RUNNER, but I have serious doubts about him as complete overall quarterback. What if Barkley is the superior player? Should he just continue to sit on the bench after he tore it up against the Jets? 

Edited by RosenNOTchosen1

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m not proposing starting Barkley next week or against the Patriots the following week

But any takers for Week 17?

I say he can start week 18

24 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Maybe all the other years he played were a fluke and he is the second coming of Jim Kelly.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I say he can start week 18

I think the playoffs are out of reach after today...

But seriously why not give Barkley a second look in the final game this season?

Edit- purely from the standpoint of assessing him as a longer term backup 

Edited by Aussie Joe

20 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Do I need to break out Peyton Mannings Rookie stats again.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Why do we need to let Allen finish the season?

Are you just saying that because the organization has so much invested in him? 

Allen is no doubt a dynamite RUNNER, but I have serious doubts about him as complete overall quarterback. What if Barkley is the superior player? Should he just continue to sit on the bench after he tore it up against the Jets? 

Every other moment of his career doesn't give you and I quote serious overall doubts about Barkley?