Sensing a trend in the game's top performers last three weeks

captjohnston

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

He is also being put out on designed runs and that stupid throw to him in the end zone....Daboll is exposing him to hits and injury

He actually was not the same after that end zone catch thing...and came limping back to the huddle on that one......he was taking shot after late shot from the jets and stopped running in the 2nd half that affected his game.

He needs to run when he goes through his read and slide to avoid hits.....he IS running too much.

I agree the stupid philly special was a really dumb call.... You cant really blame Allen for that, thats on Daboll.

I believe Beane will get us the Olinemen, TE, RB and WR's for us to compete via FA and the draft.

I believe that McD will continue to get good effort from his players and have this team playing more disciplined football and better red zone D.

I believe that special teams will get better next year.

I believe Josh Allen will have a significant 2nd year progression 

And I believe this team will compete for the division title next year.

This is what I expect and believe will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I disagree he runs too much. This isnt Lamar Jackson running constantly... When Allen runs he is picking up 15, 25, 45 yards at a time. He runs about half as much as Lamar Jackson yet is still putting up more yards.

Plus I dont get why people complain about Allen's running. Are we really complaining about a 25 yard gain third down just because he ran instead of threw?

Allen was visibly limping after that stupid pass attempt to him.

And yes, I'm really complaining about a 25 yard gain on third down if he had an open guy with a clear lane he could have thrown to 21 yds down the field.  He's a QB.  His job is to throw the ball.  If he's too exhausted to make the best throw to win the game because he's running instead of throwing earlier in the game, it's a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yes, I'm really complaining about a 25 yard gain on third down if he had an open guy with a clear lane he could have thrown to 21 yds down the field.  He's a QB.  His job is to throw the ball.  If he's too exhausted to make the best throw to win the game because he's running instead of throwing earlier in the game, it's a problem.

Could not agree more, he needs to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to guys who are being paid to do the running. The last half of the season was supposed to be for Allen to gain experience and show everyone he is not who he was in college, that's not happening...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

Could not agree more, he needs to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to guys who are being paid to do the running. The last half of the season was supposed to be for Allen to gain experience and show everyone he is not who he was in college, that's not happening...

This^

<_<

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

His limping had nothing to do with him running to catch a pass.  

His playing running back and not QB is what got him injured.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Because we don't have a functional running game and he still is in the infantile stage as far as reading defenses and managing the pocket (although getting better at it) he has become our offense. As you pointed out it is not good for him from a health standpoint and also from a developmental standpoint. I agree with you that I would rather see him make the throw than take off and get a good gain. On the plus side he is moving the chains, and on the minus side he is increasing the odds for him to get hurt. 

Barkley showed in the first game against the Jets how to run an offense and the benefit in the passing game of making the right reads. Josh Allen still is in the rudimentary stage at learning how to play the position. From what I am observing it seems that Allen is making incremental progress and is coming along. The obvious worry is that because he is so much relying on his legs that he is developing bad habits in bailing out to run and even more worrisome is placing himself in jeopardy by running. 

side note: Whether the gimmick pass to Allen worked or not I also didn't like the call. Why expose him to such a risk? If he catches the ball he is fair game to receive a punishing hit. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, captjohnston said:

Can't quite put my finger on it...

Josh Allen top performers.jpg

Josh Allen is basically the entire offence right now. He is carrying the team on his back.

1 hour ago, AllenWillBust said:

I don’t agree with that, he has improved a ton over his college tape.

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

His limping had nothing to do with him running to catch a pass.  

His playing running back and not QB is what got him injured.  

Actually he didn’t take a single hit running yesterday. What got him injured is a pathetic oline. He got pressured on 50% of pass plays and hit at least double digit times, even though he was getting it out on time. You can only stand in there and take so many shots during a game. Allen was basically running for his life, if he didn’t he probably wouldn’t have made it through the game.

So you know for a fact, that this throw was available and are not just assuming?

It was great to see Allen sliding yesterday instead of knocking heads on his runs.  If the defense wants to leave parts of the field wide open, then he should run for it if he can get a first down etc.   And some of the runs were designed plays as well.  

13 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

So you know for a fact, that this throw was available and are not just assuming?

I enjoy All-22 analysis.  On several of Allen's long runs, there has been a WR or RB open with a clear lane available before Allen crossed the LOS.

He's a rookie.  He'll miss things.  He only just adjusted to the fact NFL defenders move way faster than he's used to, now he needs to learn when he has enough space to pause and throw.

The Bills don't have an offense and Allen's style of play exacerbates the problem. 

Nothing comes easy to the Bills. There are no staple plays that work. 

So it's Allen running around with scatter shot accuracy. 

The line is poor. McCoy is done. How many wasted games do the Bills have this year "trying to get McCoy going" - they still talk about it every pregame with Chris Brown, Tasker, Simon and Murph. Its not 2011 anymore.  

So it's just trying to get by on broken plays and scrambles. 

They need a real offense.