Offensive Line Struggles

wppete

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Pathetic today.  Even Dawkins was sloppy.  Going to have to pay some major attention to this position group in the offseason.

Dawkins IS sloppy.  He leads the team in penalties and has given up 6+ sacks.  Move him to guard, get 2 new tackles and a center and call it a day.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dawkins IS sloppy.  He leads the team in penalties and has given up 6+ sacks.  Move him to guard, get 2 new tackles and a center and call it a day.

I didnt realize that Dawkins led in penalties.

I will say that as of right this moment he is no Cordy Glenn....but I DO think he is a talented player and I think he would be a very good OG

I wish there was a way I could get both a top OT AND DJ Metcalf in this draft

• Like (+1) 1

No Cordy Glenn.  No Eric Wood.  No Richie Incognito.  Take the three best O linemen away and replace them with a young Dawkins, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and bad things are gonna happen.

When we lost Wood and Incognito, this season immediately became about getting Allen experience, and not expecting to win much.  A crappy record this year?  Fine.  It means we don't have to give up second round picks to elevate in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I didnt realize that Dawkins led in penalties.

I will say that as of right this moment he is no Cordy Glenn....but I DO think he is a talented player and I think he would be a very good OG

I wish there was a way I could get both a top OT AND DJ Metcalf in this draft

Would be ideal, no question 

14 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm open to moving Dawkins to G and drafting a few Ts at this point. We're in a good position for Jonah Williams with that #1 pick, plug him in at LT.

I'm also not convinced that DD is incapable of playing RT because of a couple of early rookie games.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Pathetic today.  Even Dawkins was sloppy.  Going to have to pay some major attention to this position group in the offseason.

Dawkins, ahem cordy project 2.0, has been pretty lackluster, he is just the best on a terrible line. Groy has been a diappointment. I am glad Ducasse finally is where he belongs. John Miller is as he was before, ok on run abysmal on pass. And Mills, he just keeps not being replaced. We DEFINITELY need a guard center and RT. If they would just move Dawkins to guard we would need a LT in lieu of the guard. We need to know what the scheme is, are we going to zone or power run. We have a mishmash of different philosophies they need to sort through 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm also not convinced that DD is incapable of playing RT because of a couple of early rookie games.

If he goes to G I think it would help us more. If we draft a LT and RT we upgrade 3 OL positions with 2 picks. Dawkins would be an All Pro LG. Sign a center in free agency and we're doing ok.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If he goes to G I think it would help us more. If we draft a LT and RT we upgrade 3 OL positions with 2 picks. Dawkins would be an All Pro LG. Sign a center in free agency and we're doing ok.

I'm just giving more options.  No one can say what will happen in FA.  Plus 2 rookie tackles is a little risky.

Beane can't go to the draft needing that.  He has to get a mid level T in FA.

IMO

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Bring Mills back on a 1yr deal. Draft a RT RDS 2-3.

Once again, maybe.  Mills is in his prime (27) and will have started over 80 games.

Somebody will probably sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal.

Like I've said there is just too many IFs.  But it does start with who the Bills start to re-sign.