Week 15: Lions Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with McCoy and Ivory Out

26CornerBlitz

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d let Ford and Murphy be the RBs for the last 3 games

...why the hell not?.....Murphy has shown up....Ford looked good in pre-season.......of course Shady is solely a victim of a disastrous OL.....just can't figure out why 31 GM's were not lined up at OBD inquiring about a trade deal with his $12.5 mil tariff as the highly critical "TBD pundits" have advocated, saying McBeane "blew it"?....not a chance that their "crystal bawls" saw his 2018 production coming.....

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In other words you want Allen to get killed on blitzes.

No clue. No idea how ford blocks. For all you or I know he could be a better blocker then Shady.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why the hell not?.....Murphy has shown up....Ford looked good in pre-season.......of course Shady is solely a victim of a disastrous OL.....just can't figure out why 31 GM's were not lined up at OBD inquiring about a trade deal with his $12.5 mil tariff as the highly critical "TBD pundits" have advocated, saying McBeane "blew it"?....not a chance that their "crystal bawls" saw his 2018 production coming.....

There is no reason. Not a single reason in existence to shelf Shady. Ivory can be dressed but as a 3 or in an emergency. It’s badically live speed preseason. Let’s see the young guys

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No clue. No idea how ford blocks. For all you or I know he could be a better blocker then Shady.

There is no reason. Not a single reason in existence to shelf Shady. Ivory can be dressed but as a 3 or in an emergency. It’s badically live speed preseason. Let’s see the young guys

...I agree......roll the dice and see if you can end up with Murphy-Ford-Ivory being the next Thurmal-Davis-Gardner trio.....they didn't do too bad.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bingo!  The one thing I noticed watching last weeks Jets game is how poorly Ivory & Murphy pass blocked.  Shady can read defenses and has a sense for whose coming on the blitz.  His ability to pick these defenders up is critical to giving Allen that extra second in the pocket to hit a play downfield. 

If McCoy can go he should definitely play.  He remains by far Buffalo's most dangerous receiver out of the back field and his blitz pickup is heads & tails better then the other RB's. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Murphy struggles with pass pro and blitz recognition.  I sure as hell wouldn't trust him and Ford to make sure my franchise QB doesn't get blind sided in the pocket.  Shouldn't you be thinking of critical facets of the game before talking about who should play with Allen?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I appreciate your point, but I doubt they can be much worse then Shady in the blitz pickup department. He’s terrible.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Murphy struggles with pass pro and blitz recognition.  I sure as hell wouldn't trust him and Ford to make sure my franchise QB doesn't get blind sided in the pocket.  Shouldn't you be thinking of critical facets of the game before talking about who should play with Allen?

I’m not concerned. My guess is the coaches are smart enough to consider that. We also still have Demarco if it got real sideways. Allen plays like a maniac anyway. If you are worried about him getting hurt, get over it. It’s going to happen. He runs to much and takes on hits on purpose. I’d start Ford and give him the majority of the load with Murphy sprinkled in.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not concerned. My guess is the coaches are smart enough to consider that. We also still have Demarco if it got real sideways. Allen plays like a maniac anyway. If you are worried about him getting hurt, get over it. It’s going to happen. He runs to much and takes on hits on purpose. I’d start Ford and give him the majority of the load with Murphy sprinkled in.

That would be unwise and I doubt it happens if unless McCoy and Ivory are unavailable. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would be unwise and I doubt it happens if unless McCoy and Ivory are unavailable. 

I just don’t agree with you. I think playing McCoy is pointless and I’m not going to come off it. The reality is they should have traded him at the deadline and they didn’t. I didn’t want him traded but I was wrong. Now they have 3 meaningless games to see if they have a RB for 2019 on the roster. It really is that simple. The running game is the single most disappointing thing about 2018 and it’s time to look towards the future. Start now before the draft. Maybe we won’t need to waste a pick.

If this is a rebuild and everyone was just signing up for pissing away an entire season, then let’s go. Nobody wanted to hear it when a few of us wanted to play Barkley and string together wins. It’s all about the future and the young guys...let’s see Ford and Murphy.

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just don’t agree with you. I think playing McCoy is pointless and I’m not going to come off it. The reality is they should have traded him at the deadline and they didn’t. I didn’t want him traded but I was wrong. Now they have 3 meaningless games to see if they have a RB for 2019 on the roster. It really is that simple. The running game is the single most disappointing thing about 2018 and it’s time to look towards the future. Start now before the draft. Maybe we won’t need to waste a pick.

If this is a rebuild and everyone was just signing up for pissing away an entire season, then let’s go. Nobody wanted to hear it when a few of us wanted to play Barkley and string together wins. It’s all about the future and the young guys...let’s see Ford and Murphy.

start whomever helps allen the most. blitz pickups, good hands out of the backfield, moving the chains.... that's what should really matter. and IMO that's not ford. 

I see your points. I respectfully disagree.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

start whomever helps allen the most.... that's what should really matter. 

If you have been watching this year it would be hard to think that’s Mccoy. And he is my favorite player on the team. I’m just being honest. He looks completely finished. It’s senseless to even bother playing him if he’s less then 100% healthy

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Murphy is 28 years old and Ford might be a serviceable back. The running game is awful because the talent on the OL is so bad.  Putting Ford and Murphy in as the primarty ball carriers won't make it any better and I am much more concerned about the duties in pass protection for Allen since he's by far the most important player on the team. You were wrong about Barkley and you are here as well. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If you have been watching this year it would be hard to think that’s Mccoy. And he is my favorite player on the team. I’m just being honest. He looks completely finished. It’s senseless to even bother playing him if he’s less then 100% healthy

blitz pickups, good hands out of the backfield, short yardage to move the chains(ivory)……. whomever they think can do that is who should play IMO.

all that stuff helps the qb stay out on the field. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty