Is Josh Allen your QB?

Is Josh Allen your QB?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh Allen your QB or not? Here's the spectrum I see. Let us all know where you stand. I'm going with #1.

• Yes, Josh is the franchise. Don't draft a QB in 2019, get the best FA vet to backup and mentor.
    • Yes, but I want to draft another QB in 2019.
    • Maybe, I want a mid-low QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Probably not, so I want a high-mid QB draft pick in 2019.
    • No, I definitely want a high QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Hell no, blow it up and start over.

22 minutes ago, dubs said:

I think the vast majority of fans are level headed, fair minded and can see the progression of JA. That coupled with the relatively poor supporting cast, inconsistent fat-o and terrible WRs and say, “I think we have a lot to be excited about with JA”.

Then you have the small minority of fans that have taken up a crusade against JA, McD, Beane, Pegulas, and anyone else they can fit into the their crosshairs. They post the same things over and over. Start threads for every incompletion. It seems as though there are a ton of doubters. But in reality it’s just a very small percentage of people, which this poll seems to confirm. 

The recent polls would support this 100%. 

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The idiots make a lot of noise around here but are still far in the minority.

Did you see my post before I deleted 99.5 percent of it.  Im pretty sick of the idiots.  They think we have a bad GM and coaching staff.  They try to point the finger at the D when Allen made a few critical "Rookie Mistakes"(That isnt a term I made up it exists for a reason.  Could it be that its not uncommon for rookies to make those mistakes.  Even Rookie Manning and Brees made those mistakes).  Crossman will be gone before the end of the season if not the week because special teams is a serious issue this season.  We are in good shape for the future finally.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I need another option......I’m generally encouraged, but it’s far too soon to say. Barkley is fine as a backup as long as Josh never gets hurt. 

It's not too soon to say.  The Bills have a 2019 draft to prepare for.  The decision has to be made one way or t'other.

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's not too soon to say.  The Bills have a 2019 draft to prepare for.  The decision has to be made one way or t'other.

The answer to that decision is....it’s too soon to say, so you stay the course.  I’m encouraged, but far from convinced. 

5 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Josh Allen is the only QB in the league with no help. Maybe in the history of the league.

He is going to have to learn take some zip off the ball so the butterfingers can hold onto the ball

It’s all a moot point. 

This is a inexperienced head coach and gm, with the most inexperienced offense in the league. Gonna have to ride it out and see the growth and if they can actually build a franchise from the ground up to contend for Super Bowls. They have earned their jobs, and made some amazing and also highly questionable decisions. I’m a firm believer the fans need to relax and wait to see the finished product on the field. 

Anyone crying for replacing the gm, head coach or quarterback should be ashamed. 

This is the exact reason for the bad product on the field for years and years. The browns turned it over and rebuilt every year or two and it’s never worked and made them the laughing stock of the league. They have some talent now but certainly are not ready for the next step. Maybe next year if they have another solid offseason. I think one more solid offseason and this bills team can compete. In our current state, even with the lack of talent no team in the league wants to face these guys because you never know what team you’ll see. The exciting big play offense and shutdown defense or maybe the inexperienced mistake prone offense and soft defense. 

These guys are here for the long haul like it or not 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m all in on Allen.  

He’s one more UDFA WR away from having 250+ yards passing/100 yards running game in - game out.  

This all without an offensive line, zero running game, no tight ends and our best WR (who’s actually legit) being a guy who went undrafted.   

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Josh Allen is the only QB in the league with no help. Maybe in the history of the league.

I think he finally has some help.  I think we got our #1 WR in Foster.  Jones kinda made me eat crow because I said he was becoming more consistant. But I still think he will.  I believe TE may have past WR as a priority although I would still like to see an AJ Green or Julio trade,  I think it is more likely now that we draft one and dont get a vet.  I think the commentators may be onto something when the said this offense doesnt suit Shady but maybe its just the Oline.  So he needs more help would be a better response.

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m all in on Allen.  

He’s one more UDFA WR away from having 250+ yards passing/100 yards running game in - game out.  

This all without an offensive line, zero running game, no tight ends and our best WR (who’s actually legit) being a guy who went undrafted.   

He was highly recruited to Alabama but never quite lived up to it.  He seems to be developing now.  I think one of the biggest things thats a plus for this staff is that everyone not named crossman can develope talent.

The Oline coach probably sucks too.  I would prefer my Oline coaches attack young men on the beach over a lawn chair.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

I'm not disputing anything you are saying but to be frank, he really only is better at running. EJ made very phenomenal throws and it really is not my fault you are going to pretend it never happened. He was wildly inconsistent and made some head scratching plays (sounds familiar). Allen plays a lot harder and his surrounding cast is abysmal but if you don't just look at 1 or 2 games, he's got a lot to prove. 

The whole point of my post is for you guys to not jump to conclusions and you ended your post with exactly that.

I was a huge Allen non-believer and he's proving me wrong SO FAR and I pray he continues to do it for the next 10 years. 

This is a good post for you.....I agree with it too....I hope Josh plays with the chip on his shoulder for the next 10 years.

39 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Ok? I doubt too many teams have as follows:

Lowest Paid OL in the NFL:

2nd Round LT

5th Round LG

Center that won’t be on the team next year

RG that won’t be on the team next year

RT that has a 50/50 shot of staying

Reliable Weapons:

Chris Ivory

Robert Foster

Isaiah McKenzie 

....that’s it.  

Even then, Allen did enough to will the team to wins these past 2 weeks if our Special Teams are simply a minor dumpster fire, instead of a roaring Cali Camp Fire. 

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

I'm not disputing anything you are saying but to be frank, he really only is better at running. EJ made very phenomenal throws and it really is not my fault you are going to pretend it never happened. He was wildly inconsistent and made some head scratching plays (sounds familiar). Allen plays a lot harder and his surrounding cast is abysmal but if you don't just look at 1 or 2 games, he's got a lot to prove. 

The whole point of my post is for you guys to not jump to conclusions and you ended your post with exactly that.

I was a huge Allen non-believer and he's proving me wrong SO FAR and I pray he continues to do it for the next 10 years. 

I really think Marrone ruined EJ.  But at best EJ would have been a servicable starter.  AT best Allen could end up being a legitimate GOAT.

7 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

It’s insane that anyone could think this.

If he thinks he is an Elite poster then it is possibl he thinks EJ had the tools to become an Elite passer Lol

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still here. Allen makes plays few QBs can make, it's just the routine check down passes he's struggled with. Allen needs to put on some tape of Chad Pennington and just observe him. Get more comfortable on them 5yd throws, play the chess game underneath. Most QBs do OK in this area over time, Allen just needs to put the brunt of his effort here this offseason. A pass catching TE and RB will get his completion % up quite a bit. Some of it is personnel and Allen has done well given the circumstances.