THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - “No Review This Week”

Shaw66

“No Review This Week”

I didn’t see the game.   I followed a lot of the game on Gamecast. 

I have one reaction:  I have no idea who played well and who didn’t; I have no idea whether there were bad calls.  I have no idea what kind of decisions McDermott made on the sideline.  What I do know is the Bills have now lost two games in a row by failing to make plays to win the game.  Didn’t make the plays against the Dolphins, and didn’t make the plays against the Jets.

I can only speculate about it.  It’s some combination of player talent and coaching.  I’d guess mostly coaching.  McDermott talks a good game, but I’m not sure how good he is at getting his team ready for anything that could happen. 

Whatever the reason, this team needs to learn how to close out games.  McDermott and the players have to learn.  That’s what good teams do.  Or maybe not; maybe it’s just that you win some (Titans, Jags) and you lose some (Texans, Dolphins, Jets).   

I’ll be at New Era next week, and I’m sure I’ll have more to say.

GO BILLS!!!

The Rockpile Review is written to share the passion we have for the Buffalo Bills. That passion was born in the Rockpile; its parents were everyday people of western New York who translated their dedication to a full day’s hard work and simple pleasures into love for a pro football team.

Thanks for the insight and reviews. The Jets wanted it more yesterday, on plays where effort were an expression of who wanted to win more....The Jets got the advantage. It's going to be a nasty series between these two....The Jets were pissed from the last game and took any shot available (Allen, Hauska, etc.). The Special Teams are pathetic.....They make the routine play look like an adventure. The refs....Are the refs (The training staff may need to invest in a body bag....For Allen). Oh, the receivers still can't catch. 

8 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

“No Review This Week”

I didn’t see the game.   I followed a lot of the game on Gamecast. 

I have one reaction:  I have no idea who played well and who didn’t; I have no idea whether there were bad calls.  I have no idea what kind of decisions McDermott made on the sideline.  What I do know is the Bills have now lost two games in a row by failing to make plays to win the game.  Didn’t make the plays against the Dolphins, and didn’t make the plays against the Jets.

I can only speculate about it.  It’s some combination of player talent and coaching.  I’d guess mostly coaching.  McDermott talks a good game, but I’m not sure how good he is at getting his team ready for anything that could happen. 

Whatever the reason, this team needs to learn how to close out games.  McDermott and the players have to learn.  That’s what good teams do.  Or maybe not; maybe it’s just that you win some (Titans, Jags) and you lose some (Texans, Dolphins, Jets).   

I’ll be at New Era next week, and I’m sure I’ll have more to say.

GO BILLS!!!

The Rockpile Review is written to share the passion we have for the Buffalo Bills. That passion was born in the Rockpile; its parents were everyday people of western New York who translated their dedication to a full day’s hard work and simple pleasures into love for a pro football team.

Actually I have a different perspective.  The Bills did "fail to make plays to win the game", true.

But why were they in that position in the first place?  For the 2nd week in a row, Special Teams crap put us in a hole the D needed to rescue us from and the O needed to cover.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually I have a different perspective.  The Bills did "fail to make plays to win the game", true.

But why were they in that position in the first place?  For the 2nd week in a row, Special Teams crap put us in a hole the D needed to rescue us from and the O needed to cover.

Absolutely. Unbelievably bad yesterday, with SH injured to boot. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Come on Shaw, watch the game on rewind.

This sounds like one of those 'The dog ate my homework threads

Geeeez

I actually have only one old VCR in the house.  I never re or anything.  I don't thing I subscribe to anything where replays are available.  I know that's at least a little weird.  

I think I think of games as events when they're live and history after that.  

Anyway, I haven't seen the game and don't expect I will. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not having seen the game, I really can't comment.  Sounds right. Thanks.

However, regardless of why the game is close at the end, good teams find ways to win close games.  Among a variety of things keeping the Bills from being a good team is an inability to finish. 

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I actually have only one old VCR in the house.  I never re or anything.  I don't thing I subscribe to anything where replays are available.  I know that's at least a little weird.  

I think I think of games as events when they're live and history after that.  

Anyway, I haven't seen the game and don't expect I will. 

You don't want to watch a previously lost Bills game.

It's even worse than watching a live Bills - Patriots game.

At least with the live Patriots game you can pretend the Bills have a chance to win.

Don't do it Shaw! Go outside and breathe free air! Paint a picture. Sing a song! Live Shaw Live!!

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You don't want to watch a previously lost Bills game.

It's even worse than watching a live Bills - Patriots game.

At least with the live Patriots game you can pretend the Bills have a chance to win.

Don't do it Shaw! Go outside and breathe free air! Paint a picture. Sing a song! Live Shaw Live!!

That pretty much captures it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I watched. I thought two players struggled in particular- Edmunds and Dawkins. Allen wasn't as sharp as he could have been, White was very clearly (and very strangely) picked on and abused in a couple very important spots, and special teams probably cost the game. Overall I though the Bills were the better team, the result did not surprise me after seeing things unfold over four quarters, and it seemed like a step backwards in losing as much as I thought the Miami game was a step forward. 

I don't get how you blame McDermott for these last two losses. The Bills were in position to win the game. At that point, it's up to the players to make the play.

The Jets made the plays when it counted. Are you giving credit to Todd Bowles for that? Are you really?

Also...special team...wtf.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It comes down to Frazier not finding a way to get pressure on a rookie QB!..zero sacks and zero hits on darnold...should have dialed up the blitz and kept on coming after him..the Jets threw everything Inc the kitchen sink at Allen and made him uncomfortable..Frazier is highly overrated by this fan base and I don't know why....his retread cover 2 defense has seen it's best days decades ago...we need an attacking defense..instead we have a scared defense who is always afraid to give up the big play

Lots of folks pointing the finger everywhere but Allen.

3 turnovers and a head scratching, bad INT at "drive down the field and win the game" time.

In 2017, teams that turned the ball over 3 times won 18% of their games.