Is Josh Allen your QB?

Is Josh Allen your QB?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh Allen your QB or not? Here's the spectrum I see. Let us all know where you stand. I'm going with #1.

• Yes, Josh is the franchise. Don't draft a QB in 2019, get the best FA vet to backup and mentor.
    • Yes, but I want to draft another QB in 2019.
    • Maybe, I want a mid-low QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Probably not, so I want a high-mid QB draft pick in 2019.
    • No, I definitely want a high QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Hell no, blow it up and start over.

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The ball is on a downward trajectory and too far in front of Clay. 

When he actually touches the ball it's at his waist and he's stretching to get it. 

He should have caught the ball, but the ball need to be dropped over his shoulder for a 40+ yard play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No. Wrong. Stop.

If it's not out in front why does Clay lose his balance reaching for the ball? I was at the stadium with a view from the far end zone and Clay had to stretch to get to the ball. If it's not too far out in front why is Clay hunched over reaching for the ball in the next frame? After last week, if the home crowd thought Clay dropped the ball, don't you think there would have been at least some booing? 

In terms of positioning, Allen is on the right hash. Clay makes contact with the ball in between the hash marks, meaning it's moving from right hash towards the left hash, meaning  the ball is leading Clay. Watching the trajectory of the football, it is clearly dropping and if untouched would probably land on the 45 or 46 yard line on the left hash.  Clay should catch the ball because it hits his hands, but the placement of the ball is very poor.

Clay is wide open and Allen needs to learn to put some air under the ball. Hopefully that will come with more experience. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

If it's not out in front why does Clay lose his balance reaching for the ball? I was at the stadium with a view from the far end zone and Clay had to stretch to get to the ball. If it's not too far out in front why is Clay hunched over reaching for the ball in the next frame? After last week, if the home crowd thought Clay dropped the ball, don't you think there would have been at least some booing? 

In terms of positioning, Allen is on the right hash. Clay makes contact with the ball in between the hash marks, meaning it's moving from right hash towards the left hash, meaning  the ball is leading Clay. Watching the trajectory of the football, it is clearly dropping and if untouched would probably land on the 45 or 46 yard line on the left hash.  Clay should catch the ball because it hits his hands, but the placement of the ball is very poor.

Clay is wide open and Allen needs to learn to put some air under the ball. Hopefully that will come with more experience. 

Whatever

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

And we have the video right in front of us. It wasn't at his ankles, it wasn't at his knees, and Clay didn't have to do anything at all except catch it. There are passes one could point to as examples of Allen's inaccuracy. This isn't one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If it's not out in front why does Clay lose his balance reaching for the ball? 

That’s actually not what happened at all. The ball hits Clay in stride right in his hands, he drops it and then falls down.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

And we have the video right in front of us. It wasn't at his ankles, it wasn't at his knees, and Clay didn't have to do anything at all except catch it. There are passes one could point to as examples of Allen's inaccuracy. This isn't one of them.

Jrober is a gem from the bbmb... a troll at it’s ultimate transformation. Don’t pay much attention. Just like Offspring said, he’s only happy in his misery. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Was Zay’s drop in the clutch worse than Clay’s?

Zay’s drop was bad, but good receivers drop balls from time to time.  He had a bad day for sure - but he’s still having a very good season and has come back well from a terrible rookie year and offseason troubles.

Just now, Success said:

Zay’s drop was bad, but good receivers drop balls from time to time.  He had a bad day for sure - but he’s still having a very good season and has come back well from a terrible rookie year and offseason troubles.

Both are headcases, so it’s not totally shocking.

why does a man jump a bit on a pass right to his chest

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You type well, for a blind man. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Josh has shown enough on the field and an incredible work ethic off the field to commit to him for another year.  We can use the draft picks to help build an o line and give him more skill players to use. 

15 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not only was it a good throw, but, Clay never even would have had to slow his stride and there was nobody in front of him for 20 yards. 

Clay needs to go the way of Benjamin. 

It was like night and day seeing the efforts of our young receivers and watching Clay.   He looks like a slug out there. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

I know now is the least sensible time to mess with it, but I’d still like to see another game of Barkley. It won’t happen now and now isn’t the time to try it. It would be nice to know if we have a legit long term back up before the draft. Allen plays so wreck less that he’s going to get hurt and a backup is going to be important. It would also tell us a lot about Allen, if Barkley went in and put up 35+ again. I know it won’t happen but Allen is going to get hurt. He got real close today. This next game means absolutely nothing and won’t change Allen’s future one way or another. If you let Barkley start and he crashes and burns, you go into the offseason looking for a backup. If he lights it up again and proves there are plays to be made in the passing game...then you have a backup, you have a OC, you may have WRs and you might have a competition at qb next off season. Allen was really taking shots today and at the end of the day, this lions game won’t effect Allen one way or another. If you play Barkley and he plays well again, you might have your QB situation set up for 3 or 4 years.

57 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I posted this largely in response to the GDT, where the negativity on JA was strong today.  So my version of, "Where you at?". 

I think the vast majority of fans are level headed, fair minded and can see the progression of JA. That coupled with the relatively poor supporting cast, inconsistent fat-o and terrible WRs and say, “I think we have a lot to be excited about with JA”.

Then you have the small minority of fans that have taken up a crusade against JA, McD, Beane, Pegulas, and anyone else they can fit into the their crosshairs. They post the same things over and over. Start threads for every incompletion. It seems as though there are a ton of doubters. But in reality it’s just a very small percentage of people, which this poll seems to confirm. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Okay I liked Ej more than most but never in any point in his career did he flash the potential that Allen currently possesses. When given time Allen can throw in tight windows ACCURATELY down the intermediate to deep middle of the field.  He runs better than Ej ever did.  And oh btw he doesn’t have Robert Woods, Stevie Johnson, Cj Spiller, and Fred Jackson helping ease the load, it’s just Josh. 

I was a huge skeptic before this year because of the EJ experience, Josh Allen is going to be a superstar and I’m all in for Allen! 

I'm not disputing anything you are saying but to be frank, he really only is better at running. EJ made very phenomenal throws and it really is not my fault you are going to pretend it never happened. He was wildly inconsistent and made some head scratching plays (sounds familiar). Allen plays a lot harder and his surrounding cast is abysmal but if you don't just look at 1 or 2 games, he's got a lot to prove. 

The whole point of my post is for you guys to not jump to conclusions and you ended your post with exactly that.

I was a huge Allen non-believer and he's proving me wrong SO FAR and I pray he continues to do it for the next 10 years. 

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Haha (+1) 1

Stick with Allen.  Every Blue Chip QB should get at least 2 seasons.

I will say though Allen as been nearly exacting like all his Draft Scouting Reports indicated.

All the same strengths and all the same weakness...including the hero ball and shouts that he has no help.

all of it has made the trip from Wisconsin to Buffalo.

Now he needs to begin to flip the script on his Career Narrative starting soon.

4 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Stick with Allen.  Every Blue Chip QB should get at least 2 seasons.

I will say though Allen as been nearly exacting like all his Draft Scouting Reports indicated.

All the same strengths and all the same weakness...including the hero ball and shouts that he has no help.

all of it has made the trip from Wisconsin to Buffalo.

Now he needs to begin to flip the script on his Career Narrative starting soon.

Has he had help?

• Like (+1) 1