Man just give Josh one Amari Cooper level receiver

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, we could have just had Cooper if we had the balls to trade. Our pick was going to be better then Dallas’ anyway. I said a month before the deadline we should try and trade for Cooper but everyone always wants to sit on our picks. Use our picks on WRs like Zay Jones. A guy that hasn’t had a single 100 yd game in his career. Yet an UDFA Robert Foster has basically 3 in the last 4 games. 

Hindsight is 20/20.  Cooper had a disappointing last year and a half in Oakland.  Give credit to the Cowboys for recognizing he needed a change in venue and were willing to give up a 1st round pick for him.  It was ballsy considering he could've been another Kelvin Benjamin with his contract ending after next year.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, we could have just had Cooper if we had the balls to trade. Our pick was going to be better then Dallas’ anyway. I said a month before the deadline we should try and trade for Cooper but everyone always wants to sit on our picks. Use our picks on WRs like Zay Jones. A guy that hasn’t had a single 100 yd game in his career. Yet an UDFA Robert Foster has basically 3 in the last 4 games. 

Would liked to have had Cooper, but the key weakness in the passing game is the OL. Not sure giving up our first round pick for Cooper would have been wise. Cooper or no Cooper, Allen would still be running for his life

6 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

And?

Amari Cooper has a few good games every once in a while, then disappears.

Even given the state of our WR I wouldn't take the Cooper deal with hindsight, he is about to enter free agency and is incredibly inconsistent

Sure hasn't looked that way in Dallas.

13 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen has a undeniable pass accuracy problem.  

:mellow:

Maybe if he had more time to throw & a WR or 2 that got separation we would see his accuracy be a bit better but when neither of those 2 things are happening & he's running for his life most of the time accuracy can become a bit harder to achieve !!

On 12/9/2018 at 6:26 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wanted them to go after Cooper, but he wasn't playing very well, and trading away what is becoming a pretty high 1st pick could have blown up in their face.

I'm not going to wring my hands over what they will do in the draft right now. I expect them to upgrade with a couple new starters on the O-line (say, a FA and a high pick), add another receiver (either a big name FA/trade, or a 1st pick), draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and try to get a decent TE somehow (most likely. an older FA). That would be my mindset going into the off-season, and I assume they have a similar outlook.

Upgrading 5 positions on this offense would be a pretty big boost.

Edited by OJ Tom