Is Josh Allen your QB?

Is Josh Allen your QB?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh Allen your QB or not? Here's the spectrum I see. Let us all know where you stand. I'm going with #1.

• Yes, Josh is the franchise. Don't draft a QB in 2019, get the best FA vet to backup and mentor.
    • Yes, but I want to draft another QB in 2019.
    • Maybe, I want a mid-low QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Probably not, so I want a high-mid QB draft pick in 2019.
    • No, I definitely want a high QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Hell no, blow it up and start over.

For being as raw as he was coming out of college. Allen has been better than advertised in my opinion and the #2 QB behind Mayfield.

Coming out of the draft I had Darnold and Rosen 1 and 2. I had Allen #3 over Mayfield. I based that more on measurables and was concerned with Mayfield’s height. However, I did believe Mayfield was more pro ready coming out college than Allen.

Was hoping Allen would have a chance to sit and learn for at least half the season but that plan blew up with the Peterman debacle. For as bad as the team around him has been. Allen hasn’t looked out of place. Fix the o-line and get the kid some weapons and I think he makes a jump next year.

53 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The throw to Clay was an awful throw. He's wide open and Allen throws a bullet at his knees instead of easing it out in front of him. Should have been an easy throw and catch and Allen whipped it too low in a spot he needed to dive for it.  

Allen struggles badly to throw with touch. Unless he's throwing the ball on a rope he's often overthrowing passes or throwing them at his receivers ankles. This has been an issue all season. He left 4 or 5 easy completions on the field today because the easy throws don't come naturally to him. 

Our team struggles to generate yards after the catch because Allen isn't consistent with his ball placement. 

Please tell me this is a joke... you can't really think Clay should not have caught that ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

Hit him right in stride.  Should have been a big gain - Clay has room to run.

Clay sucks.  Watch the NFL, guys aren’t hit in stride very often.  QBs job is get the ball where his receiver can make a play on the ball.  Receivers job is to catch it.  Clay doesn’t catch it.  

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, dubs said:

It’s amazing how different the results of this poll are and the tenor of the weekly threads that pop up. Hard to reconcile the two. 

I posted this largely in response to the GDT, where the negativity on JA was strong today.  So my version of, "Where you at?". 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

The throw to Clay was an awful throw. He's wide open and Allen throws a bullet at his knees instead of easing it out in front of him. Should have been an easy throw and catch and Allen whipped it too low in a spot he needed to dive for it.  

Allen struggles badly to throw with touch. Unless he's throwing the ball on a rope he's often overthrowing passes or throwing them at his receivers ankles. This has been an issue all season. He left 4 or 5 easy completions on the field today because the easy throws don't come naturally to him. 

Our team struggles to generate yards after the catch because Allen isn't consistent with his ball placement. 

An absolutely awful take. Just watched it in slow mo several times. The ball was in front of Clay, waist high, in his hands. Nothing wrong with that pass. That drop was completely on Clay.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Lol wat

9FCE0C9B-5189-499B-9964-2B81BD1B2C07.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Agree that Allen is more athletic then I had expected, but he really needs to improve on his accuracy (as other posters have noted).  We also need to see Allen play with a better o-line and wide receivers to get a better sense as to what we have with him.  Can he get through his progressions and make good throwing decisions if he has the time?  Can he understand the defenses and audible when necessary?  With such a poor o-line in front of him, we are not able to get a sense of these things, and these are the things that will determine whether he will be a quality QB for the Bills in the long- term (along with improvements in his accuracy).

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Lol wat

9FCE0C9B-5189-499B-9964-2B81BD1B2C07.jpeg

The ball is on a downward trajectory and too far in front of Clay. 

When he actually touches the ball it's at his waist and he's stretching to get it. 

He should have caught the ball, but the ball need to be dropped over his shoulder for a 40+ yard play. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

When he actually touches the ball it's at his waist and he's stretching to get it. 

He should have caught the ball, but the ball need to be dropped over his shoulder for a 40+ yard play. 

Yeah Allen should of dropped that ball swaddled in a hand made blanket directly into his hands.

• Haha (+1) 2

I admire your ability to persist with the point, even though it is completely at odds with video evidence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don’t debate Allen with jrober38, he hates Allen and will only spin anything and everything negative no matter what.  He’s like a cheating husband whose wife finds an open condom wrapper in his jeans and still tries to claim he isn’t cheating.  He will stick to his story no matter what and will go to any length to support it.  Like how he is trying to absolve Clay for his bone head drops again and pin it on Allen.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

No. Wrong. Stop.

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

In another thread, you said, "The guy is wide open with nothing but green grass in front of him and Allen threw a bullet at his ankles"

In this thread, you said, "He's wide open and Allen throws a bullet at his knees."

Now, it's at his waist, but he has to stretch for it.

Which is it?