Week 15: Lions Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with McCoy and Ivory Out

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tank for what franchise changing player? 

Tank for position!  Lets say we end up with draft slot #4.  We are in a power position.  Justin Hebert and Dwane Haskins are both going top 10 IMO.  And with tulip mania for QBs, some team will give a fortune to secure one of those 2 QBs.  The Gmen(currently 9) and Jags(7) most likely are drafting a QB in 1st.  There is a slight drop off after Haskins and Hebert.  So any team that wants to leapfrog ahead will have to pay a steep price(Josh Allen, Trubiski, etc) and we would be in an action position.  We traded 12, 53, 56 to move up to 7.  By example, dropping to 12 we might still be able to draft Metcalf and have two additional second rounders.  And that is a move to 7- how much more expensive would a move to 4 be? Bosa, Quinnen, and Oliver seem like locks for top 3.  4 pick would be hot commodity 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Tank for position!  Lets say we end up with draft slot #4.  We are in a power position.  Justin Hebert and Dwane Haskins are both going top 10 IMO.  And with tulip mania for QBs, some team will give a fortune to secure one of those 2 QBs.  The Gmen(currently 9) and Jags(7) most likely are drafting a QB in 1st.  There is a slight drop off after Haskins and Hebert.  So any team that wants to leapfrog ahead will have to pay a steep price(Josh Allen, Trubiski, etc) and we would be in an action position.  We traded 12, 53, 56 to move up to 7.  By example, dropping to 12 we might still be able to draft Metcalf and have two additional second rounders.  And that is a move to 7- how much more expensive would a move to 4 be? Bosa, Quinnen, and Oliver seem like locks for top 3.  4 pick would be hot commodity 

Sounds good theoretically, but the team won't intentionally lose. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sounds good theoretically, but the team won't intentionally lose. 

These Bills never quit.  But they have the worst offensive line and WRs in NFL IMO. Murphy is our only healthy RB.  We just lost Milano.  Detroit beat New England.  So did Miami.  We play all 3 and have a good shot at going 0-3.  But Buffalo continually astounds me with the occasional Vikes game.  It's confounding.  Detroit is their best shot for a win this season IMO

Edited by Pete

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

Tank-Tank-Tank!  0-3 sounds good to me.  Take a page out of Sabres book, tank to close out this year, then win 10 in a row next year.  A loss to Detroit is a great beginning.  Our D is close.  We have our QB.  Foster is coming around.  Lets tank, get some impact players, and contend next season.  Sing it with me- T-A-N-K! TANK! TANK! TANK!

Why?

What's the point of this?

I'm not going to be crazy upset if we lose our next 3 games and lose them the same way we lost the last couple weeks.

But if we lose our last 3 games the way we lost to Baltimore, Indy and the Bears, I'm going to be seriously concerned.

This Sunday's game the game I'd choose of our remaining 3 that I'm most okay with losing. 

I really, really wanna see the Bills play a little bit of spoiler to the Pats and Dolphins.  These last 3 weeks are still about the growth of Allen primarily, along with some of our younger guys like Edmunds and Foster.

If we win our next 3 and those young guys look good, who cares about the 5 or 6 draft spots it'll cost us?  We aren't drafting a QB in the 1st round this year, so draft positioning just doesn't matter all that much.  Plus, isn't this a really top-heavy draft for Defense?  Yeah, I don't think we're focusing on the defense much this offseason.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

These Bills never quit.  But they have the worst offensive line and WRs in NFL IMO. Murphy is our only healthy RB.  We just lost Milano.  Detroit beat New England.  So did Miami.  We play all 3 and have a good shot at going 0-3.  But Buffalo continually astounds me with the occasional Vikes game.  It's confounding.  Detroit is their best shot for a win this season IMO

No doubt, but they'll certainly try to win. 

KEY QUESTIONS: Are there any injury updates from Sunday's game?

zvxdvrtvu4b63ajbdwmd.jpg

Lions head coach Matt Patricia spoke to the media Monday a day after the Lions won in Arizona for the first time since 1993 by beating the Cardinals 17-3 Sunday.

The Lions kicked off the final quarter of their season on a good note, but did suffer some key injuries in the win.

Here are all the key questions from Patricia’s Monday press conference:

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

IR Shady and call up Ford and let’s see what we have at RB. Let Ford and Murphy be the RBs for the last 3 meaningless games

McCoy is day-to-day so there's no reason for them to do this.  They also have roster spots they could use for Milano and Taron Johnson. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McCoy is day-to-day so there's no reason for them to do this.  They also have roster spots they could use for Milano and Taron Johnson. 

There is nothing left to see from Shady. There is not a single reason left to play McCoy another down in 2018. Ice up and hope this year was just a bad season. Not the end of a great career. McCoy looks completely finished and it’s sad to see. Save the misery. Put him out for the rest of this year and see what the young guys have. No argument will ever convince me to put McCoy back in. We are out. He is banged up. He has done nothing but struggle...End it. Murphy and Ford. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is nothing left to see from Shady. There is not a single reason left to play McCoy another down in 2018. Ice up and hope this year was just a bad season. Not the end of a great career. McCoy looks completely finished and it’s sad to see. Save the misery. Put him out for the rest of this year and see what the young guys have. No argument will ever convince me to put McCoy back in. We are out. He is banged up. He has done nothing but struggle...End it. Murphy and Ford. 

Okay. If he had a season ending injury then sure, but that's not the case. You're also the one who wanted to see Barkley continue to play and had a focus on playoff scenarios these past couple of weeks.  Murphy is a decent complementary back at 27 years old who can be a change of pace guy and Ford looks like a try hard fringe guy.  Ford might actually get some snaps in these last few weeks, but McCoy is in the plans for 2019 as far as we know. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Okay. If he had a season ending injury then sure, but that's not the case. You're also the one who wanted to see Barkley continue to play and had a focus on playoff scenarios these past couple of weeks.  Murphy is a decent complementary back at 27 years old who can be a change of pace guy and Ford looks like a try hard fringe guy.  Ford might actually get some snaps in these last few weeks, but McCoy is in the plans for 2019 as far as we know. 

The season is over. Play as many young guys as possible now. I wanted Barkley to play when we still had a chance. And looking bad, we absolutely still had a shot. That’s over now. Play Ford and Murphy. If they aren’t good enough, we need to draft a RB. Nothing left to see with Shady

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The season is over. Play as many young guys as possible now. I wanted Barkley to play when we still had a chance. And looking bad, we absolutely still had a shot. That’s over now. Play Ford and Murphy. If they aren’t good enough, we need to draft a RB. Nothing left to see with Shady

They knew better than to play a journeyman fringe NFL QB and they had no realistic shot.  Whatever McCoy is, he's a better player than either Ford or Murphy.  RB most definitely shouldn't be a priority over OL, WR, CB, or DL. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They knew better than to play a journeyman fringe NFL QB and they had no realistic shot.  Whatever McCoy is, he's a better player than either Ford or Murphy.  RB most definitely shouldn't be a priority over OL, WR, CB, or DL. 

The way this team has run the ball this year is pathetic and it will absolutely be a priority of this team going forward. The worst thing you can do with Allen is voluntarily let teams make us one dimensional. We will address the position wether people want to or not.  Might as well see if we have a solution in house

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The way this team has run the ball this year is pathetic and it will absolutely be a priority of this team going forward. The worst thing you can do with Allen is voluntarily let teams make us one dimensional. We will address the position wether people want to or not.  Might as well see if we have a solution in house

The biggest source of the problem with the running game is the OL and they aren't much better as pass-pro.  It's pretty evident on film. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 15: Lions Game Preparation - Bills Favored by 2 to 2.5 Points
2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Quick Hits: Making up for the loss of Matt Milano

sn9hcrkbtysrux01qzhf.jpg

The Bills lost one of their top playmakers on defense Sunday when Matt Milano suffered a broken fibula that required surgery on Monday. Replacing him as a three-down player won’t be easy for the team’s final three games.

“The good part is Matt did a really good job. I thought he really grew this year. We’ll miss him. We look forward to getting him back in the offseason,” said head coach Sean McDermott. “(Replacing him) will be by committee. We’re still working through that. We’ve got certainly Lorenzo (Alexander) could fill that role and some other guys with respect to Deon (Lacey) and Corey (Thompson) and potentially Julian (Stanford). So we’re still going to work through that.”

McCoy and Ivory are day to day LeSean McCoy and Chris Ivory were two other casualties in Sunday’s loss to the Jets. McCoy left the game after just a few plays with a hamstring injury. Chris Ivory left in the second half with a shoulder injury after landing on it with all his body weight at the end of a running play.

Both are listed as day-to-day.