Is Josh Allen your QB?

Is Josh Allen your QB?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh Allen your QB or not? Here's the spectrum I see. Let us all know where you stand. I'm going with #1.

• Yes, Josh is the franchise. Don't draft a QB in 2019, get the best FA vet to backup and mentor.
    • Yes, but I want to draft another QB in 2019.
    • Maybe, I want a mid-low QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Probably not, so I want a high-mid QB draft pick in 2019.
    • No, I definitely want a high QB draft pick in 2019.
    • Hell no, blow it up and start over.

9 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Maybe but give me a vet. Make that an option. At this point EJ had a comparable to better start to his career.

Slow it down guys. 

Okay I liked Ej more than most but never in any point in his career did he flash the potential that Allen currently possesses. When given time Allen can throw in tight windows ACCURATELY down the intermediate to deep middle of the field.  He runs better than Ej ever did.  And oh btw he doesn’t have Robert Woods, Stevie Johnson, Cj Spiller, and Fred Jackson helping ease the load, it’s just Josh. 

I was a huge skeptic before this year because of the EJ experience, Josh Allen is going to be a superstar and I’m all in for Allen! 

Edited by Rad Likes The Bills
  • Like (+1) 6

Josh is an exciting player that has a real shot to become The Guy.

The team should do everything that they can to surround him with talent.

They should also draft another QB at some point--you have to keep an iron in the fire in case of injury or lack of development 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He absolutely is our QB.  I look forward to the day when we can see the numbers he puts up with truly dangerous WR's; decent TE's and an O-line that allows him to sit in the pocket. 

Once Shady went down we lost any semblance of a receiving threat from our RB's.  Throw in the fact that we have the worst TE situation in the NFL and it's a miracle we can even move the ball.  Think about the play on 2nd & 20 where Allen hit McKenzie with a 10 yard strike that #19 then turned and added 8 yards of YAK.  How often this season have we seen Bill's receivers (TE's & WR's) give us decent YAC?  Compared to other teams almost never. 

Or remember the pass to Clay that he dropped over the middle?  Perfect throw to hit Clay on the run and he drops it.  Would that have been a 25 yard play had he caught it?  That drop on our 2nd possession put us in a 3rd & 7 and when Allen tried to run he lost the fumble and the Jet's got a FG.  Make that catch and the Bills are in Jet's territory on the way to possibly going up 14 - 0. 

The throw to Clay was an awful throw. He's wide open and Allen throws a bullet at his knees instead of easing it out in front of him. Should have been an easy throw and catch and Allen whipped it too low in a spot he needed to dive for it.  

Allen struggles badly to throw with touch. Unless he's throwing the ball on a rope he's often overthrowing passes or throwing them at his receivers ankles. This has been an issue all season. He left 4 or 5 easy completions on the field today because the easy throws don't come naturally to him. 

Our team struggles to generate yards after the catch because Allen isn't consistent with his ball placement. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The throw to Clay was an awful throw. He's wide open and Allen throws a bullet at his knees instead of easing it out in front of him. Should have been an easy throw and catch and Allen whipped it too low in a spot he needed to dive for it.  

That's not how I saw it.  The ball was above the knees and hit Clay in stride.  In the NFL 99% of the time that pass is caught and huge YAC play is made. 

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's not how I saw it.  The ball was above the knees and hit Clay in stride.  In the NFL 99% of the time that pass is caught and huge YAC play is made. 

You saw it that way because that's exactly how it was. Add that to the three drops by Jones today and you have a quarterback who is being asked to do everything perfectly or be called inaccurate.  Had two drops in the endzone over the last two weeks.

They get nothing out of the wideouts and runningbacks.  Not sure why fans expect all passing yards to come from 80 yards bombs. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

You saw it that way because that's exactly how it was. Add that to the three drops by Jones today and you have a quarterback who is being asked to do everything perfectly or be called inaccurate.  Had two drops in the endzone over the last two weeks.

They get nothing out of the wideouts and runningbacks.  Not sure why fans expect all passing yards to come from 80 yards bombs. 

Thanks for that as I was beginning to wonder if I had lost it.  I was watching the game with the grand kids and after Clay's drop of what looked to me to be a very well thrown pass I had to refrain from teaching the kids some new words.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Went with option 4.  Probably not, draft another QB.

No way that happens of course, but you asked what I want, not what the team is going to do.

As long as McBeane are here, Josh Allen will be their QB and they will not be drafting another.

Edited by Nextmanup

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Thanks for that as I was beginning to wonder if I had lost it.  I was watching the game with the grand kids and after Clay's drop of what looked to me to be a very well thrown pass I had to refrain from teaching the kids some new words.

You saw it correct. That’s just jrober pushing the agenda. 

Coulda been thrown better but was anything but an “awful” pass. 

Im sure he was saying the same thing last week when clay dropped the game winner. How many times can a guy get away with “well he should have caught it, but it wasn’t a perfect pass”.... eventually it’s gotta be on clay. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yes for now.  He was the guy I wanted. He is more athletic than I thought he would be.  He is doing mostly what reasonable people on this board thought he would do.  He is showing far more upside than TT ever did but he is a hurting his team with turnovers.  Today was a just terrible ball security.  Two of the three worst passes he has thrown all year long were today.  That said, he made some great sideline passes that maybe only 10 other guys in the league can make.  He is still a half-second too slow on his reads. I thought he was less jittery in the pocket today.  Many of his runs were the correct play.  I would like to see more check downs and hitting the RB or TE in the flats as an outlet.  I would also like to see Daboll dial up some crossing routes and force this kid to work on his accuracy.  

But none of this matters if they don't fix the offensive line.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen struggles badly to throw with touch. Unless he's throwing the ball on a rope he's often overthrowing passes or throwing them at his receivers ankles. This has been an issue all season. He left 4 or 5 easy completions on the field today because the easy throws don't come naturally to him. 

Our team struggles to generate yards after the catch because Allen isn't consistent with his ball placement. 

You’re wrong and you’ve been wrong since week 1 on Allen.   You and fadingpain have bashed him over and over and over.    At least he disappeared after Allen started playing well but you’re still here saying this same repetitive nonsense. 

Allen was 9-12 on 3rd downs today BTW.    

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c0dc82a5669542f6b7

• Like (+1) 10

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

You’re wrong and you’ve been wrong since week 1 on Allen.   You and fadingpain have bashed him over and over and over.    At least he disappeared after Allen started playing well but you’re still here saying this same repetitive nonsense. 

Allen was 9-12 on 3rd downs today BTW.    

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c0dc82a5669542f6b7

I can’t believe I’m almost starting to like you. 

Makes me feel funny. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It's a loaded question.  Way too early to tell if Allen is the guy.  I like what I see, but he needs more time in the oven.  He's difficult to evaluate because his line is a sieve and his receiving corp a hot mess that can't catch balls that hit their hands.

We need serious help on the o-line and wideouts.  Too many needs to waste a pick on another QB.  Let's surround Allen with actual NFL calibur talent next season, then see if he's the guy.  It's obvious he's struggling to win with the Bad News Bears out there.

• Like (+1) 1